Which is more 'designer' Coach or Juicy?

Juicy looks kiddy to me, Coach on the other hand is an established brand. I like some of Coach leather bags and think they are pretty well made and of good quality for the price. Juicy seems to me like an over-hyped brand simply because it was once famous for its tracksuits...

Wow you gals are all beating down on juicy. I like my juicy bag a lot. It has the softest leather out of all my bags and it is nice thick leather. The quality is very good, better than my coach. I tend to not like their non-leather ones, or their ones with too many chains and the word "juicy" on it, but love mine.
photolarge972.jpg

I'd say Coach.

Juicy's leather bags are all right, but everything else is so tacky! If I didn't know anything about it, I'd never think it was designer. I think a lot of Juicy's stuff looks really cheap, espeically their fabric bags.

I don't know which is more "designer". I've never owned Juicy--they seem way too young for me. Coach has designs for all ages, IMO, and usually they seem very well made. I give credit to Coach for reinventing itself when all they used to sell were the heavy leather bags in dark colors (but they never wore out!) Juicy usually has too much stuff hanging from their bags for me. I prefer simpler designs.

I would say that they are both designers. Their audience is different, but they are both as much of a designer as the other.

I totally agree. =)
There are some very nice bags from these brands; some of Juicy's recent bags have great leather (very soft & thick). I really don't think anyone should put down a brand just because he/she doesn't like it, it's a matter of personal preference. Some of Juicy/Coach bags are about $800USD, they are NOT low-end like others claim at all.

The leather on this line is just great!
It really doesn't matter what others think of your bag, enjoy it. =)

Wow you gals are all beating down on juicy. I like my juicy bag a lot. It has the softest leather out of all my bags and it is nice thick leather. The quality is very good, better than my coach. I tend to not like their non-leather ones, or their ones with too many chains and the word "juicy" on it, but love mine.
photolarge972.jpg

:s :sad: :sweatdrop: seriously, why are there always debates over who is more "designer" or what brand is "better" than the others...etc? If a person past 20 decides to wear either of these brands that is their choice and maybe what they can afford. I think it has gone far enough to have conversations bashing "low end designers." Not everyone can afford hermes, LV, chanel, burberry, coach, dooney and bourke, juicy couture, whatever...I thought this forum was to talk about the excitement of bags not be so catty as to say which bag is better.
They are both designer bags, they are more expensive and more established than say a walmart bag. But if all a person can afford is a walmart bag, they might be embarrassed about this forum because they can't display because so many might throw "cheap" down their throats. I think we need to be a little more sensitive to people who happen to like juicy or coach bags. Instead of calling them low end maybe we should talk about their positive aspects.
As you can see from the posts in this particular thread some people made comments as follow:
"I have a juicy, but it doesn't look like a juicy."
"I used to not like coach but now I do because of their new lines."
A person shouldn't have to make a defensive comment about their bags. If they like them so be it, but I will say the cattiness is about what bag is better is kind of a shame. I thought we were a place to love bags and discuss quality not bag bashing and hating because something is lower brand.
Not to offend, but just some of the threads are redundant and might offend those if that is all they can afford.

They are marketed toward different audiences, IMO.

I agree. I think Juicy is targeting more of the younger crowd while Coach is not. I mean you see wider range of age groups wearing Coach than Juicy. They both defnitely present their own style in different ways. I'd say they are about the same in terms of whether it's designer or not.

Coach...juicy...enough said..it sounds like a kids bag. Not to mention the fact that you don't see ppl walking around with "vuitton"written on their butt. I'm talking about he sweatpants. COACH all the way