Thoughts on the new sustainable brand "The Curated"?

Update:

(This is not from the brand The Curated)

I bought this taupe/grayish unlined wool coat from ebay seller maelover66 for $40, and have to say that it looks pretty darn good IRL.

I purchased an “Asian size” XL which gives me a nice oversized medium (6-8) fit.

Considering I only plan on wearing it on vacation every year when going to Europe or maybe the east coast, it’s a good value.

It looks much more expensive IRL

125D256A-8F9E-4353-AC7C-FE0D668B4633.jpeg

Hello everyone,

My aunt shared this link with me. My name is Nicola and I’m the founder of The Curated. I hope it’s okay to write here. I really love customer feedback. Helps us improve.

I’m not a big company trying to rip people off. So I hope that this post perhaps gives you a more personal touch.

I’m South Korean adopted Australian living in Norway and I lived in a shanghai for 5 years working in design development.

Yes you are right there are coats online that look the same and are very cheap.
I would never want to sell a coat to other women that was based on false promises. I’ve spent months researching and developing.

We use only fabric remaining from past seasons for sustainability. It’s organic cashmere and wool. We are going through processes to have the right certifications on these.

We don’t use lining simply because I’m a curvy bigger girl and I find that with lining I end up looking “thicker” and frumpy. It’s hard to go through winter and look stylish instead of a stuffed turkey. A lot of brands use coats because they have cheap fabrics and static.

We are currently implementing free returns and exchanges and also DDP (prepaid taxes) for our european friends so that they don’t get hit with nasty taxes.

Our coats cost $200USD in raw material and labour because they are 30% cashmere. Most you will find are 10% and I can tell you they cost $100USD or less at cost price.

Inner Mongolia is part of China demographically and where the Himalayan mountains produce the coldest wind hence the best cashmere. We want to reduce carbon emissions and environmental waste which is why we work with vertical mills and ship direct from Inner Mongolia.

We have honest pricing because most brands make hundreds on their “cashmere” coats. We want all women to have access to luxury coats :smile:

If you ever want help with sizing just email us I’ve become quite the expert at it. We love to help!

I hope this answers all your questions and feel free to email me [email protected] if you want to know more :smile:

Hope you like it, at least at that price you aren't out much if it's not what you thought! Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same coat, I've seen many of these made in China items being offered by different sellers for very different prices! In the cases I've seen it's very obvious it's the same item as they all use the same photos, I've heard these people order from the same factories and don't really carry the inventory but just drop ship the items.

We buy all our stock :smile: we aren’t a cheap aliexpress webstore!

Hello everyone,

My aunt shared this link with me. My name is Nicola and I’m the founder of The Curated. I hope it’s okay to write here. I really love customer feedback. Helps us improve.

I’m not a big company trying to rip people off. So I hope that this post perhaps gives you a more personal touch.

I’m South Korean adopted Australian living in Norway and I lived in a shanghai for 5 years working in design development.

Yes you are right there are coats online that look the same and are very cheap.
I would never want to sell a coat to other women that was based on false promises. I’ve spent months researching and developing.

We use only fabric remaining from past seasons for sustainability. It’s organic cashmere and wool. We are going through processes to have the right certifications on these.

We don’t use lining simply because I’m a curvy bigger girl and I find that with lining I end up looking “thicker” and frumpy. It’s hard to go through winter and look stylish instead of a stuffed turkey. A lot of brands use coats because they have cheap fabrics and static.

We are currently implementing free returns and exchanges and also DDP (prepaid taxes) for our european friends so that they don’t get hit with nasty taxes.

Our coats cost $200USD in raw material and labour because they are 30% cashmere. Most you will find are 10% and I can tell you they cost $100USD or less at cost price.

Inner Mongolia is part of China demographically and where the Himalayan mountains produce the coldest wind hence the best cashmere. We want to reduce carbon emissions and environmental waste which is why we work with vertical mills and ship direct from Inner Mongolia.

We have honest pricing because most brands make hundreds on their “cashmere” coats. We want all women to have access to luxury coats :smile:

If you ever want help with sizing just email us I’ve become quite the expert at it. We love to help!

I hope this answers all your questions and feel free to email me [email protected] if you want to know more :smile:

Hi Nicola, thanks for taking the time to input into this thread. I’ve been on the cusp of buying your classic camel coat for a few weeks now but the taxes were putting me off (not knowing what that would add to the cost etc) so am glad to hear that you are implementing prepaid taxes and free returns/exchanges as these were the issues holding me back from making a purchase. Is this already in place or yet to come and if so do you know when it will be implemented as I will definitely be making a purchase then! (I’m in the UK) [emoji4]

Reactions: bisousx
Hi Nicola, thanks for taking the time to input into this thread. I’ve been on the cusp of buying your classic camel coat for a few weeks now but the taxes were putting me off (not knowing what that would add to the cost etc) so am glad to hear that you are implementing prepaid taxes and free returns/exchanges as these were the issues holding me back from making a purchase. Is this already in place or yet to come and if so do you know when it will be implemented as I will definitely be making a purchase then! (I’m in the UK) [emoji4]
Send me an email as we would love to test it with you and then we can see how much the taxes are and the process :smile:

