Is it rude for an ebay seller to refuse to take additional pictures?

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
I'm not sure how to feel about this

I was looking at a very expensive LV bag on ebay and I emailed the seller asking for more pics of the bag.

The seller told me that they already had good pictures up and was very busy.

I actually felt bad for asking and said ok. I just wanted to see the inside. :shrugs:

But after thinking about it I felt that I was not in the wrong for asking. This bag is gonig for over $1,000. Not small change.

If i were selling something that expensive I would be more open to taking pics.

Heck I have a wallet up for sale thats bids were only up to $300 and when someone emailed me about a detailed pic.....and I took more. No big deal. I wanted the sale.

I dunno. I just had to share. The seller was very nice but I was kind of put off. The bag is not cheap. Is is so bad to ask for more pics? i think there were only a total of 3 or 4. :shrugs:

I think the seller doesn't want your money..It turns me off when seller isn't that accomodating. I take it as a first sign to not to have business with her/him.

It's their job to provide clear and details pics..

If a seller does not meet my requests for pics and info, I do NOT bid. I don't care how good the deal is...

if I'm gonna spend so much on a bag...I would expect additional pictures if needed...I think you have every right to have more pics esp of the inside! I wanna know exactly what I'm getting!!

You were absolutely in your right to ask for more photos! There are SO many scam artists infesting eBay right now...especially in the high-end luxury goods categories! If you're not getting the information/photos that you ask for, RUN away from their auctions!

If the seller isn't accomodating with photos, then I would wonder how accomodating they would be if the bag isnt what you expect. I say look for a different auction.

Exactly...if they are too busy to take a simple picture then they will probably be too busy to accept a return or make sure you get your money back.

Don't do business with.

Don't feel bad about asking for pics. As a potential buyer, you have every right to do so... it's her loss, for not accomodating a simple request.

However, I don't think she's being rude just because she refuses to take more pics... unless the tone of her response to you was rude.

If the seller isn't accomodating with photos, then I would wonder how accomodating they would be if the bag isnt what you expect. I say look for a different auction.
Totally agree with this. :yes:

Also, with some ebay sellers taking pictures from other people, it's simply more secured if you ask for extra photos of some specific angles, just in case, and understanding sellers will sure be more accomodating than that. :rolleyes: