Tiffany KEYS collection thread

Ladies, I have a question about the chain necklace to go with Tiffany's Key
I rotate my jewelry a lot, that's why I'm so done with sterling silver as they require too much work to keep them clean. So if I have to pick a white gold/gold chain outside, where should I go to? Plus I feel like Tiffany's chain is too delicate.

Here's the photos of how I had my keys on today.

Tiffany006.jpg

Tiffany004-1.jpg

Tiffany015.jpg
This is gorgeous and I should have done that years ago. I bustier and 5 inches taller. I going to try to get the 36 inch chain. I already found this key preloved. Well, a worn twice exboyfriend gave it to her scenario. I'm excited. It's coming with ball chain 20 inch chain.

I rotate my jewelry a lot, that's why I'm so done with sterling silver as they require too much work to keep them clean. So if I have to pick a white gold/gold chain outside, where should I go to? Plus I feel like Tiffany's chain is too delicate.

Tiffany's sells 18k gold chains so if you want something more durable, I suggest finding another gold chain at 14k (or at least lower than 18k if the chain is very delicate/thin) since there's more alloys that will make the chain stronger. The higher the gold percentage the easier it is to break. I was initially scared of my tiffany tsmile gold chain breaking because it was so thin but I've never had any problems and I switch it out quite a lot and have worn it to sleep.

I know I'm super late to the party, but I've been wanting a key since like 2010, and I finally made it happen with a pre-loved vintage key on a 30" chain and I couldn't be happier with how it looks. I wasn't 100% sure but it arrived today and I love it.

I originally wanted the large oval key, but after I saw them side-by-side, I realized the size of this one is just perfect for me. I think it looks great on this dainty 30" chain, which also looks great with the chain of my diamond pendant.

I know it's quite basic, and not all that flashy.... but I think it's a great layering piece for every-day and will look beautiful during the current sweater weather.

Thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 4884154
I just now saw this. I love it. I too am late to the party in getting one. I got the 2.5 inch fluer key in silver. I don't like white gold and can't justify the platinum one (all my rings are platinum). It has a 20 inch ball chain, and I'm waiting for Tiffany to get 36 inch oval chain back in. I'm 5'8". Like you I was looking for an every day piece not super flashy. But I love yours a lot. I know I'm going to love mine when it arrives.

Etsy! You can find lots of chains there in a variety of sizes, lengths, and karats.

New to me 2.5 inch Fleur de lis key. I'm over the moon in love. I have a 36 inch oval chain on backorder. Bought it for myself as a birthday gift. My birthday was 2 days after Valentine's day. This is a nice every day piece.
Looks great on you! Love your Disney necklace as well. If Tiffany ever did a Disney line (besides the Cruise line collection) I would be in trouble :lol: .

Reactions: noellesmommy
Looks great on you! Love your Disney necklace as well. If Tiffany ever did a Disney line (besides the Cruise line collection) I would be in trouble :lol: .
Thank you. My husband bought it at the jewelry store for me for my birthday last year right before the pandemic. It's so fun and has great lines.
I'm in love with this key. And I cannot believe I found one so flawless. Just wow. Yay.

New to me 2.5 inch Fleur de lis key. I'm over the moon in love. I have a 36 inch oval chain on backorder. Bought it for myself as a birthday gift. My birthday was 2 days after Valentine's day. This is a nice every day piece.

THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! HOORAYYYYYY! I am still so in love with my key... I just wish the pandemic would end so I'd have more opportunity to wear it out :biggrin:

THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! HOORAYYYYYY! I am still so in love with my key... I just wish the pandemic would end so I'd have more opportunity to wear it out :biggrin:
Thank you so much. I'm wearing mine today and most days. I just was told my oval link chain should ship tomorrow (was on backorder). I chose 36 inch because I'm 5'8" and busty. And if I want to wear it shorter I can loop it around my neck or wear this ball chain. I just brightened my key on foil with baking soda and boiling water for 30 mins Did a bracelet too so it would match a newer bracelet. Hello and grey oxidation bye bye. Lol

Ladies, those who have and love Fleur De Lis key (in platinum) - why do you love it? I am seriously contemplating on buying one but am indecisive. They look beautiful on all of you but I feel like I would not be able to pull it off... but the design is so pretty.

Ladies, those who have and love Fleur De Lis key (in platinum) - why do you love it? I am seriously contemplating on buying one but am indecisive. They look beautiful on all of you but I feel like I would not be able to pull it off... but the design is so pretty.

Which one? Mine is the 1.5" platinum version. I think they have one smaller and one larger as well as just a different version these days.

I actually just wore it yesterday but it's not a piece I reach for frequently. I'm not a fan of how it layers so generally wear it on it's own.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's beautiful and was thrilled when I first got it (it was a gift from DH). Over the years though, I'm into much simpler pieces like the DBTY that I wear much more frequently.

If this is going to be something you'll wear regularly, then get it. But if you're unsure, I'd take the 5k that it costs (if you're talking about the version I own) and get a DBTY.

FDL.jpg

Thank you for your response! That is exactly the one to which I was referring! I feel about the same as you do. I was thrilled when I first saw it in the store and thought I had to have it. But its size makes it hard (for me) to have it as an everyday piece. The mini one does not quite have same design and is not as appealing to me. I was between this one and Fleur De Lis necklace (the simple $1,800 one) and I might go with that one instead.

Which one? Mine is the 1.5" platinum version. I think they have one smaller and one larger as well as just a different version these days.

I actually just wore it yesterday but it's not a piece I reach for frequently. I'm not a fan of how it layers so generally wear it on it's own.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's beautiful and was thrilled when I first got it (it was a gift from DH). Over the years though, I'm into much simpler pieces like the DBTY that I wear much more frequently.

If this is going to be something you'll wear regularly, then get it. But if you're unsure, I'd take the 5k that it costs (if you're talking about the version I own) and get a DBTY.

View attachment 5065548
Thank you for your response! That is exactly the one to which I was referring! I feel about the same as you do. I was thrilled when I first saw it in the store and thought I had to have it. But its size makes it hard (for me) to have it as an everyday piece. The mini one does not quite have same design and is not as appealing to me. I was between this one and Fleur De Lis necklace (the simple $1,800 one) and I might go with that one instead.

You're welcome!
I agree about the mini one - it looks more like a "pretzel" to me than a fleur de lis.

Reactions: daisygrl