Your new Coach: a mini-reveal thread!

My Ellie arrived from Neiman Marcus....I think it is pretty but I am soooo nervous about the scratching of the leather....the was already a small scratch on the black portion of the leather and almost a veining of the leather on the front flap....is that normal...I will post pictures too...brb

Attachments

• 6F15385B-9929-4C43-AB31-1A45FB39523E.jpeg
    6F15385B-9929-4C43-AB31-1A45FB39523E.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 465
  • A90BCF33-1FE5-4198-AC31-48DD7ED08A47.jpeg
    A90BCF33-1FE5-4198-AC31-48DD7ED08A47.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 459
My Ellie arrived from Neiman Marcus....I think it is pretty but I am soooo nervous about the scratching of the leather....the was already a small scratch on the black portion of the leather and almost a veining of the leather on the front flap....is that normal...I will post pictures too...brb
I think yes it's normal. Some like veins others don't so you could always exchange for a different one. Mine doesn't have any, but did come with scratches on 2 rivets and a mark on the back. The other scratches on the leather will happen, but I just rub some leather cpr or blackrocks on it and the go away. I've used it the last 2 weekends and day 1 I was nervous, but it seems to be holding up just fine.

Reactions: JStHilaire33
To the ladies who bought the Ellie Crossbody, does your magnetic closure have a lip or raised place on it? I don't know how to explain it. I've never had a Coach bag with a magnetic closure so I didn't know if that's normal or a defect. I'll attempt to post a pic. It's at the top of the magnet. 20190927_183020.jpg 20190927_183020.jpg

To the ladies who bought the Ellie Crossbody, does your magnetic closure have a lip or raised place on it? I don't know how to explain it. I've never had a Coach bag with a magnetic closure so I didn't know if that's normal or a defect. I'll attempt to post a pic. It's at the top of the magnet. View attachment 4551324 View attachment 4551324
This looks like a defect to me and is definitely not normal. You should exchange this bag for another one.

Reactions: DooneyDamour
I think yes it's normal. Some like veins others don't so you could always exchange for a different one. Mine doesn't have any, but did come with scratches on 2 rivets and a mark on the back. The other scratches on the leather will happen, but I just rub some leather cpr or blackrocks on it and the go away. I've used it the last 2 weekends and day 1 I was nervous, but it seems to be holding up just fine.
Thank you!! Going to grab some of the leather cpr.

Reactions: holiday123
To the ladies who bought the Ellie Crossbody, does your magnetic closure have a lip or raised place on it? I don't know how to explain it. I've never had a Coach bag with a magnetic closure so I didn't know if that's normal or a defect. I'll attempt to post a pic. It's at the top of the magnet. View attachment 4551324 View attachment 4551324
I boxed mine back up and asked for a new on via Neimans I didn't notice.

What does the bottom half look like? Do you mean the raised lip around the edge? Or the small spot in the raised part in the middle? I'm asking because I have seen magnetic closures like that before, minus the small circle in the middle. It might be how they attach the magnetic part and they solder it shut?

Here's an example of what I mean (from another brand). It has a raised lip on the edge and a screw in the middle for attaching the closure to the bag. It's raised in the middle to help secure it to the bottom which has a hole.
IMG_5511.JPG

Reactions: DooneyDamour

I've seen that raised lip on plenty of other bags with magnetic closures like that. I think it's there to keep it from slipping off if the bag is overstuffed, since the lip will kind of hold it in place.

Mine has this, perfectly normal. It actually makes it easier to close because all you need to do is get the magnet near the bottom part and kind of push down and up (if that makes sense) and it finds the closure. A lot easier than some of the other flap w/magnetic closure bags where you have to manually line up the closure each time.