Veau Volupto - new leather?

jswching

Mar 1, 2021
I love smooth leather bags and have a few of them in my collection - in veau volupto, swift, box, and veau jonathan. Each has different hand/feel with veau volupto feeling very satiny to touch. No issue with water, my L26 (in veau volupto) has been in the rain a few times - just a quick wipe and she's as good as new!
I want to experience Veau Johnathan : ) I heard stiffer than swift.

Reactions: htrix

meowlett

Pup Worshipper
Dec 16, 2017
I got my Volupto Rouge Duchesse Mini Bolide in 2019. Initially, I used the bag daily for almost six months. And then my lifestyle changed due to the pandemic. I only use it a few times a year now.

The bag had gotten wet a few times. I even had a huge hand cream incident on this bag and it left a huge mark.

It has since developed a patina and the huge mark has blended in. You can still see a dark line on the bottom left of the second picture. And there are many tiny marks that I left. I think that adds to the character.

The leather is so soft. I will buy another bag in this leather in a heartbeat.

20220804_110619.jpg 20220804_110627.jpg

htrix

Mar 30, 2021
Do you think VOLUPTO leather is rare?
The bag had gotten wet a few times. I even had a huge hand cream incident on this bag and it left a huge mark.

It has since developed a patina and the huge mark has blended in. You can still see a dark line on the bottom left of the second picture. And there are many tiny marks that I left. I think that adds to the character.

View attachment 5582560 View attachment 5582561

Last edited:

meowlett

Pup Worshipper
Dec 16, 2017
Do you think VOLUPTO leather is rare?
I don't see that many bags in this leather. But the rarity is not a factor for me. It is just so soft and nice to touch.

As for the scratches, I have scratched this bag more than any of my Swift bags (which I have quite a few) combined. So I tend to think that it is easier to scratch than Swift. The new scratches look like the scratches on Swift. However, they do blend in over time. But I can see them if I look closely. That said, this leather is not for those people who need a pristine looking bag.

Reactions: htrix

JadeFor3st

Friendship
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
I love smooth leather bags and have a few of them in my collection - in veau volupto, swift, box, and veau jonathan. Each has different hand/feel with veau volupto feeling very satiny to touch. No issue with water, my L26 (in veau volupto) has been in the rain a few times - just a quick wipe and she's as good as new!

Thank you for this info.
Now that I know water won’t make it blister like box, I feel much better. :smile:

JadeFor3st

Friendship
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
I got my Volupto Rouge Duchesse Mini Bolide in 2019. Initially, I used the bag daily for almost six months. And then my lifestyle changed due to the pandemic. I only use it a few times a year now.

View attachment 5582560 View attachment 5582561

She is so beautiful. And thank you for the detail information.
With all the reassurance, I would like to get another one of this bag too.