Variations in Tiffany’s packaging?

i find there is no pattern to it. I have bought a silver item and its been in a velvet box. ive bought 18ct rose gold earrings and it came in a pouch, same with a different rose gold ring.

The pattern, for the most part, has to deal with the price point of the item and material. In the US most gold items under $1500 will ship in a pouch and not a velvet box. Higher price items in silver and gold come in velvet boxes (if a box size is available). In the stores most sales associates understand that people want the velvet boxes when buying gold. So, they try to accommodate.

A little late but I purchased a gold piece and it came in a black velvet box, inside the classic blue box. It was packaged with a gold ribbon instead of white though, which I've never seen before. It might just be a seasonal thing, but I'm curious if anybody has any information on it.

A little late but I purchased a gold piece and it came in a black velvet box, inside the classic blue box. It was packaged with a gold ribbon instead of white though, which I've never seen before. It might just be a seasonal thing, but I'm curious if anybody has any information on it.
Gold is this year’s seasonal ribbon color.

In previous years they have done red and I think green?

I got two seperate items (earrings and a pendant) in-store at the same time. Each of them cost roughly around $900. Even though both were yellow gold and had diamonds on it, they were put in blue pouches, not in velvet boxes. This was November 2020.

I think when I got an yellow gold ring with diamonds (about $1500 with tax) in 2016, it was in a black velvet box.