Will Balenciaga Moto Bags go back in "style" again?

100% AGREE .. but, you and I have been "collectors" for many years!!! Another reason why I love them so much is the WEIGHT!!! When you have severe arthritis like I do, the weight of a bag (w/out any items in it) .. is a big plus! I loved the Celine bags (the styles) .. but OMG, heavy as hell .. and it only took 1 day for me to say "no way .. can't do this"! While I have pared down the "stuff" I need to carry significantly (since I had to carry a lot of work-related 'stuff' too), the fact that the majority of the Bal bags & leather are lightweight is a huge plus to me!
Another severe arthritis sufferer! I made plans today to get my left shoulder replaced today.

The greatest feature of the Bals is how lightweight they are, not to mention all the great colors. While I loved the look of the Celine luggage tote is was like carrying a suitcase.

Another severe arthritis sufferer! I made plans today to get my left shoulder replaced today.

The greatest feature of the Bals is how lightweight they are, not to mention all the great colors. While I loved the look of the Celine luggage tote is was like carrying a suitcase.
I feel your pain .. quite literally!!! Honestly, I'm scared to death to have the other hip replaced and now that my right leg is improving (although still epic pain with the fractured femur), now the knees have been acting up (in addition to the already known hips) .. and my shoulders are not great either (I know I have over-rotation - hence the reason why I was such a great butterfly swimmer in my youth). ARTHRITIS SUCKS big-time; I'm hoping to see a Rheumatologist soon!!

HA - Celine Luggage .. I was stupid to buy one, but I just LOVED that style .. but literally, carried it for one day and said to myself "NFW can I carry this on a daily basis, it's way too heavy even without all my sh!t"!!! Nowadays, I'm carrying the smallest bags I can get away with and they are all pretty much cross-body .. gotta save those joints as much as I can!

I feel your pain .. quite literally!!! Honestly, I'm scared to death to have the other hip replaced and now that my right leg is improving (although still epic pain with the fractured femur), now the knees have been acting up (in addition to the already known hips) .. and my shoulders are not great either (I know I have over-rotation - hence the reason why I was such a great butterfly swimmer in my youth). ARTHRITIS SUCKS big-time; I'm hoping to see a Rheumatologist soon!!

HA - Celine Luggage .. I was stupid to buy one, but I just LOVED that style .. but literally, carried it for one day and said to myself "NFW can I carry this on a daily basis, it's way too heavy even without all my sh!t"!!! Nowadays, I'm carrying the smallest bags I can get away with and they are all pretty much cross-body .. gotta save those joints as much as I can!
I had my knee replaced 10 yrs ago, no problem. I also had something done called a trapezoidectomy on both my thumbs, that was easy too. They basically cut the arthritic end of your thumb off, take a piece of tendon and it gives you thumb movement. Easy peasy. Dr said I needed both wrists replaced, but they are not done well yet, so I am opting for resurfacing. That was supposed to be done last summer but Covid got in the way. I still think I can get my left hand resurfacing in before the June deadline. If the left works out I will do the right. Just too much pain this past year. I have seen a rheumatologist, but she really didn't do anything more for me than my other Drs. Do you take Celebrex? I couldn't move without it. But I know a lot of people cannot.

I had my knee replaced 10 yrs ago, no problem. I also had something done called a trapezoidectomy on both my thumbs, that was easy too. They basically cut the arthritic end of your thumb off, take a piece of tendon and it gives you thumb movement. Easy peasy. Dr said I needed both wrists replaced, but they are not done well yet, so I am opting for resurfacing. That was supposed to be done last summer but Covid got in the way. I still think I can get my left hand resurfacing in before the June deadline. If the left works out I will do the right. Just too much pain this past year. I have seen a rheumatologist, but she really didn't do anything more for me than my other Drs. Do you take Celebrex? I couldn't move without it. But I know a lot of people cannot.
No, I take Diclofenac (similar to Celebrex) .. but with my spinal stenosis and scoliosis (30%), I also have to go to the Pain Management clinic as they want to do the corticosteroid injection and also put me on a daily dosage(s) of pain meds (likely for the rest of my life). I know exactly what you are saying though .. without those meds, I literally can't move .. (forget about standing for more than 1 minute)! What a LITERAL pain-in-the-a$$!!!

Hi Everyone,
I came a bit late to this treat party because I was doubting to buy a pre-loved one but I still love this bag so much. Every time I see one on a site I am thinking should I? Or should I invest in a classic like the speedy b 25 (I also have been drooling about.)
Both different bags of course but the B moto bag is such my style. It is edgy and rocky and I love it!
This is one bag I would buy because I love the look so much instead of thinking about buying a bag with in the back of my mind if it is a good investment/classic. I hope you all understand my as english is not my first language :smile:

Hi Everyone,
I came a bit late to this treat party because I was doubting to buy a pre-loved one but I still love this bag so much. Every time I see one on a site I am thinking should I? Or should I invest in a classic like the speedy b 25 (I also have been drooling about.)
Both different bags of course but the B moto bag is such my style. It is edgy and rocky and I love it!
This is one bag I would buy because I love the look so much instead of thinking about buying a bag with in the back of my mind if it is a good investment/classic. I hope you all understand my as english is not my first language :smile:
Well the City is a classic! Good investment, not so much. IMO there are very few brands that can be considered as investment pieces. If you love it go for it. You can get pre-loved bags for fairly decent prices these days.

