Want a luxury bag but I can't find one I like.

Why spend $$$ on a bag you don’t love just to have a “luxury” bag? Just stick with contemporary and put the money aside for something special you love down the road.
I'm thinking I may have to stick with contemporary for my everyday bags and grab a couple small crossbody used luxury brand bags for going out. I think I'm asking for a luxury bag to be my workhorse and I guess they aren't really made for that except maybe the bottomless pit Neverfull.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I'm thinking I may have to stick with contemporary for my everyday bags and grab a couple small crossbody used luxury brand bags for going out. I think I'm asking for a luxury bag to be my workhorse and I guess they aren't really made for that except maybe the bottomless pit Neverfull.

Depends on the bag itself. Most brands, luxe or contemporary usually have a pretty well-rounded gamut of bags.

Reactions: acrowcounted
I’m a fan of Mulberry and there are plenty satchel styles at the moment in the Small or Zipped Bayswater, Amberley, Seaton or Harlow. These come in various styles. I’ve had a full sized black Seaton for a year and a half and it doesn’t have a mark on it so it lasts really well.58AEE77B-7B65-4681-9300-CADF19A7A05E.jpeg
Contemporary can be good too and I have both Coach and Kate Spade which certainly have good workhorse and smaller crossbody bags well worth looking into.

I'm really liking the Celine bags thought. The belt bag looks really nice also. I wonder if the regular luggage and the belt bag can be worn crossbody or just the nano's.

The currently largest one (there was a even larger one called small that's discontinued that did not have a shoulder strap) is for shoulder carry only, the two smaller ones have much longer straps than the Mini, the nano has the longest, from what I remember. It's quite spacious even though it's the smallest one so it might work for you! Otherwise the the mid-size should probably work as a cross body too, from what I remember from trying them on. They both fit a generous amount of stuff.

Few more, since this is actually the type of bag I use most often, so I try to find different styles myself.
Top handle, leather, able to convert to shoulder or cross body:upload_2019-5-21_16-38-5.pngBottega Veneta
upload_2019-5-21_16-41-35.pngDiorever
upload_2019-5-21_16-43-25.png
Fendi 2jours, but the top is open on this one.
upload_2019-5-21_16-45-7.png
Proenza
upload_2019-5-21_16-49-26.png
New Celine

If you're looking for an investment piece, I'd go with Chanel or Hermes, since those two hold up their prices the most. Otherwise, go with whatever you like. If you like the Antigona, go with it. Unless you buy one of the two mentioned above in a classic style (or other "flagship" bags. Like LV and Speedy, Chanel and Flap, Hermes Kelly/Birkin, Dior and Lady Dior, etc) I think most bags will probably go out of style at some point or another. Good luck!

Reactions: Katinahat
The type of bag I love is the small to medium size, two top handle, satchel that is also has a crossbody strap. I prefer to have it zip closed at the top. I find bags I like in contemporary lines like TB, MK, and Coach but when I get into a higher price range I fall short of finding something I like. The closest thing I can find is a LV SpeedyB 25 in Noir Monogram Empreinte Leather, and even that I'm not too fond of the roundness of them. The Givenchy Antigona comes to mind also, but seems more like an 'it' bag. Maybe I should just stick to contemporary if that's what I like? Is there something out there I'm missing?
And oh, I forgot to mention the obvious, Lady Dior!
The Lady Dior is classic-- I'll second that ;)

Reactions: Thenewestgirl
I'm really liking the Celine bags thought. The belt bag looks really nice also. I wonder if the regular luggage and the belt bag can be worn crossbody or just the nano's.

So, Celine’s luggage and belt lines genenrally come in 3 sizes - from smallest to largest: nano, micro, mini.

With the luggage - only the nano size comes with a shoulder strap, you could get a strap separately (from Fendi etc.) and clip that on to the micro and that would probably work too - of course, depending on height/proportions etc.

With the belt - all 3 come with straps but only the nano and the micro can be carried cross-body.

Even that NF bag is meh for a lot of people - no zipper/security, no interior organization. I have been buying luxury for maybe 8-10 years and all the bags are so well made that I've never ended up making any of them a workhorse, even though I intended to. They all of a sudden become too special. There is no reason to own a luxury bag just for the sake of doing so, especially if you like contemporary and see styles you prefer in those brands - maybe get some amazing luxury wallets and cases to fill your bag with instead.