whats your "repair" experience been like?

Since a swingpack is a relatively inexpensive item, some people would consider a 40% off coupon to be great deal in exchange for not fixing it. Especially since it probably wouldn't cost much at a cobbler to repair. 40% off of a $500 bag is $200, probably more than the swingpack cost. It's a great opportunity to get something really special.

Since a swingpack is a relatively inexpensive item, some people would consider a 40% off coupon to be great deal in exchange for not fixing it. Especially since it probably wouldn't cost much at a cobbler to repair. 40% off of a $500 bag is $200, probably more than the swingpack cost. It's a great opportunity to get something really special.

Inexpensive is a relative term though, and i guess to spend 500$ on a purse by them with a warranty back up that may only result in a 40% coupon doesn't sit well with me.

As i said just sharing my experience and was curious on others... basically just good info to know if your buying the brand, something up till now i didn't have knowledge of, i knew of the 1yo warranty as it had been plugged at me at purchase time quite often, but had no idea how it played out if you needed it.;)

I had a bag where a loop that attached the shoulder strap wasnt sewn I sent it right back and instead of sending a new one they sewed it with a different color thread. I just dealt with that one since it is hidden. And I also sent a back pack back that the snap came off. They sent that one back unrepairable with a 40% coupon. Both were still under warranty. You would think that if it was under warranty they would exchange it if they still had them in stock and couldn't fix it. but I guess warranty is different for each case.

As i said in a following post, this is all new to me :smile: . I question their ability to repair overall & considering the bags are made overseas it would be to costly to do most repairs anyways.

They feel a coupon is the direction they want to take to remedy the issue. I am not quite in on this concept, and have much preferred dealings i have had with warranties with other brands, but clearly Coach has limited ability to do much other than have people repair on their own and send coupons to re buy items @ a discount.

They feel a coupon is the direction they want to take to remedy the issue. I am not quite in on this concept, and have much preferred dealings i have had with warranties with other brands, but clearly Coach has limited ability to do much other than have people repair on their own and send coupons to re buy items @ a discount.

I think the coupon would be more of a "WOW! Nice!" item if it were supplied along *with* the repair or refund of a warrantied item as a "sorry for your troubles" gesture.

As it stands, they're asking you to purchase again from a company that didn't stand behind its warranty in the first place. :thinking: That's really not the best impression they can make.

I don't know what other brands you ladies buy, but let me tell you this is not the norm. I've had to pay to have things fixed at other premier designers let alone them giving me a coupon for a new item. I think yes sometimes we may find it ridiculous that they couldn't fix something so small, but the fact that they still accommodate us somehow is very nice, and you won't find that in any other brand that I know of. And yes sometime theres a defect or we get a dud, but I'm sure theres a few of you out there that have used and abused your bags and complain that they can't fix it.

I think the coupon would be more of a "WOW! Nice!" item if it were supplied along *with* the repair or refund of a warrantied item as a "sorry for your troubles" gesture.

As it stands, they're asking you to purchase again from a company that didn't stand behind its warranty in the first place. :thinking: That's really not the best impression they can make.

Yes, i completely get what your saying.

I don't know what other brands you ladies buy, but let me tell you this is not the norm. I've had to pay to have things fixed at other premier designers let alone them giving me a coupon for a new item. I think yes sometimes we may find it ridiculous that they couldn't fix something so small, but the fact that they still accommodate us somehow is very nice, and you won't find that in any other brand that I know of. And yes sometime theres a defect or we get a dud, but I'm sure theres a few of you out there that have used and abused your bags and complain that they can't fix it.

Accommodate us? if a company says they have a warranty, they have one.. if they don't you buy a product fully understanding that. I don't expect all things to be perfect, things do go wrong but generally speaking if you purchase from a company that stands behind their product a resolution should be had.

As for myself, i have had warranty dealings with other companies and they have either fixed and/or exchanged my product because they had a warranty/guarantee etc

I don't know what premier brands you've dealt with, but if they say they have a warranty they should stand behind the product, to me that is not being accommodated that is a company fulfilling what is states.

Isn't part of the point of buying a higher end good to get good backup vs cheap junk you just toss? if the line is blurred then i see no point in buying a higher end good, i don't buy just so i can i have a _____ brand of something.

If the direction of higher end goods is leaning towards making us feel like they are doing us a favor when they actually STAND BEHIND their products, i really question the point then.

Reactions: uhpharm01