Which is more 'designer' Coach or Juicy?

coach is tacky???? :wtf: how so?
Yeah, I was thinking that. I've seen a couple of LVs that I personally think are tacky, no matter what the tag or any clout it carries. But I don't go around telling people the stuff they like is tacky. Everybody has their own opinion; It's just not nice to talk down to others based on that. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

I like anything that I can see myself using for the next 20 years. I have never found a juicy bag I would buy. Very ghetto and ugly to me. But I gotta give it up to their track suits...comfy!

With coach bags, come are cute, some are ugly. The have the most COMFORTABLE shoes though!

Coach is better :greengrin:

I don't really like either, but imo Juicy is more designer. They seem to refer to themselves as designer and are usually sold as so.

all in perspective my dear.

afterall, donna karen doesn't design anymore, i don't think she even owns the company now...someone catch me on that.

tommy hilfiger certainly doesn't

so just because it says love, P&G doesn't neccessarily mean they design it, it means they had a team of designers produce what is considered to be "juicy" and then they decided whether it would be in stores or not.

IMO there are very few actual designers, that are established, that still designs!

thinking about it, marc jacobs alone is in charge of several lines, including LV's and Marc Jacob itself.

that girl, who now is in charge of all three section, men women and accessories (for the life of me i can't recall her name, i think it's because it's too early in the morning and i haven't had my tea yet
:P ) designs for YSL, Stella McCartney, Gucci as well as other small labels.

Coach's designer is Reed and believe it or not he actually has a hand in the design for bags. the 65th anni is his take on bonnie cashin's first designs for coach, and you can tell because he constantly doodles...and you'll see those in frames at the stores.

nonetheless, coach does have a team of designers as well.

so really this whole arguement is stupid.

it's all in perspective!

^also, how did you think tom ford got so famous?

he was one of the designers who was so damn good that he actually got to label things, like gucci by tom ford.

and he got to strut down the runway.

oh boy this is ridiculous.

im only 16 and i've never had a job and of course Coach is the designer I head for because it is classy and more affordable compared to those "higher-end" ones. Not like my mom gives me $1,000 every month to buy a LV bag. it's way more established than Juicy Couture. i pretty much grew up with Coach because my mom shopped there since I was born but now goes for LV, Gucci, and Chanel, of course.. it's pretty obvious those are "higher -end" compared to coach. Not like Coach is dirt-cheap like some of you are implying!! Coach has some really classic stuff. For ex: my mom gave me X amount of money, I bought Coach sunglasses and not like $500 Chanel ones. They are still high quality, even if they aren't "higher-end"

I agree that this is really a ridiculous argument. Its primary purpose is to knock down both brands and make the people who like them feel terrible. There are lots of "designer" brands that are newer or older or have a young feel or a classic feel, and one is not necessarily better than the other, but they are targeted towards different audiences.

We all have bags and brands we like or dislike. There are plenty of people who dislike Balenciaga bags or don't see the value in a Birkin, despite their elevated status. That doesn't mean those brands are in any way worse than others or better; just that they have their audience like every other brand does.

This thread wasn't intended to 'put down' any bags. I had a honest question. It was that coach seemed to be a more commonly used and the more expensive brand as a whole, but juicy was for sale in high end department stores and even at eluxury.com.

In my concept designer=more pricey so I was a bit confused.

A person shouldn't have to make a defensive comment about their bags. If they like them so be it, but I will say the cattiness is about what bag is better is kind of a shame. I thought we were a place to love bags and discuss quality not bag bashing and hating because something is lower brand.
Not to offend, but just some of the threads are redundant and might offend those if that is all they can afford.

AGREED. I love my Coach stuff purses just as much as my LV, and I did see some nice looking leather Juicy stuff over the weekend (didn't buy any though). As someone said, Coach has been around longer, so don't know if that has something to do with it.

I used to think Juicy purses were sort of tacky when all I saw was those dog carriers made out of towels but once I actually looked their line over I discovered a lot of really neat stuff. In a store the other day I saw a black leather Juicy bag with gold hardware and the quality seemed so incredible I probably would have bought it if I hadn't just splurged on a LV. I always thought Coach made beautiful pieces and I almost always find myself complimenting girls with lovely Coach bags. Both designers have some great stuff and are very exclusive IMO. Not everyone can appreciate good quality and craftmanship.

I always feel like coach is just copying the trends and putting their logo on it, but that's just me. At least Juicy is saying something, even if some people find it tacky.

Not that I have anything against Coach. I think their items are well made and cute!