hi! Yes that is what I meant, I will try to get my hands on one because I love the style so much, still after all these years (back in the day when I was teenager I had a knock off and wore it till it broke:smile: ) What would you think is a decent price when they say the condition is good with normal signs of wear?

hi! Yes that is what I meant, I will try to get my hands on one because I love the style so much, still after all these years (back in the day when I was teenager I had a knock off and wore it till it broke:smile: ) What would you think is a decent price when they say the condition is good with normal signs of wear?
Depends on the bag really, what style, what year. I'd suggest checking several pre-loved sites to see what the prices are like.

Well the City is a classic! Good investment, not so much. IMO there are very few brands that can be considered as investment pieces. If you love it go for it. You can get pre-loved bags for fairly decent prices these days.
Could not agree with you more on this @muchstuff !!! While Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton typically bring in the higher $$$, oftentimes (upwards to the 90 percentile) .. you will NOT recoup what you paid (especially if bought at full retail)! When I see these articles stating that buying a Hermes Birkin is an investment, I just shake my head because I know too many people who bought into that nonsense and when they either wanted to, or had to sell their Birkin .. the amount quoted/given to them was a heck of a lot lower than what they expected!!! I have three Birkins .. one I will never sell as it's my favorite color - Red w/ Gold HW. However, I have been thinking about selling the 2 others (Gold JPG w/ Gold HW, Royal Blue w/ Gold HW) .. but I know that I will get a lot less than what I paid .. and I did not buy at full retail!!

I'm an OG on the fourm but came very late to the B party. Just got really *into* B bags last year.....& bought 3. LOL! I did own 2 others prior but sold them as they just weren't quite right at the time.

I especially love them now because of all the logo mania (and I do sometimes love a good logo bag).

But right now and where I currently reside, everyone and their grandma, cousin, aunt and uncle is carrying mono LV. Currently not in a very fashion forward city and lots of the ppl buy and carry mono LV's not because they like the design but simply for status. People I've talked to have said as much.....Each to his/her own.

The great thing other than I just like classic City's and Firsts, is that no one, unless they *know*, knows what bag I'm carrying. I've actually run into ppl here that love the bag and ask what brand, I tell them and they've never heard of it. Understated luxe is underrated. :smile:

I'm an OG on the fourm but came very late to the B party. Just got really *into* B bags last year.....& bought 3. LOL! I did own 2 others prior but sold them as they just weren't quite right at the time.

I especially love them now because of all the logo mania (and I do sometimes love a good logo bag).

But right now and where I currently reside, everyone and their grandma, cousin, aunt and uncle is carrying mono LV. Currently not in a very fashion forward city and lots of the ppl buy and carry mono LV's not because they like the design but simply for status. People I've talked to have said as much.....Each to his/her own.

The great thing other than I just like classic City's and Firsts, is that no one, unless they *know*, knows what bag I'm carrying. I've actually run into ppl here that love the bag and ask what brand, I tell them and they've never heard of it. Understated luxe is underrated. :smile:
Yes! :yes: Well, yes to your whole post, really :smile:

You couldntve said it any better!! I love that none of my Bals have a logo. They capture enough attention as they are. :biggrin: Understated luxury all the way!!!

I am wondering if anyone thinks Bals will raise in value again - I have a closet full that I am not using and the sale prices are dismal.
Most likely not..esp if the bag is truly discontinued. The Neo is not the same feel of the original. Typically if a bag is discontinued demand goes down and so will the price. This is because consumers typically go on the designer's website, see the bag they want, and then try and find it used or pre-loved driving up the price for 2nd hand items. If the bag is not listed there it's easily forgotten about by the mainstream so the only ones driving demand will be collectors.

Note: There are some exceptions to the above and are usually collabs or very limited edition items. Murukami LV for example.

That being said I think Balenciaga made a huge mistake. Fashion cycles and the late 90s/early 2000s are back. I remember in 2003 when I was in 8th grade my friend and I bought dupe designer bags at the mall that were all the rage at the time. I still have it to this day at my parents house and it was actually a dupe of the Bal city bag, though I had no idea what it was called back in the day! I truly believe the original city bag could have easily seen a comeback if it was more readily available today based on current fashion trends.

BTW just want to mention, I'm a lot older and wiser now. I do not buy replicas or any of that as they can have an extremely dark side to them. But think the above is a nice story regardless. Hope I don't offend anyone :smile:

Last edited:
I wish Balenciaga would keep the classic city bags in their repertoire. Preferable in chèvre.

Personally (and I mean no offense to those who love the Neo:flowers:) I prefer the bag to be slouchy.

I have only 1 Bal bag (City ME with black metalware) which I adore and will keep always:heart:
View attachment 5062620
Your bag's gorgeous. :love: I suspect the Neo will slouch in time, just like the City. At least in the larger sizes, some of the small ones won't carry enough weight to slouch IMO.

Reactions: 880 and weezer