CWIXuIj.png

Cartier Panthere de Cartier niloticus crocodile green:
0eckrKW.png

Balenciaga Hourglass embossed:
Balenciaga%2520bag3.png

Balenciaga hourglass black:
15920706_30165865_1000.jpg

Gucci Dionysus python:
gucci-dionysus-%E8%9F%92%E8%9B%87%E7%9A%AE%E9%85%92%E7%A5%9E%E5%8C%85-172-700-1664785472.jpg

Bulgari emerald magnifica serpenti forever:
jewellery-handbags-voguebus-bulgari-may-22-story-inline-1.jpg

Last edited:
It absolutely depends on the bag, I don't have a favourite.

For the rain, ostrich or eel, something that the quill marks or lines (eel) are going to be in-keeping with the general shape of the bag and not compete with too much hardware.

All exotics are supposed to be for day but lizard can look refined. For smaller formal bag that would be more for evening or parties, like a mini Lady Dior, lizard

Stingray is very heavy, same with Caiman croc, so no flaps.

For structured or semi structured bags, python. My Gucci, hand-painted, malachite python 1973 with G-detail is one of my favourite bag, but it's not everyday wear. Totes must be lined in leather or suede to support the skin.

Depends on the croc and the scale. For a formal day bag of approx 30cm, appropriate scale polished (not glazed) porosus/de nilo croc.

For larger bags alligator, as the scale proportions can also go bigger.

Karung is a durable and pretty skin too, as pretty as python and other snake, but more durable.

Not exotic, but rare these days, boar or pigskin are underrated as interesting leathers. You'll only need one structured day bag, coz it will last a lifetime.

This is my karung bag from Bvlgari, I have a matching mini wallet as well. The camera doesn't pick up the gold sparkles in the skin.
If not for the quality issues, I would really love this bag because it is beautiful.

I also have a black Python wallet from RL Collection which is exquisite but delicate ; as well as a burgundy snakeskin bag from MK Collection that is sturdy and lightweight and a pleasure to wear.

Attachments

• 2958_Original.jpeg
    2958_Original.jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1595.jpeg
    IMG_1595.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 18
This is my karung bag from Bvlgari, I have a matching mini wallet as well. The camera doesn't pick up the gold sparkles in the skin.
If not for the quality issues, I would really love this bag because it is beautiful.

I also have a black Python wallet from RL Collection which is exquisite but delicate ; as well as a burgundy snakeskin bag from MK Collection that is sturdy and lightweight and a pleasure to wear.
I like the Bulgari

Reactions: A bottle of Red