Your Mitzah (esp. AbcDior) scarf on your DIOR bag (or on you personally)

Anyone has faced the dilemma of whether or to get their initial mitzah scarf when it might not be their first choice of colour / usual colour?

Was offered a mitzah scarf in my initial ("T") a few days ago, but didn't get it as I didn't quite like the design - it was in blue and I tend to be a red/pink type of person so I got a larger scarf in that colour scheme.

Went back and saw more photos of both the initial and mitzah scarf and am regretting it now though. The initial is so unique and the twilly cutting of the scarf is so versatile. Am actually considering getting my initial scarf now.. But given that I wasn't really impressed by the design when I first saw it, should I pass?

Also, does anyone own both the mitzah and a larger (50cmx50cm? Not sure what the dimensions are) and can comment on the utility and function of both? Is there a lot of overlap?

nope. decided i wont wear it. my initial doesnt match my clothes colours. in fact it clashes i think with my regular colours.

I'm struggling with the same thing!!

Last edited:
Anyone has faced the dilemma of whether or to get their initial mitzah scarf when it might not be their first choice of colour / usual colour?

Was offered a mitzah scarf in my initial ("T") a few days ago, but didn't get it as I didn't quite like the design - it was in blue and I tend to be a red/pink type of person so I got a larger scarf in that colour scheme.

Went back and saw more photos of both the initial and mitzah scarf and am regretting it now though. The initial is so unique and the twilly cutting of the scarf is so versatile. Am actually considering getting my initial scarf now.. But given that I wasn't really impressed by the design when I first saw it, should I pass?

Also, does anyone own both the mitzah and a larger (50cmx50cm? Not sure what the dimensions are) and can comment on the utility and function of both? Is there a lot of overlap?

If the scarf is still available, I suggest going back to the boutique with your favourite bag and outfit, and tie the scarf around the handles of your bag (or use it to make a bow at the base of your handles) to see if you like the look. If it surprisingly adds a different yet complimentary colour to your outfit, then get it.

Sometimes a touch of blue to an outfit dominated by another colour can really add an element of surprise (in a pleasant way) to your look.

Reactions: YBcozYnot
Here's my mitzah scarf to brighten up my diorama today! Love the colour for my initial!
348e80ddb434980ba263d8bd82566022.jpg

if i buy something and im a maybe i will wear maybe i wont, i know from experience i always end up getting rid of the item.
i think you shouldnt get the initial scarf if you are unsure because i think you wont wear it. if your regular colours are red pink then it would either clash or not match as well as it could have.

i think the 50cm can also be handle wrapped...im not totally sure but it sounds like the correct one. i think thats the one they used to use for handle wrapping before mitzah came out. you do need more to make it tight though so it doesnt make the handle too chunky.

If the scarf is still available, I suggest going back to the boutique with your favourite bag and outfit, and tie the scarf around the handles of your bag (or use it to make a bow at the base of your handles) to see if you like the look. If it surprisingly adds a different yet complimentary colour to your outfit, then get it.

Sometimes a touch of blue to an outfit dominated by another colour can really add an element of surprise (in a pleasant way) to your look.

if i buy something and im a maybe i will wear maybe i wont, i know from experience i always end up getting rid of the item.
i think you shouldnt get the initial scarf if you are unsure because i think you wont wear it. if your regular colours are red pink then it would either clash or not match as well as it could have.

i think the 50cm can also be handle wrapped...im not totally sure but it sounds like the correct one. i think thats the one they used to use for handle wrapping before mitzah came out. you do need more to make it tight though so it doesnt make the handle too chunky.

I am indeed going to have a look at the scarf again next week, but wanted to get some inputs here as well! I did actually purchase a larger scarf when I passed up on my initial scarf though -- don't think I can get it exchanged as the price is different as well, so it's also whether I need two scarves considering I've never owned one before..HMM. I am on vacation in Europe where the prices are much lower hence the temptation!

The other option I was considering was getting the initial of my last name as I much prefer that design, though it won't be as special as having the initial of my first name (why am I not lucky enough to have a red/pink one as my initial!) -- and @raspberrypink might've just enabled me because my last name begins with "L" :lol:

I am indeed going to have a look at the scarf again next week, but wanted to get some inputs here as well! I did actually purchase a larger scarf when I passed up on my initial scarf though -- don't think I can get it exchanged as the price is different as well, so it's also whether I need two scarves considering I've never owned one before..HMM. I am on vacation in Europe where the prices are much lower hence the temptation!

The other option I was considering was getting the initial of my last name as I much prefer that design, though it won't be as special as having the initial of my first name (why am I not lucky enough to have a red/pink one as my initial!) -- and @raspberrypink might've just enabled me because my last name begins with "L" [emoji38]
Aw.... thanks Rikkuex. I do love the colour for my initial... but above all I'm loving the scarf cos having my initial on it does make it special. I don't know about the stock availability of where you are right now.... but the boutiques where I am are running low on stock and they had to transfer the "last piece" from another outlet for me. I hv a few pieces of twilly from different brands and this is my favourite cos of the initial. Twilly to me is a nice way of personalising my bag and more "age-appropriate" compared to pom pom etc.
I would have put a Hello Kitty doll if my husband isn't so strongly against....

Just spotting this beautiful picture on Google search. Can't tell how much I love the way the bow is made.
Pls advise if it's against the forum rule when I post it here. Sorry also if this belongs to some TPFer and you don't want to have it posted 'on absence'. Need to look for a tutorial clip now.
View attachment 3559390
This is such a beautiful way of tying the twilly! Nice!