Wedding band decisions - HELP please!

Hey there! Glad I saw this. Yes, I ended up going with the 3mm. My engagement ring is ever so slightly bigger now (still in the 1.3-1.4ct range - long story!) and I think the band goes well with it. The 2.2mm would also have been gorgeous! You really can’t go wrong.

I really struggled with this decision, but ended up going with the 3mm for the following reasons:

1. I wanted to be able to wear my wedding ring by itself. The 3mm just has more presence!

2. The price difference between the two rings is small considering the ct weight of the diamonds is basically double. Might sound silly, but I felt good knowing I was getting my money’s worth.

All the best in making your choice. Please come back and let us know what you end up deciding. :smile: Would love to see some pics too!
Good choice and decision. My wedding band was initially 3.5mm Embrace band, to match my 2.11 CT Tiffany Soleste E-ring, but I changed the 3.5mm to 3.7mm Embrace diamond. Seriously, the more bling/diamond, the better. I wish Tiffany Embrace diamond brand has more bigger/thicker style, diamond would be bigger than 3.7mm width.

Hey there! Glad I saw this. Yes, I ended up going with the 3mm. My engagement ring is ever so slightly bigger now (still in the 1.3-1.4ct range - long story!) and I think the band goes well with it. The 2.2mm would also have been gorgeous! You really can’t go wrong.

I really struggled with this decision, but ended up going with the 3mm for the following reasons:

1. I wanted to be able to wear my wedding ring by itself. The 3mm just has more presence!

2. The price difference between the two rings is small considering the ct weight of the diamonds is basically double. Might sound silly, but I felt good knowing I was getting my money’s worth.

All the best in making your choice. Please come back and let us know what you end up deciding. :smile: Would love to see some pics too!
Hey! So cool of you to respond. Thanks :smile: I completely understand what you mean about double the diamonds for the price! I ended up going with the 2.2mm because I got it gently pre-owned but in “like-new” condition for $1950 when it retails for $3,900. The .57 ct 3mm ring is going for around $3,500 pre-owned and I just couldn’t swing more than 2k. I want to also buy my fiancé’s wedding band for him and will be getting him a Tiffany’s platinum band. If I could, I probably would’ve considered the 3mm because I agree, it looks better as a stand alone wedding band. You can always upgrade down the road :smile:. I hope you’re long story about your ring upgrade worked out for you LOL. 1.4ct is a nice size! It’s so close to 1.5 but without the mark-up of hitting the 1.5 weight.

Hmmm now my obsessions are kicking in and I found a 3mm for 1k more. Now I need help deciding. What’s a girl to do? Bees - what do you think? Here’s a pic of my ring for referencing.

Attachments

• 4563076B-BD5F-4440-BC9A-B777E4805381.jpeg
    4563076B-BD5F-4440-BC9A-B777E4805381.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 289
Hmmm now my obsessions are kicking in and I found a 3mm for 1k more. Now I need help deciding. What’s a girl to do? Bees - what do you think? Here’s a pic of my ring for referencing.

I believe the Tiffany Setting is available in two widths- the older original band, which is thicker, and the newer style, which is thinner. Is your e-ring the older style? The platinum band looks quite a bit thicker than my rose gold one. I wonder if it might look better with the 3mm. Hmm.....

So hard to say. Do you have an opportunity to try both rings on?

I believe the Tiffany Setting is available in two widths- the older original band, which is thicker, and the newer style, which is thinner. Is your e-ring the older style? The platinum band looks quite a bit thicker than my rose gold one. I wonder if it might look better with the 3mm. Hmm.....

So hard to say. Do you have an opportunity to try both rings on?
Oops - somehow I missed your post this morning and just reading it! I believe it is the 2.5mm platinum knife edge. I’m going to go into the store tomorrow. I went in last week and the SA only showed me the 2.2mm...I assume because she thought that the 3mm wouldn’t be a good option. I didn’t think to ask at that time because I wasn’t considering going bigger until I started obsessing LOL I can’t help it...its what I do! I would say that if the 3mm works with your 1.4 ct, it shouldn’t be too diff than the 1.3ct.