I have this coat in Bone color in classic cut. The one that I have is from the first collection with cropped sleeves. I like this coat a lot because it does not have any lining and it is double faced cashmere fabric. I had a Prada cashmere wool blend coat with mink trim and it did not have a lining as well. I dont care much about the lining if the lining is polyester. I eventually sold the Prada because it had such a narrow sleeves so I had problem in layering and the coat is a bit heavy.
The Curated coat has enough room for layering without looking bulky and too oversized. The shoulder seam is not structured so falls naturally on the shoulder. This coat looks good both open and belted. The coat does not come with belt loops but I am actually glad because my waist sits higher than average. The thickness of TC is similar with the Prada one however TC is much lighter therefore it does not give me some aches that I usually feel after half day wearing a heavy coat non stop.
The TC is warmer than the Prada and I can make it even more so with more layers (thin tight long sleeves shirt, cashmere sweater, thin Uniqlo down jacket on topof each other. They all fit though I bought size Small). Overall I am happy with my purchase and the quality.

So they also produce a bag now... Has anyone seen one IRL? The two reviews I found on youtube are pretty positive!
I ordered the bag in embossed croc roughly two months ago and I’ve been wearing it nonstop. The quality is amazing, it’s roomy enough for my essentials and fits comfortably crossbody. I receive compliments every time I wear it and I’m super happy I got it. I had been looking for a smart and structured shoulder bag for a while and this fits the bill. The price point is amazing too and it’s really been worth every penny.

Reactions: Acuratedwoman
I ordered the bag in embossed croc roughly two months ago and I’ve been wearing it nonstop. The quality is amazing, it’s roomy enough for my essentials and fits comfortably crossbody. I receive compliments every time I wear it and I’m super happy I got it. I had been looking for a smart and structured shoulder bag for a while and this fits the bill. The price point is amazing too and it’s really been worth every penny.

Did you get it in brushed gold hardware or the shiny version? Is it heavy for all day walking ? One of the YTber mention that it being shiny since it is embossed leather which tend to look plasticky. Is it true? Iam eyeing the nude color that I think would go well with my coat but Iam still on the fence.

Did you get it in brushed gold hardware or the shiny version? Is it heavy for all day walking ? One of the YTber mention that it being shiny since it is embossed leather which tend to look plasticky. Is it true? Iam eyeing the nude color that I think would go well with my coat but Iam still on the fence.

I have brushed gold hardware and I like the look. It has a slightly vintage feel to it so it doesn’t stand out too much. I haven’t seen the shiny hardware irl or too many pictures of the style though so it’s difficult for me to say.

The leather doesn’t look plasticky to me. Yes the finish is more shiny than matte but I think the leather would look odd if it wasn’t a bit shiny. It’s definitely not overly glossy or patent leather. Generally I think the leather is great looking and high quality. It felt a bit stiff at first but has started to give in. The long strap in particular was quite stiff to begin with but that’s probably where the softening of the leather was most noticeable. Not saying that the leather would get saggy with wear – the shape is beautifully structured so I don’t think that would be an issue in the long run. The beige/nude colour looks pretty in pictures but I was specifically looking for a black shoulder bag so I’m happy with mine.

In terms of weight, I don’t find it too heavy to carry for long periods. You can fit in your easential but this is not a huge bag so you can’t really make it to heavy to carry. I don’t own a scale so I don’t actually know how much it weighs but seems ‘normal’ for its size. What helps is the adjustable long strap, you can easily wear it on your shoulder or crossbody and adjust it to your height. Very handy for summer/winter wardrobe changes as you can just make it longer when wearing a thicker coat and vice versa.

Hope this answers your questions!

I have brushed gold hardware and I like the look. It has a slightly vintage feel to it so it doesn’t stand out too much. I haven’t seen the shiny hardware irl or too many pictures of the style though so it’s difficult for me to say.

The leather doesn’t look plasticky to me. Yes the finish is more shiny than matte but I think the leather would look odd if it wasn’t a bit shiny. It’s definitely not overly glossy or patent leather. Generally I think the leather is great looking and high quality. It felt a bit stiff at first but has started to give in. The long strap in particular was quite stiff to begin with but that’s probably where the softening of the leather was most noticeable. Not saying that the leather would get saggy with wear – the shape is beautifully structured so I don’t think that would be an issue in the long run. The beige/nude colour looks pretty in pictures but I was specifically looking for a black shoulder bag so I’m happy with mine.

In terms of weight, I don’t find it too heavy to carry for long periods. You can fit in your easential but this is not a huge bag so you can’t really make it to heavy to carry. I don’t own a scale so I don’t actually know how much it weighs but seems ‘normal’ for its size. What helps is the adjustable long strap, you can easily wear it on your shoulder or crossbody and adjust it to your height. Very handy for summer/winter wardrobe changes as you can just make it longer when wearing a thicker coat and vice versa.

Hope this answers your questions!
Hello,
Thank you for your thorough explanations ! I am glad to hear a good review from another person. I bet if your bag was stamped with a high end brand name, the price would be 10 times more. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon.