Where dp you keep your “in use” bag at home

on a dining room chair. we eat at the kitchen island and don't have kids - just cats who don't generally bother with the bags except maybe once in awhile playing with tassels. if guests or strangers are coming into house, bag goes in the bedroom - on vanity stool.

Reactions: Joule
This is embarrassing. I found a picture from when it was at its worst a few months ago. There's even a reusable grocery bag full of reusable bags on the floor there. I never let five accumulate, if for no other reason than it leaves my husband very little room for his backpack and whatever else he comes in holding. It's also terribly unsightly, but who's coming to visit these days anyway?

That cardboard behind the bags says "HI!" because I had just used it for a socially distant drive-by visit with my niece and nephew.

IMG_7970.JPG

On the buffet in the dining room. The dining room is right off the front entry so it is easy to drop stuff there. No one walks through the dining room generally and there are doors to the entry that I keep closed generally.

If I think I'm not going out again for the day, I take my things out of the bag, put them in their "designated" space in two large Samorgas I keep in a drawer in my hallway/entrance, just for this purpose. And put the bag in its space in a drawer.

I can't be the only one doing this?! Marie Kondo doesn't count but she's of course my inspiration :smile:
I love this idea!

I put my current bag on the floor next to my bed side. That way I won't forget to put my phone in it when leaving home (my phone's usually on my night table).
I used to put it on the bed for years, until we moved in with my now husband. He made me notice that bags are put on the floor, take public transport etc... which actually makes them invisibly very dirty.

I have a large kitchen with many double cabinets, one of which houses a few "in rotation" bags belongjng to the current (weather) season; I'll place my current bag on one of the kitchen countertops or the dining room table each day and switch out with the bags in the kitchen cabinet. The rest are kept elsewhere in the house, awaiting their turn lol.

On a normal day, it goes on my dining chair (stool) at the kitchen island. Its a very small, open concept kitchen-livingroom combo. But if I'm having company, it goes in the shelf of the coat closet (until they leave lol).

Reactions: sdkitty
I usually rotate between 3 everyday bags. The current bag is hanging on a hook in the kitchen and the other 2 are on handbag hooks on a valet pole in my closet so I can have easy access if I need to change bags for my outfit/the weather.

If I think I'm not going out again for the day, I take my things out of the bag, put them in their "designated" space in two large Samorgas I keep in a drawer in my hallway/entrance, just for this purpose. And put the bag in its space in a drawer.

I can't be the only one doing this?! Marie Kondo doesn't count but she's of course my inspiration :smile:
Same here. I take my items out and put them into divided containers on a shelf in my closet. Then I put the bag back into its designated space on a shelf in the handbag section of my closet.

My work bag and bag I use when I go on walks (both non designer) are both on my nightstand for easy access.

When using one of my other bags (both designer and non designer), I keep it on the bed or next to me on the couch during the day and then put it back in the closet when it’s time for bed.