There’s a new girl in town - Meet The Clip

I'm really beginning to like this style. :yes:
What are your thoughts so far since you've been carrying her?
Well I was first concerned about getting in and out of the bag easily, what with the closure being a bit complicated. After wearing a few times now I find it to be completely natural and quite easy, so that was a relief. It’s not heavy at all imo and it’s SUPER versatile. I wore it crossbody and long shoulder mostly and it’s very comfortable. I’m shocked I don’t see this bag more online or anything because it’s honestly one of Lee’s best creations imo. It’s early though so.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
I haven’t found any video or photo reviews that show what fits. Do you feel like it fits your phone and wallet well? I was set on a mini Jodie, but now I’m really drawn to this style.

Reactions: RT1
I haven’t found any video or photo reviews that show what fits. Do you feel like it fits your phone and wallet well? I was set on a mini Jodie, but now I’m really drawn to this style.
Omg nooo it fits everything you can want and more! I have my wallet, keys, makeup pouch, hand sanitizer and a paperback book! It’s a very spacious daily bag. It’s structured but has side panels that seems to be a softer leather and therefore it can stretch a lot if needed. It fits as much as I can put in my large intrecciato pouch!

Omg nooo it fits everything you can want and more! I have my wallet, keys, makeup pouch, hand sanitizer and a paperback book! It’s a very spacious daily bag. It’s structured but has side panels that seems to be a softer leather and therefore it can stretch a lot if needed. It fits as much as I can put in my large intrecciato pouch!
I'd also love to see mod shots and an update on your thoughts! I saw this bag in person today and it is so so beautiful! I'm thinking about getting it in the dark brown color. My only hesitation is if it's too formal / too big to wear. It feels like Bottega's answer to Dior's 30 montaigne bag (which I love), but it is quite a bit bigger dimensions wise. Are you able to easily wear this bag with casual outfits? TIA!

It all started on the trip to my local Bottega boutique to pick up my new grass green mini jodie. I knew I was very pleased with my new purchase, and I honestly felt like my bag collection was complete! Well... that lasted all of five minutes until she casually pulled out The Clip bag. I had previously seen this in magazines and from the Purseblog feature they did a few weeks back... but let me tell you, it’s NOTHING until you see it in person. The bag itself is almost, what I like to describe as the cooler version of the Celine box bag. It’s timeless aesthetic mixed in with some unexpected edginess makes the bag utterly perfect. It’s not too square, but not too rectangular either. The leather is so buttery soft, but yet sturdy on the front and the back (where you could get the most scratches). There’s also a front pocket aside from the main interior. I’m sure there will be some haters out there who just practically dislike everything new BV, but I’m here to tell you that this bag is different. First off, it’s the most versatile bag I’ve seen in a loooong while. The strap can be completely removed if desired to wear as a clutch, also can be worn as a long shoulder bag, a short shoulder bag AND a crossbody bag! Can we also talk about the effortlessly cool knot in the strap??? I even initially asked my SA if she had done the knot herself, or was the bag made like that! It’s reminiscent of a cool vintage bag that your mother once owned in the 70’s, and maybe you just casually knotted the strap to make it your desired length. I don’t own a “box shaped” bag to date so I very much thought this would be the perfect addition to my handbag collection, as it’s definitely something that will not go out of style. Due to its clean lines, simplistic nature, and overall effortlessly cool aesthetic, I truly think that this is going to be the next hit for Bottega. That said, if it doesn’t become very recognizable in the near future, I might love it even more. There’s nothing more special than owning a beautiful bag that is a little bit under the radar :heart: View attachment 4920405View attachment 4920406View attachment 4920407View attachment 4920408View attachment 4920409
That’s a knockout bag!!

I'd also love to see mod shots and an update on your thoughts! I saw this bag in person today and it is so so beautiful! I'm thinking about getting it in the dark brown color. My only hesitation is if it's too formal / too big to wear. It feels like Bottega's answer to Dior's 30 montaigne bag (which I love), but it is quite a bit bigger dimensions wise. Are you able to easily wear this bag with casual outfits? TIA!
That’s so funny you mentioned the Dior montaigne because I thought of that bag when I saw the clip! I’m not a fan of anything Dior, (too fussy/feminine/flashy) but the clip, while it is a practical timeless bag, also has a little edge to it somehow! I mostly only wear casual outfits and I find it goes perfectly tbh. The bag would look too professional if worn with a more tailored look. For myself, it’s probably one of my largest bags (nvr been a fan of big bags as I don’t have a ton to carry on the daily) so it was a nice addition to my collection.

Truly unique! I can honestly say I haven’t seen it—and I notice a LOT of bags here! And I love that it doesn’t look like your other BV bags. It’s a conversation starter!
It’s nothing like anything I’ve ever owned tbh. Usually not a fan of the boxy shaped bags, too classic for me - this one just somehow stood out. I also strongly believe that, had it not been amidst the pandemic, this bag would already be an “it” bag. Everything is pushed back right now, and fashion is no exception. For instance, the mini jodie bag is super hot right now but let’s face it, it’s already like a year old! Same for the Balenciaga hourglass bag, I bought that in September 2019 and it’s only in the last few months I’ve seen that bag blow up on social media etc...

It’s nothing like anything I’ve ever owned tbh. Usually not a fan of the boxy shaped bags, too classic for me - this one just somehow stood out. I also strongly believe that, had it not been amidst the pandemic, this bag would already be an “it” bag. Everything is pushed back right now, and fashion is no exception. For instance, the mini jodie bag is super hot right now but let’s face it, it’s already like a year old! Same for the Balenciaga hourglass bag, I bought that in September 2019 and it’s only in the last few months I’ve seen that bag blow up on social media etc...
Everything has its time. Live long enough, and you’ll see boxy and other shapes of cross-bodies come back around. When someone does something fresh with them, like that BV hardware, it certainly brightens my spirits! Craft is not dead!

Reactions: papertiger