Help me pick a b'day gift!!

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I know, I know, it's the day after Christmas but my DH has given me the green light to pick a b'day gift at Hermes (my b'day is in late Jan.)

Because of some recent big purchases in the Tea household, I can't get anything like a Kelly or Bolide right now but something less expensive is doable.

My problem is that I get "ADD" when I walk into Hermes. I want SOO many different items and combinations of items in there that I can't focus and when I actually get the chance to BUY something substantial (more than just a charm or scarf) I get confused!!! Here are some things I've been hankering after....any advice?

Here's a little peek into my closet for reference. As of now, I have a Trim, Birkin, a few scarves, twillies and pochettes and some porcelain. No shoes, belts, H evening bags (my only evening bag is a black Louis Vuitton Epi). No bracelets or watches yet. I have one very good watch (Cartier Tank) but nothing casual with a leather strap. I'm currently not craving any H wallets at this time.

Sooooo:

1. Mini Jige in chevre or box?
2. GM Cape Cod Double Tour watch? (barenia, vert Anis, potiron strap?)
3. Collier se Chien bracelet + plisse scarf + belt
4. Garden Party canvas tote pm
5. Kelly double Tour Bracelet + H belt, Shoes and plisse scarf?

I just want it ALL!!!! lol!

Help an addict out?:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

what about a JPG kelly clutch since you don't have anything H to carry for evening? just a thought.

advance happy birthday, am an aquarian too. when's your b-day GT?

I know, I know, it's the day after Christmas but my DH has given me the green light to pick a b'day gift at Hermes (my b'day is in late Jan.)

Because of some recent big purchases in the Tea household, I can't get anything like a Kelly or Bolide right now but something less expensive is doable.

My problem is that I get "ADD" when I walk into Hermes. I want SOO many different items and combinations of items in there that I can't focus and when I actually get the chance to BUY something substantial (more than just a charm or scarf) I get confused!!! Here are some things I've been hankering after....any advice?

Here's a little peek into my closet for reference. As of now, I have a Trim, Birkin, a few scarves, twillies and pochettes and some porcelain. No shoes, belts, H evening bags (my only evening bag is a black Louis Vuitton Epi). No bracelets or watches yet. I have one very good watch (Cartier Tank) but nothing casual with a leather strap. I'm currently not craving any H wallets at this time.

Sooooo:

1. Mini Jige in chevre or box?
2. GM Cape Cod Double Tour watch? (barenia, vert Anis, potiron strap?)
3. Collier se Chien bracelet + plisse scarf + belt
4. Garden Party canvas tote pm
5. Kelly double Tour Bracelet + H belt, Shoes and plisse scarf?

I just want it ALL!!!! lol!

Help an addict out?:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

GT I know how much you want that Collier se Chien bracelet..but jige is so nice..and I think you were eyeing cape cod, too. (OMG..You DO have ADD...)
so..I narrow it down to..1 or 2 or 3..:P

this is so exciting!!!

what about a JPG kelly clutch since you don't have anything H to carry for evening? just a thought.

advance happy birthday, am an aquarian too. when's your b-day GT?

Love these, but too pricey at this time.

I need to decide if I LOOOVE the Jige or if I should wait for the JPG clutch. But it would be awhile because I would probably choose a Bolide first. I'm kinid of sick of my LV evening bag, too. UGHHHHH!!!!

Fesdu, I'm hopelessly ADD at Hermes!

Ooooh gooooosh GT......I don't know what to tell you.....I would say a GP tote...a CDC bracelet.....a watch....I want them all!!!! Good luck though -- while I think a clutch would be great...for my life, there's not much need for that and a tote or something else would be of more use....

GT - i sure know what you mean about that ADD . . . i was at mad ave. a couple days after my birthday, bound and determined to buy myself a little pressie. and i wandered around the store for over an hour sighing and trying to decide what to get. scarf? ano cuff? enamel bracelet? bookmark? ulysee? hermie? teacup? ashtray? finally, a couple minutes after closing i bought a necklace i didn't even like just to buy SOMETHING. (i returned it when i realized what i wanted was a gloves clip.)

so i have no advice whatsoever, but thought i'd let you know you're not alone!

Every time I walk into H I forget everything I wanted to look at/ask about! I'm having the same dilemma right now...what to get next??? And it's driving me crazy thinking about the possibilities! :nuts:
I'd vote for the Jige or the Garden Party...they are both on my "gotta have it someday" list! :yes:

CDC bracelet, belt and plissee scarf.
Why?
You have three MUST HAVE staples for your wardrobe that you will get a lot of mileage from and that are SPECIAL.
The shoes IMO are not so special, you get more bang for your buck from different brands (CL, MB).

none of the above?

i'd save the smaller purchases for when the budget is smaller, rather than get several of them now. for what you're thinking of spending, what about a belt in ostrich or croc? i suppose the jige, GP and watch would be in the same category of larger purchase, too.

CDC bracelet, belt and plissee scarf.
Why?
You have three MUST HAVE staples for your wardrobe that you will get a lot of mileage from and that are SPECIAL.
The shoes IMO are not so special, you get more bang for your buck from different brands (CL, MB).

you're right about the shoes. I haven't tried on the CDC bracelet yet. I'm really in trouble if it's comfortable!

Happy B'day GT!

You said you want it all, so I vote for that.

My DH insists that Less is More, but I think less is boring.

My second vote would be a Jige clutch in a TDF color, with a scarf.

I guess I'm not much help.

Heck, just get it all.