tiffany- customizing chain length

I asked for my Peretti initial to be switched onto an 18 in, and she told me there would be a charge. If I go back ask someone else, they should do it for free?

Which initial do you have? Some (or all of them I can't remember) need to be cut and resoldered. It depends on the initial I guess, I know with letters like "Y" you can't take off the chain. Other letters like "A" may be removed easily I think.

It's an L so the chain isn't attached to the letter. It can be easily removed.

Yes they are supposed to do it, go to customer service or speak with a different person. I worked there for years and we used to switch out chains all of the time. Lots of times SA's at Tiffanys are not trained properly or are not familiar with all of their policies because there are so many of them.

What I have started doing with chains is buying an 18" length and asking that a jump ring be put in at 16". It has worked out really well and I like having the choice of the two lengths of chain. There are also adjustable chains available. I have one of these I use with a pendant and like it very much. I don't like being restricted to either 16" or 18".

What I have started doing with chains is buying an 18" length and asking that a jump ring be put in at 16". It has worked out really well and I like having the choice of the two lengths of chain. There are also adjustable chains available. I have one of these I use with a pendant and like it very much. I don't like being restricted to either 16" or 18".

That's a great idea!!! Although, 16" doesn't work for me, but that idea can be used with a 20" chain to make it temporarily into an 18" chain.

I've also bought silver extender chains to lengthen some of my chains. I found the silver extender chain (2 inches) on some jewelry website by just doing a search for silver extenders.

I'm referring to the silver pieces.

It is a scam. They don't always let you pick the chain length for most necklaces. You have to get a 16 in with a lot of pendants by default. So they should let you just swith it out with an 18 in.

I don't think it's a scam. Some of the jewelry designs are just made/designed a certain way - 16 inch chain vs. a longer chain.

I don't like 16 inch chains as they don't fit me properly - I feel like I'm choking in them, so I prefer 18 inch to 20 inch.

But.... it would be nice if Tiffany just offered a choice on the chain length and had the pendant available in at least two sizes for chain length. They usually have two different sizes for a bracelet, so why not do that for the pendants?