What will be your next MK purchase??

And then for my next purchase, I got a Jet Set Top Zip tote in Raspberry. I'm a bit scared about buying a bag that isn't black. I'm usually very safe with colour choices but my sister assures me I'll be fine. Looking at the Nordstrom site, it looks like the Raspberry has silver h/w - can anyone confirm this for me? http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael..._sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-4_16_C

Confirmed today that it has gold hardware as it arrived at my sisters house. Now only two more weeks to wait until I meet my bag. This'll be the longest two weeks of my life ever... eugh. Sitting here in with the rain on the windows in New Zealand and dreaming of sunny Los Angeles :smile:

Jet Set Saffiano Zip Top Tote - I looked at them in the MK boutique yesterday and couldn't decide between the red and aqua (not sure if those are the exact colour names MK uses) but I've decided now on the aqua. I think these are new colours, they weren't on the website when I looked a couple of weeks ago.Hopefully I'll have time to buy it later this week so I can take it on vacation.

Nice! What kind of leather does it have? Is it about the size of a large selma?

The leather is not smooth, its almost distressed looking - cracked leather is a good description. It is really, really nice IRL. I saw it in the front window of the store from wayyyy across the mall and made a beeline, just because of the color. Its actually a different color than on the website. there it looks almost greenish. Its like a greenish dark turquoise IRL.

Ooo love it! I saw this on neimanmarcus.com. It says it's a crackled leather - doesn't look like that in your pic.

Yes, it does have some cracked texture to it. Let me see if I can find a better pic -

Nice! What kind of leather does it have? Is it about the size of a large selma?
I'm sorry I'm new here and don't know all the names. (I'm cheating on Coach - shhhhh!) Its smaller and slimmer than other MK bags I've seen. I have the Hudson and its def smaller than that

It looks large here but thats because my model is my 12 year old daughter (in case the blue toenails, aeropostale sweatshirt and forever 21 bag didn't already tip you off)

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum. My next purchase will also be my first MK purchase - my first quality bag purchase period! I was looking at Coach, but I've decided I really like the MK more.

I'm leaning towards a Sophie - I want something big enough to carry my ipad or a couple of books in addition to all the normal stuff, but I don't want something that's the size of small suitcase! Suggestions welcome!

Hi!

I'm about to buy my very first MK bag.. But I can't deside between a black large Selma or a black large Sutton.. What do you think! I love that you can close the Selma at the top and nto have to worrey about pocket thiefs.. But I like de look of the Sutton more and that it has the MK "dangle ring".. Safety or Pretty? :smile:

Hi!

I'm about to buy my very first MK bag.. But I can't deside between a black large Selma or a black large Sutton.. What do you think! I love that you can close the Selma at the top and nto have to worrey about pocket thiefs.. But I like de look of the Sutton more and that it has the MK "dangle ring".. Safety or Pretty? :smile:
Go for pretty! I have three suttons! I keep my wallet and valued items in the double zips and my cosmetics pouch, notepad, cellphone, and pens in the center open area! Works just fine!