Where to sell?

Thanks everyone! To clarify, I am doing a direct buy. I am worried that they will lower the payout amount after receiving the item because they somehow feel that it is worth less after they see it. (That has happened to me before with other places and other items, and I didn't really have much recourse. The Terms and Conditions allow them to do so, and having the item returned to me would incur a fee, not to mention additional hassle.) I am not doing a consignment. I am not worried about them putting the item on sale. Would be helpful if you can speak to whether FP or Rebag or both is notorious for doing what I described! I don't think this behavior would vary brand to brand and don't want to start a new thread. So far, from research, it seems they are about equal all things considered, so I should just go with whoever is offering more. @Antonia @jennalovesbags @cbarrus

As I said previously, I have never had them change the quote when they received the bag, although I guess it could happen. As a side note, I did have a quote from fashionphile and waited too long to respond. They told me to resubmit it and when I did, I got a higher quote, lol. Good luck with your sale!

• Haha
Reactions: giligy
As I said previously, I have never had them change the quote when they received the bag, although I guess it could happen. As a side note, I did have a quote from fashionphile and waited too long to respond. They told me to resubmit it and when I did, I got a higher quote, lol. Good luck with your sale!

Haha yes it happened to me too, not because the quote expired (I keep my eyes on deadlines like a hawk) but because this is my second round of quotes for the same item, and the item seems to have appreciated in value! I got quotes from about a dozen places (for direct buy and for consignment) around a year ago and went with AFF at the time. AFF wasn't able to sell my item after an entire year, so I got it back and got a second round of quotes from a dozen or so places, some same and some different. In all cases where I got a quote from the same place both last year and this year, the amount went up.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbarrus
I have had good luck selling bags in that price range on Mercari. Their fee is 10% when it sells and a 2.9% transaction fee. What I like about Mercari is they give a buyer only 4 days after the item is received to accept it for you to get paid. No returns after the 4th day. If a buyer does not rate you, Mercari will and release your funds. So far, I have never had an item returned.

Thank you!! :smile:

Reactions: cbarrus