Tiffany diamond heart necklace: platinum or gold?

Sorry to bring this up again. But I plan to make my purchase in December in time for my birthday.

Seriously, none of you would entertain the idea of diamonds with rose gold? I have a diamond platinum cross already.

I own Tiffany diamond pendants in platinum, RG, YG and silver. The platinum is my favourite on diamonds. For this one, the platinum version makes the metal blend in so nicely with the diamonds.

I have a gold Rolex, a gold diamond bezel Cartier watch and several other awesome gold toned jewelry. So I'm really, really torn on this one. I thought Tiffany rose gold would go nicely with my existing jewelry collection.

What do you think about mixing metals? I'm kind of finicky and know that I probably shouldn't.

There are no rules when it comes to mixing metals. I wear 3 DBTY bracelets. Two are platinum and one is RG. Platinum jewelry goes with everything.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 654
Good for you!. You're on a roll. I do love the DBTY bracelets. I had a 5 diamond YG piece once, I gave it away to my cousin who just loved it so much and couldn't stop gushing about it. Now think of it, I did really enjoy my YG piece.

What new bracelet are you getting this time?

Once you get your DBTY bracelet. Do show us again. I do love this bracelet. I might buy it again. In fact, if I do I'll get more than one. They are so dainty and so elegant. I actually love the one with emerald. :smile::biggrin::smile:

Wow. They are nice together. Congrats. Do they overlap one another and get tangled? Or they stay separate? I love how the bezel on the RG pieces are thicker. It frames the diamonds nicely and securely.

Thanks. They don't tangle at all but they do overlap each other at times but they still look pretty. The key is to size them all at the same length and I had mine sized half an inch bigger than my wrist size so they don't get caught on things. I am done at 4. I think DBTY bracelets and necklaces look best when you wear multiples of them. I didn't like my bracelet when I got the first one. Like them when I had two of them, love them at three and I don't know yet about four as I just started wearing them but they sure look pretty.

Sorry to bring this up again. But I plan to make my purchase in December in time for my birthday.

Seriously, none of you would entertain the idea of diamonds with rose gold? I have a diamond platinum cross already.
I'm going to go against the grain here. I think the heart in rose gold is just beautiful. Something about the pink metal with a heart motif just makes my heart sing, and I feel like it will make your heart sing as well! Try something different!

I think all three metal choices are beautiful, hence my dilemma.

1. Platinum is classic. I think of Tiffany diamonds and I think of the platinum setting.
2. Gold is beautiful, it offers variety to what I already have which is the platinum cross diamond necklace. I'm aching for a different metal.
2. Rose gold is divine. Tried it at my local store. The metal just melted into my skin, couldn't even see the necklace at all, ONLY the diamonds.

Only when I think I've made up my mind, I go back to square one.

Oh, on skintone. Diamonds work on EVERY skintone, but metal-wise I think I'm more warm than cool.

I think all three metal choices are beautiful, hence my dilemma.

1. Platinum is classic. I think of Tiffany diamonds and I think of the platinum setting.
2. Gold is beautiful, it offers variety to what I already have which is the platinum cross diamond necklace. I'm aching for a different metal.
2. Rose gold is divine. Tried it at my local store. The metal just melted into my skin, couldn't even see the necklace at all, ONLY the diamonds.

Only when I think I've made up my mind, I go back to square one.

Oh, on skintone. Diamonds work on EVERY skintone, but metal-wise I think I'm more warm than cool.
Based off of this, I would go with rose gold. You referred to it as divine, and I think that it really speaks to you. My opinion is not going to convince you. Only you can decide.