There is something about Cassie...

There was the Manor bag, but there was a 1970s bag that had the shape of the Cassie, size and the turnlock. It predated the 1990s legacy series. And there was also one like it that didn't have a turnlock:it It had a flap like the one in the Patricia's Legacy. It's just driving me crazy that I can't remember the name of the bag. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night.and remember. About 20 years ago, I had a large vintage collection. So some of those came from the 1970s. And then there were a lot of turn lock bags from the 1980s and '90s. Anyway I remember that the bag was very chubby and cute. It's just stuck in my brain now driving me crazy. When I do finish this project I'm working on, I'll do some more research.

Reactions: houseof999
Cassie 19 comes with a bigger dust bag than my Cassie Camera bag. I swear that dust bag is going to burst at the seams one of these days. UGH. At least it was only $105 plus tax.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BeachBagGal
Has anyone experienced chipping of the hardware, specifically gunmetal? I don't overly stuff so the bag isn't substantially heavier but the d-rings where it contacts with the strap's d-rings is chipped pretty badly.. after 2 weeks of wear! I brought it back to Coach and they said it would be a charge to repair it because of "regular" wear&tear.

Has anyone experienced chipping of the hardware, specifically gunmetal? I don't overly stuff so the bag isn't substantially heavier but the d-rings where it contacts with the strap's d-rings is chipped pretty badly.. after 2 weeks of wear! I brought it back to Coach and they said it would be a charge to repair it because of "regular" wear&tear.
Yep. See my post #2616 (page175) in this thread. Very sad. It makes me not want to use the bag anymore :sad:

Yep. See my post #2616 (page175) in this thread. Very sad. It makes me not want to use the bag anymore :sad:
Is this the pine Cassie? Regardless, if you want you could cover up all the leather with painters tape then spray paint them with Rust-oleum gun metal spray paint. I have never done it but @Teagaggle had spray painted hardware and I think they are still holding up fine.

Is this the pine Cassie? Regardless, if you want you could cover up all the leather with painters tape then spray paint them with Rust-oleum gun metal spray paint. I have never done it but @Teagaggle had spray painted hardware and I think they are still holding up fine.
Ah thank you for this.
Yes it’s the pine. I shall search for her post about it. I’ve considered using nail polish but haven’t found one that matches. I might use the spray paint on a paint brush or something.

Reactions: houseof999