Why Louis Vuitton chose this ranch south of Fort Worth for a factory

It's not a demand. That is your opinion. You were offended by the statement, I get it. I am not understanding why some are so upset when someone disagree with them. TPF is supposed to be a happy spot to discuss a common interest "Handbags". So lets just accept that we have different ways of looking at this situation and concentrate on our next handbag purchase ( any brand).
There was a deleted post by that particular member who was calling people dumb for (I’m paraphrasing here) buying into LV’s BS, among other profanities in the post. Of course, that post was removed. I don’t see anyone getting upset here but when one person decides to resort to name calling and unnecessary profanities, I have an issue with that.

928bbea70ca0cd688239ab548a647c48

My take away: am I the only person who doesn’t look at where their bag is made? I couldn’t tell you where any of my bags or slg’s are from except my mon mono. As long as the quality is there, I’ll shop.
Agree. I do look at where my bags are made but it's really just out of curiosity. I could care less. I'd be happy to have a bag made in Texas as much as anywhere if the quality is there.

Reactions: 1LV
Agree. I do look at where my bags are made but it's really just out of curiosity. I could care less. I'd be happy to have a bag made in Texas as much as anywhere if the quality is there.

I look at where my bag is made. My bags are made in California and my SLGs are from spain or france. Why does LV put the "made in" diff for US?

Reactions: MooMooVT
Politely chiming in here.
I don't really think much about where my bag/shoes are made in, as long as I feel what I'm getting out of them (be it quality, design, even if just for the sake of a name brand, or whatever else) justify the check I write in my mind and my own mind only.
"Made in Italy" doesn't always mean what we think it means anyway. Have we forgotten that LV brands their shoes "Made in Italy" but really they are made in Transylvania? That's been common practice in Italy for about a decade now for many designer house thanks to the Reguzzoni-Versace law. LV can do that because although the shoes were almost entirely made outside of Italy, their soles were attached on Italian soil, so they could bear the "Made in Italy" stamp. Prada has a good % of their stuff made in China, but at the end of the day, it's Prada and Prada's not going anywhere, and I'm going to be honest, I buy Prada because it's Prada, not because their design is amazingly out of this world that no one else could have made the same bags.
For those who do not wish to buy LVs from the Texas plant, they're only making a handful of styles there anyway, Neverfull, Artsy, Lena, Graceful, Palm Springs, and NeoNoe - these bags are mostly done with machines, whether it's in the US or in Italy.
Cheers!

Reactions: missmagpi
So it looks like the $13 is only if you work the night shift. Day shift is $11.50.

Apparently Subway in Keene is hiring Sandwich artists for basically the same rate of pay.
Sandwich artist or Leather artisan?? :shrugs:
Subway listing:
https://www.snagajob.com/search/w-keene,+tx
As a leather artisan, you can always move up and improve your skill to master craftsperson which can open many doors. Everyone that is complaining has no clue what it takes to specialize in this skill. It's not just using a sewing machine but that alone is a great skill to know. Also, many of the employees started two years ago learning the trade. I find it very commendable and think it is great that LV chose an area outside the DFW metroplex where jobs with benefits and OTJ training is rather scarce. You can't compare Keene to DFW. City vs country. To work for a global luxury brand in "almost BFE" is quite awesome. I'm not an LV person but I'm thinking about buying something that has the Louis Vuitton Texas stamp to show support for them being in my state.

As a leather artisan, you can always move up and improve your skill to master craftsperson which can open many doors. Everyone that is complaining has no clue what it takes to specialize in this skill. It's not just using a sewing machine but that alone is a great skill to know. Also, many of the employees started two years ago learning the trade. I find it very commendable and think it is great that LV chose an area outside the DFW metroplex where jobs with benefits and OTJ training is rather scarce. You can't compare Keene to DFW. City vs country. To work for a global luxury brand in "almost BFE" is quite awesome. I'm not an LV person but I'm thinking about buying something that has the Louis Vuitton Texas stamp to show support for them being in my state.
I’m thankful my Texas co workers were brought up to be equal with so many protections and pay that I’m afforded by the State of California. I just don’t agree that people out in the country in Texas should be happy with what they get in order for LV to make more profit. The difference between a worker barely getting by and maybe being able to save for the future is less than the cost of a Speedy 25. Why not invest in your employees?

I’m thankful my Texas co workers were brought up to be equal with so many protections and pay that I’m afforded by the State of California. I just don’t agree that people out in the country in Texas should be happy with what they get in order for LV to make more profit. The difference between a worker barely getting by and maybe being able to save for the future is less than the cost of a Speedy 25. Why not invest in your employees?
Point well made. However, the cost of living in the country isn't as much as it is in a city is probably how they look at it. I would think during training, that would be a pay rate. Once they pass training levels, then yes, their rate of pay should be more. Then again, we don't know the in-house pay scale for gaining experience either from supervised apprentice, to junior/senior apprentice then whatever is between that and master artisan.

Reactions: MooMooVT