Toiletry pouches - Discontinued!!

I just returned a 19 to the Dallas Nieman Marcus boutique today. There is a stand alone boutique in North Park Mall (Dallas) and a Neiman's LV boutique, which is also in North Park Mall. Make sure you call the one in Neiman's if you want to purchase it. But, be aware, the zipper is wavy. That's why I returned it. It bugged me, but I know not everyone feels like I do.

64728493153__8BA73448-31E2-4799-8691-BE33B1A0DAF3.jpeg

In Aus - called client services and she confirmed that toiletry was getting phased out, there's 3 stores in Sydney and 1 store MAY have 1-2 left. She said she'd ask the store to give me a call but I haven't heard from them at all.

She did put me on a waitlist for the TP19 but specifically said it's not guaranteed I'd get it since it's getting phased out, I'd be really lucky if I did.

As people said before, I've seen a few articles stated that it's because the TP 26 was being modified into handbags a lot which is why they released the Coussin, but obviously the price for that is.... ridiculous haha. So apparently this is a marketing scheme to get people to not transform SLGs into pouches/handbags.

Gotta admit tho, I use my mini pochette as a crossbody bag all the time when I'm just doing groceries or picking up parcels with a leather shoulder strap and I love it.

Reactions: Loriad
My CA with Client Services informed me so I could order one before they are discontinued. :smile: Also the Mini Pochette Accessories in Damier Azur is stop production as well.
Damn.. Im assuming it may be because their sales is so low for the key pouch - all you see on youtube reviews and instagram is people with monogram or damier ebene. I have one in DA that I was considering selling but maybe i'll just keep it now haha.

I overheard/saw the following scene at my local LV store (Europe) yesterday: a woman was buying the pochette accessoires and the SA was congratulating her to this rare find; she said: „we hardly get these anymore, it‘s like winning the lottery to find one in the store and in the future it will be even harder. You could go to the resell market right now and get 1000€ for it.“ I was shocked to hear her openly admitting all that, LV obsiously know whats happening on the resell market ;).

Reactions: Loriad
In Aus - called client services and she confirmed that toiletry was getting phased out, there's 3 stores in Sydney and 1 store MAY have 1-2 left. She said she'd ask the store to give me a call but I haven't heard from them at all.

She did put me on a waitlist for the TP19 but specifically said it's not guaranteed I'd get it since it's getting phased out, I'd be really lucky if I did.

As people said before, I've seen a few articles stated that it's because the TP 26 was being modified into handbags a lot which is why they released the Coussin, but obviously the price for that is.... ridiculous haha. So apparently this is a marketing scheme to get people to not transform SLGs into pouches/handbags.

Gotta admit tho, I use my mini pochette as a crossbody bag all the time when I'm just doing groceries or picking up parcels with a leather shoulder strap and I love it.
If only I could fit my phone in the mini pochette! That's the one con to that SLG for me.

Reactions: bigverne28
I feel like Craig David … “Can You Fill Me In”????

Why the uproar regarding TP discontinuance? I mean no disrespect, but I’m not seeing the big deal here — perhaps I’m missing something?
Partly FOMO, partly it was a cheap clutch alternative and partly (and most importantly) that is was a core piece that Vuitton made for more than 50 years now, and it's gone. Even though it will come back, it won't be this exact same, now legendary simple design.

I feel like Craig David … “Can You Fill Me In”????

Why the uproar regarding TP discontinuance? I mean no disrespect, but I’m not seeing the big deal here — perhaps I’m missing something?
A few issues, it is one of the more affordable SLGs that people start their luxury collection with (like key pouch and mini pochette) but definitely more functional especially for travelling and for totes. People can also use it as a clutch if they wanted to convert it (i personally dont).
Also the fact that its quite obvious they released the Coussin to try to get people to buy that except it's like 4-5x the price of a TP. and also they are discontinuing it just to release something similar but probably double the price in 2022.

Tbh I'm already salty that they increased the price 2x since the pandemic - I get the demands etc but such a **** move haha

Partly FOMO, partly it was a cheap clutch alternative and partly (and most importantly) that is was a core piece that Vuitton made for more than 50 years now, and it's gone. Even though it will come back, it won't be this exact same, now legendary simple design.
Thank you for the explanation(s). This makes more sense.

A few issues, it is one of the more affordable SLGs that people start their luxury collection with (like key pouch and mini pochette) but definitely more functional especially for travelling and for totes. People can also use it as a clutch if they wanted to convert it (i personally dont).
Also the fact that its quite obvious they released the Coussin to try to get people to buy that except it's like 4-5x the price of a TP. and also they are discontinuing it just to release something similar but probably double the price in 2022.

Tbh I'm already salty that they increased the price 2x since the pandemic - I get the demands etc but such a **** move haha

Thank you for the explanation — I can understand your perspective on the Coussin release, especially since folks were going viral with converting the TP into a bag which it was not designed for — to each their own though, no judgement here, although I can see where LV would want to capitalize on this trend.