What kind of woman.....

I found this thread to be so entertaining and right on! I am exclusively a shoulder bag wearer. I wear my bags slung toward the back and both arms are free. I am carefree even when I wear an occasional suit although I prefer t shirt and cardigan with skirt and good ole jeans! Lately, I am viewing and purchasing a more tailored style hobo rather than my usual hobo bags where I throw everything in, Other than that, while Iove the look of a finely coiffed woman wearing a handheld on the crook of the arm, I've come to the conclusion it is not for me.

I notice that clutches and hand held bags are more popular in USA - I don't recall seeing anyone carrying clutches in UK unless they were on their way to some evening dressy function. Security awareness is also a factor - not so easy to grab a crossbody off someone, particularly travelling by public transport, which is much more common in europe, I think.

I don't do handheld bags anymore, the last time I used one I was in early twenties. Perhaps eager to grow up and appear more lady. Now I prefer crossbodies but I don't wear them crossbody, I wear them like they are shoulder satchels. That appears more casual. I also prefer smooshy leather over structured bags because the latter makes me feel stiff and formal. Lastly I have been prefering black and grey and yellow colours, that seem to give off a youngish and edgy feel.