Watch advice - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra vs Cartier Ballon Bleu?

Just looking at the watches, they are both nice. I like a watch to have lots of features, like time, min AND secs plust date. I'm thinking I pay a lot of money, you think they could put a second hand and a date? But those features are not needed by all and can make the watch sporty-Cartier's watches smaller watches do not have second hands or dates, only their bigger-much bigger and men's watch-almost sexist when I think about it-ladies watch does not need seconds? I mean, how much would it cost to put a second hand to a small tank francaise for example. The BB for me lacks the date! But I love the style.
I like omega and rolex for the above reasons... I always find the stuff that's missing in Cartier they try to make up with the style, but it's not for me. Though I would love a brand new two tone roadster... small size, even with no date!

Just looking at the watches, they are both nice. I like a watch to have lots of features, like time, min AND secs plust date. I'm thinking I pay a lot of money, you think they could put a second hand and a date? But those features are not needed by all and can make the watch sporty-Cartier's watches smaller watches do not have second hands or dates, only their bigger-much bigger and men's watch-almost sexist when I think about it-ladies watch does not need seconds? I mean, how much would it cost to put a second hand to a small tank francaise for example. The BB for me lacks the date! But I love the style.
I like omega and rolex for the above reasons... I always find the stuff that's missing in Cartier they try to make up with the style, but it's not for me. Though I would love a brand new two tone roadster... small size, even with no date!

The reason is that most watches for women have quartz movements, so they can hide the fact that its a quartz by removing the second hand since there is no longer a tell tale quartz tick.

I have lots of high-end designer watches: 3 rolex, 2 J12, 2 cartier, a Raymond Weil, Concord, etc.
My cartiers are a pink faced roadster and an automatic ss ballon bleu.
I love the cartier bb so much. But, yes, they really get scratched. Tough choice and I'm not familiar with omega. Better not look, or I might want one of those too! But from your photos posted - I think cartier bb is so much prettier.....JMO.

I have lots of high-end designer watches: 3 rolex, 2 J12, 2 cartier, a Raymond Weil, Concord, etc.
My cartiers are a pink faced roadster and an automatic ss ballon bleu.
I love the cartier bb so much. But, yes, they really get scratched. Tough choice and I'm not familiar with omega. Better not look, or I might want one of those too! But from your photos posted - I think cartier bb is so much prettier.....JMO.

I recommend not looking at the AT - I was all set to get the BB and someone posted about their AT... I went to take a look... and here I am :roflmfao:

The reason is that most watches for women have quartz movements, so they can hide the fact that its a quartz by removing the second hand since there is no longer a tell tale quartz tick.

I didn't know that, how interesting!

I don't mind not having the date because I like having a very simple, clean face. The men's watches do look stunning with their various complications, but I don't think they could fit most of them on a small ladies watch!

Ferdi, consider the AT with diamond markers, you'll never regret it. It makes the watch 'alive' and gives it a nice subtle 'bling'. Dark teak grey was also my choice, its a good contrast with the diamonds. White dial with diamonds doesn't stand out. I haven't tried the BB but like the weight of the AT, solid feeling.

Ferdi, consider the AT with diamond markers, you'll never regret it. It makes the watch 'alive' and gives it a nice subtle 'bling'. Dark teak grey was also my choice, its a good contrast with the diamonds. White dial with diamonds doesn't stand out. I haven't tried the BB but like the weight of the AT, solid feeling.

Do you know if there is an automatic version of that style? I had a look at your AT and it does look gorgeous with diamonds.

I'm leaning towards getting the BB now and picking up my dream Rolex in a couple of years. Which sniderms conveniently revealed here :lol: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/love-rolex-reveal-796391.html

Do you know if there is an automatic version of that style? I had a look at your AT and it does look gorgeous with diamonds.

I'm leaning towards getting the BB now and picking up my dream Rolex in a couple of years. Which sniderms conveniently revealed here :lol: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/love-rolex-reveal-796391.html
Yes, I know there's an auto version but after wearing quartz and automatic, I still love the simplicity of quartz. Don't need to wind it, although I use the watch winder for Rolex, it'll still be off by a few minutes over time. If you have the intention to buy the Rolex Datejust, do it now...prices keep going up. My watch combination went up by 30% in 4 years. Ridiculous!

Yes, I know there's an auto version but after wearing quartz and automatic, I still love the simplicity of quartz. Don't need to wind it, although I use the watch winder for Rolex, it'll still be off by a few minutes over time. If you have the intention to buy the Rolex Datejust, do it now...prices keep going up. My watch combination went up by 30% in 4 years. Ridiculous!

I tried the diamond marker quartz model today and it's very nice. But I think at this price point I am looking to get an automatic watch. I cannot believe the price difference between the quartz ($3200) and automatic ($6300) versions of the AT though.

I tried on the AT and BB, and I think I am leaning towards the BB.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,526
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,832
WOW! I wish you'd taken a photo of that one too. I'm obsessing about Omega's at the moment. I just can't decide on the perfect but affordable one. I'm now beginning to wonder about the Planet Ocean in black but think I may be too old to get away with it.