What age is best to start the Hermes Journey?

What age is best to start the Hermes Journey?

• 18-25

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • 25-30

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • 30-35

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • 35-40

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • 40-50

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
There have been so many good replies, so I'll just put it this way: what's the best age to have your first kiss? To get your first career-track job? To transition from your parents' cell phone plan to your own? To get a credit card? The answer varies based on so many factors. The "best" age, as others have said, is the age where you want it and can afford it. Whether that's 20 or 80, or something in the middle, is going to depend on the person.

There have been so many good replies, so I'll just put it this way: what's the best age to have your first kiss? To get your first career-track job? To transition from your parents' cell phone plan to your own? To get a credit card? The answer varies based on so many factors. The "best" age, as others have said, is the age where you want it and can afford it. Whether that's 20 or 80, or something in the middle, is going to depend on the person.
I'm still waiting for my kid's response about the cell phone plan. To answer the original question about Hermes, I would think when someone develops a taste for the brand and has money available to pay for it.

Interesting question, and insightful responses so far! To me, it’s a matter of loving craftsmanship and quality, and seeing it as a long love story. I first entered an Hermès store at 30, I was going to get married and wanted a silk carré (that I still have!). That day I met my SA. I knew later on that she was surprised by the fact that I was only interested in silk. I didn’t even mention the bags. Every now and then, I visited the boutique, just for the pleasure of the eyes.
8 years later I bought my first H bag - a Bolide 31. And for my 40th birthday, my first Birkin.
In these 11 years, my admiration and appreciation for the brand have grown slowly and deeply. I somehow feel that Hermès has that particular ability to welcome you in the family, with no need for you to spend tons of money, but show your appreciation and true love for the history, craftsmanship and dedication of the people who work there. So for me, it’s not a matter of how young or old one should be to start the journey, but most importantly, to be patient, not have a bag as a goal, and just enjoy the tiny pleasures of every piece, from silk to RTW to jewelry, home decor or bags, whether it is possessing them or just contemplating them in the boutique.

When I was 16 I had saved up a whopping 5000$ and really wanted a designer bag for whatever reason. I remember originally going into Hermes and wanting a Herbag, I eventually bought a Gucci bag that was pretty trendy for 2015/16. Honestly I really liked that bag at the time, but rn I'm kicking myself for not getting the Herbag. Always suggest to my friends wanting to buy designer to get something timeless, Hermes tends to pass the test of time ( Quality & Style).

Reactions: Veritybelle
My grandma was over 80 when she got her first Hermès bag after picking up a scarf around the age of 78, so 1) never too old 2) there is as much adult life beyond 50+ as there is before it :smile:
No words for how much I love this post :love:!
To echo the posts of others, Age has nothing to do with it.
My personal take is that I wanted to own a Hermes bag in my 20's & early 30's but didn't feel financially secure enough to do so (self employed freelance/buying first and 2nd properties as a single woman) so I brought leather cuffs, SLG, scarves, fragrance, Rouge H lipstick, a diary.
I got my 1st Vintage Kelly when I was in my late 30's.
I started purchasing my other bags when I felt 100% financially stable enough to do so.
Also even though I now have my DH I choose to buy all my bags myself..for me they are a marker of my achievements and hard work.
I'm happy I waited because I feel I appreciate my bags so much more and look for the designs I love rather than just K/B/C

I’ll echo @Veritybelle here…I purchased my first Hermès bag, a Vibrato Herbag, in Paris when I was in my early 30s. I loved it but it seemed so ‘grown up’ and far too mature for me. It wasn’t until I felt comfortable in myself and confident in my own style that I felt I could pull together an outfit that included an Hermès bag without looking ‘mature’…god forbid ;)