Tiffanys Jewelry Addiction/Discussion Thread!

Does Tiffany’s rose gold and yellow gold look the same ?
Similar. In the past, I also found there wasn't the best quality control. Not sure why the rose gold came in different shades but it did. I once had to return a rose gold chain because it didn't match my others and it looked weird when I layered.

The only thing I own in yellow gold from Tiffs is a ring. Here's a comparison pic (very old pic). There's definitely a difference, albeit, not huge.

RGvsYW.jpg

Reactions: uhpharm01
Tiffany silver does tarnish, but cleaning it is very easy so for that reason I would buy silver pieces again from Tiffany!

I would say be careful what the SA says though. I got my silver key cleaned in the Prague store recently and it came back as dirty as I left it. It turns out the SA put it in the ultrasound machine (that only cleans gold and platinum!!!) When I asked if she was sure that was all she can do, another SA nearby interrupted in an angry tone (probably sounded rude because English isn't her first language?) saying that she could send it in for deep cleaning but that it would take a week.

I have read about people who clean their T pieces with Windex and get them as good as new (because of the ammonia that Windex contains I suppose). If you aren't a fan, I suggest using smooth toothpaste and your fingers (no cloth to avoid scratching your silver). That is how I cleaned my tarnished key when I got home from Prague, and it came back brand new! Now it is a white as the new SS bow necklace I bought.

I just learned the trick below and used it on my RTf padlock charm and it worked:

Line a plate or tray, depends on how much you have to clean, I used a paper plate with about a half inch betwen its bottom and its lip, with aluminum foil. Place your silver jewelry directly on the foil. Cover jewelry in baking soda, using at least four teaspoons full. Boil water and then pour it over the jewlery. Leave it sit fo several minutes. The more tarnished it is, the longer it will have to sit. I waited until I could touch the metal without getting burned. Then rinse the piece clean with warm water. I buffed off some faint lingering tarnish with my finger and the towel I dried it with while still damp.

My charm looks like new and supposedly this method doesn’t steal a layer of silver like chemical products do.

Reactions: canyongirl
I just learned the trick below and used it on my RTf padlock charm and it worked:

Line a plate or tray, depends on how much you have to clean, I used a paper plate with about a half inch betwen its bottom and its lip, with aluminum foil. Place your silver jewelry directly on the foil. Cover jewelry in baking soda, using at least four teaspoons full. Boil water and then pour it over the jewlery. Leave it sit fo several minutes. The more tarnished it is, the longer it will have to sit. I waited until I could touch the metal without getting burned. Then rinse the piece clean with warm water. I buffed off some faint lingering tarnish with my finger and the towel I dried it with while still damp.

My charm looks like new and supposedly this method doesn’t steal a layer of silver like chemical products do.

Yes, I have tried cleaning my tarnished silver pieces with this method (and would add some table salt to speed up the reaction). It works wonders!! :smile:

I tried this method few weeks ago and it turned slightly yellowish. Don't understand why