Is it rude for an ebay seller to refuse to take additional pictures?

As a buyer you have to be polite but also you have the right to be extra picky/finnicky, esp. if you're dealing with high-end goods. Don't feel bad; take up the next auction.

If someone asked me for more pics I would send them. I would take this as a sign. If you think the bag is authentic then that is just straight up rude on the sellers behalf.

I don't think it's rude for a seller not to provide additional pics, but I don't think it's very smart. If they have the time to put up the auction and are asking someone to spend > $1K on it they should have the time to provide additional pics upon request.

If someone asked me for more pics I would send them. I would take this as a sign. If you think the bag is authentic then that is just straight up rude on the sellers behalf.

^^Yep. Its real and they know it. I thing that's proabably why they feel like they dont need to take more pics.
I went back and looked at some of their other auctions and it seems to be a trend. Just not too many pics.

Oh well. I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt unreasonable.

^^Yep. Its real and they know it. I thing that's proabably why they feel like they dont need to take more pics.
I went back and looked at some of their other auctions and it seems to be a trend. Just not too many pics.

Oh well. I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt unreasonable.

Nope, you definitely weren't being unreasonable.
Parting with $1000+ is no small thing, and sellers of authentic goods would know how many scammers are out there and, IMO would want to reassure potential buyers that theirs are truly authentic.
Too bad for your seller - she just lost a potential customer!

every time I try to ask additional pictures for bags or wallets I want to bid on...
I have yet to get one reply... that does send me pictures.
Shouldn't sellers try to get extra pictures when they sell their stuff...
just for this purpose?
Lee is right!:yes: NO Pictures=No buy.

As a seller I feel the 12 pictures I pay for on ebay are sufficient. I try very hard to take excellent photos so I dont get asked for more pictures. I know what I look for in sellers pictures so I try to take what you may look for ie: date code, lock details, etc. I have only been asked a couple of times for more pictures, and no I didnt send them, because both times I was asked for faxes or scans of my receipt. ummm, no. They were probably people who would use it to sell their fake bags. Anyway, if a seller takes pix of what the buyer will automatically look for in handbags, The 12 listed should be sufficient. Thats my opinion as a seller.

As a seller I try to take pics of every conceivable angle of any item (front back, top, bottom, sides, inside, date code, LV stamp, etc...) I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for a pic of the inside of a bag if one is not posted.

I am sometimes not accommodating with potential buyers if they ask me questions that are clearly posted in the auction (ie... how much is shipping? What is item's condition? etc...) I will usually respond "Shipping is stated in auction. Condition is as listed in the auction." I know it sounds snippy, but people really do need to read the auctions if they are going to bid, Kwim? ;)

I am sorry that they could not accomodate you a bit more since you obviously wanted the bag, but do not feel bad for asking to see more pictures...that is your right if you are paying that much money for something!

As a seller and a buyer, I don't feel that is wrong to ask for additional photos. Buying a bag for $1K+ is no small investment. If the seller refused I would take my business elsewhere.

As a seller I try to take pics of every conceivable angle of any item (front back, top, bottom, sides, inside, date code, LV stamp, etc...) I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for a pic of the inside of a bag if one is not posted.

I am sometimes not accommodating with potential buyers if they ask me questions that are clearly posted in the auction (ie... how much is shipping? What is item's condition? etc...) I will usually respond "Shipping is stated in auction. Condition is as listed in the auction." I know it sounds snippy, but people really do need to read the auctions if they are going to bid, Kwim? ;)

agreed. also sometimes i say no if they ask for pictures in an unfriendly manner ( "send pics of x part of item please thanks") because i probably wouldn't want to deal with them if they were to win, or if i suspect it's to steal them from their feedback/previous activity. if they ask for pics without watermarking i usually don't even respond, that stinks of picture-thief from a mile off!

I don't think it's rude for a seller not to provide additional pics, but I don't think it's very smart. If they have the time to put up the auction and are asking someone to spend > $1K on it they should have the time to provide additional pics upon request.

I agree, it isn't rude because they have no obligation to take more pictures. However, if they can't accomodate a small request it makes you wonder about the quality aned authenticity and the how accomodating the seller will be later on.

agreed. also sometimes i say no if they ask for pictures in an unfriendly manner ( "send pics of x part of item please thanks") because i probably wouldn't want to deal with them if they were to win, or if i suspect it's to steal them from their feedback/previous activity.

Yeah, that's another thing... if they ask in an unfriendly manner, or they ask stuff that is clearly stated in the auction I wonder how much of a pain they are going to be to deal with if they win! ;) I usually check the feedback of someone asking questions as well... if they are 0 or low feedback, newly registered, etc... I may not answer the question.