What jewelery pieces are the 1920's known for?

What gorgeous additions to this thread.

Poppers986, those type of bracelets come up frequently. I bet you can track down another auction with similar designs soon!

I hadn't really seen any that I liked until I saw that set, oh here's a opt of the tutti frutti necklace, came across it again, this time I saved it, here u go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260644816693&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That's a stunning necklace. Gripoix did a very similar one early on for Chanel, after a Cartier design. They surface at auction periodically and go high.

If you search using carved vintage celluloid, you will turn up a selection. There are a few on Ebay and web stores now.

The 1920's encompassed the end of Art Noveau, the beginning and middle of Art Deco, Oriental and Egyptian revival pieces, as well as "flapper" styles, such as 100"+ strands of pearls - many strands of pearls. Platinum was the de rigeur of the period, and people were most interested in geometric and figural shapes. Emerald cut diamonds were especially popular. Large colorful gemstones were also in fashion. Wristwatches became practical, large cabochon emeralds and stones displaying asterism gained in popularity, and new techniques of enameling came about - guilloche etc.

Nothing was too gaudy for this period of incredible economic growth. And wow...that strass jewelry was AMAZING.