YSL monogram two-part zippered compact wallet

Wow! What a gorgeous color. Is that the 8-card version? I was eyeing this style but went with the narrower version (5 card slots). Could you please share more pictures? How does it look when full? Do bills fit nicely and perfectly? Are cards easy to insert and take out? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and i believe they are the same length when open.

Thanks in advance. :heart:
I have the 8 card wallet. It looks fairly the same when full. I doubled up on cards in most of the slots, pls there are two inner slots that I also have cards in. Bills fit in nicely, in fact I think the billfold slot is a little too deep. I have a coin case, so I rarely use the coin slot. I’m not the most gentle with wallets, which made me hesitant to buy a luxury brand one, but so far this has held up nicely. Still no corner wear. I wish YSL would come up with more fun colors like this in SLGs. Hope this helps, and congrats on your wallet!

EA691299-E70E-4F18-807E-36E0BB13303B.jpeg

17ADE17A-BA84-444F-A902-1BCCE98B9064.jpeg

C58A7251-7ED7-4839-8E25-57109F813534.jpeg

7519C22C-E4DB-4DF2-8950-FF647776B87F.jpeg

I have the 8 card wallet. It looks fairly the same when full. I doubled up on cards in most of the slots, pls there are two inner slots that I also have cards in. Bills fit in nicely, in fact I think the billfold slot is a little too deep. I have a coin case, so I rarely use the coin slot. I’m not the most gentle with wallets, which made me hesitant to buy a luxury brand one, but so far this has held up nicely. Still no corner wear. I wish YSL would come up with more fun colors like this in SLGs. Hope this helps, and congrats on your wallet!

View attachment 5072336

View attachment 5072337

View attachment 5072339

View attachment 5072341
Thank you for sharing the details and photos. :smile: Your wallet is beautiful and very practical too. Great to know you can double up the cards without issues. I hope I won't regret getting the smaller one instead of this style.

These beauties arrived today. but confused on which one to keep. One has a loose thread inside (corner) although stitching around it looks intact. With the other (bottom and right in pictures), the Chevron pattern on the back is slightly off center (2-3mm). Which flaw is worse? This is sold out at the moment and I got it during saks's sale. Saved CA$125 per item. Should I wait for another sale? Thanks heaps in advance.

Attachments

• 20210506_221126.jpg
    20210506_221126.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210506_221236.jpg
    20210506_221236.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210506_223714.jpg
    20210506_223714.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210506_223918.jpg
    20210506_223918.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210506_231252.jpg
    20210506_231252.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210506_232026.jpg
    20210506_232026.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 29
These beauties arrived today. but confused on which one to keep. One has a loose thread inside (corner) although stitching around it looks intact. With the other (bottom and right in pictures), the Chevron pattern on the back is slightly off center (2-3mm). Which flaw is worse? This is sold out at the moment and I got it during saks's sale. Saved CA$125 per item. Should I wait for another sale? Thanks heaps in advance.

Tbh, sometimes once you noticed the defects or imperfection, you can’t “un-see” it. I won’t keep either, but that’s just my opinion.

Reactions: luvleeness

Did you end up returning both? I would have kept the one with the loose thread and just cut it, especially if the item is sold out and it was something I really wanted.

Did you end up returning both? I would have kept the one with the loose thread and just cut it, especially if the item is sold out and it was something I really wanted.
Hi. Not yet. It became available again for a short while and got one more wallet. It's on its way. Saks online has agreed to extend my free return until the third wallet arrives. Hopefully that one is better, if not will keep the least defective. Fingers crossed. Found 3 loose threads altogether. One is really stiff and hard and can get stuck. Might be tricky to cut. Let's see. :smile: ssense has the same assymetrical wallet i got but in green color: https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/women/product/saint-laurent/khaki-monogram-zipped-bifold-wallet/6913671.
There must be a whole batch out there.

IMG-20210507-WA0016.jpg

Reactions: LadyV
Hi. Not yet. It became available again for a short while and got one more wallet. It's on its way. Saks online has agreed to extend my free return until the third wallet arrives. Hopefully that one is better, if not will keep the least defective. Fingers crossed. Found 3 loose threads altogether. One is really stiff and hard and can get stuck. Might be tricky to cut. Let's see. :smile: ssense has the same assymetrical wallet i got but in green color: https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/women/product/saint-laurent/khaki-monogram-zipped-bifold-wallet/6913671.
There must be a whole batch out there.

Good to hear! Fingers crossed for you that it's flawless.

I have the same wallet in black but in smooth leather and silver hardware. I absolutely love it! It's the perfect size for both my larger bags and smaller ones.

Good to hear! Fingers crossed for you that it's flawless.

I have the same wallet in black but in smooth leather and silver hardware. I absolutely love it! It's the perfect size for both my larger bags and smaller ones.
Thanks. Yes, that is why I'm not giving up. Heheheh... hubby doesn't roll his eyes anymore when I get multiples because I'm picky and bothered usually by imperfections. Glad to hear you are loving yours. It hits the spot for a perfect and versatile compact wallet. :smile: can you share a picture of yours? Isn't smooth leather more scratch prone? Is it the same leather as the lou camera bag and lou lou?

Thanks. Yes, that is why I'm not giving up. Heheheh... hubby doesn't roll his eyes anymore when I get multiples because I'm picky and bothered usually by imperfections. Glad to hear you are loving yours. It hits the spot for a perfect and versatile compact wallet. :smile: can you share a picture of yours? Isn't smooth leather more scratch prone? Is it the same leather as the lou camera bag and lou lou?

Here's a quick pic I just snapped of my mini YSL SLG family. :love: I love having matching sets for my bags. This set is my everyday for my medium West Hollywood, but I plan on getting a black/gold set for evening (I'm in search of the very rare large Kate in black with gold hw, but may just have to settle for a medium).

I actually really love the smooth leather. It's quite durable! I don't baby my SLGs as much as I do my bags, and I find these look just as great as when I bought them (I got them during the last YSL sale in the fall). It's definitely a different leather than the smooth Lou Camera Bag (I actually used to own that one but the leather started to peel and looked more pebbled as it aged), while this leather seems more like calfskin but it's a lot thicker so it's not as delicate.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Love
Here's a quick pic I just snapped of my mini YSL SLG family. :love: I love having matching sets for my bags. This set is my everyday for my medium West Hollywood, but I plan on getting a black/gold set for evening (I'm in search of the very rare large Kate in black with gold hw, but may just have to settle for a medium).

I actually really love the smooth leather. It's quite durable! I don't baby my SLGs as much as I do my bags, and I find these look just as great as when I bought them (I got them during the last YSL sale in the fall). It's definitely a different leather than the smooth Lou Camera Bag (I actually used to own that one but the leather started to peel and looked more pebbled as it aged), while this leather seems more like calfskin but it's a lot thicker so it's not as delicate.
They are gorgeous. Matching The makes sense. And the leather looks stronger than the lou lou's... but still luxurious. Peeling is not acceptable at all.
Love the subtle natural grain showing. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

Hi,

I just received my monogram envelope wallet and I noticed a tiny tear on the interior piping where the wallet folds over. Is this normal or should I ask for an exchange? It's my first luxury wallet so I don't know what to expect with real leather.

Is it the same on the other side? It doesn't look normal to me. If an exchange isn't possible, see if you can repurchase and return this one instead. I'm still waiting for a two-fold wallet to be on sale. :sad: