The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

New "family" shots:

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

They're gorgeous! And I'm starting to feel slightly less crazy, if I do say so myself. Congrats.

HI there ladies,

I got today my Black jacket and I love it, but it fits a little tight in my elbow area. I can zip it up easy, no problem, but it fits tight on my shoulders when I zip it. I was wondering if it will stretch a little bit. I got mine in size 38, I normally wear size 4, I was in doubt about the 38 and 40 and now I am not sure if I should keep it. The part the bothers me more is the elbow when I bend it.

thank you for the help!

Perhaps repost your question in the moto jacket thread in the main forum, more people will see it there.

If your jacket fits well overall then I'd be inclined to recommend you keep it. I am sure it'll stretch a little. If it feels really tight though, impossible to wear, then yes, go for a size bigger.

HI there ladies,

I got today my Black jacket and I love it, but it fits a little tight in my elbow area. I can zip it up easy, no problem, but it fits tight on my shoulders when I zip it. I was wondering if it will stretch a little bit. I got mine in size 38, I normally wear size 4, I was in doubt about the 38 and 40 and now I am not sure if I should keep it. The part the bothers me more is the elbow when I bend it.

thank you for the help!

Hello Bal club members
I hope you won't mind a question from a PFR who is not a Bal owner. I just purchased an Andrew Marc leather jacket that I'd describe at moto-inspired. The sleeves are quite long but I notice some of your sleeves are long also. Do you have a rule of thumb as to how long is too long?
thank you.

^ Personally, for me I felt my Balenciaga Biker Jacket size 44 sleeves were a little too long on me @ 5'3". I felt like I needed to keep my hands cupped to hold up the sleeves and just the tips of my fingers were exposed and when my arms were bent, the sleeve was still in my palm. I had the department store that I purchased my jacket from alter it. My sleeves were shortened about 1/2" or something like that. I love the long length of them now...they don't feel in my way anymore. Here's a before & after shot attached. I hope that helped!

Attachments

• biker_jacket_sleeves_bent.jpg
    biker_jacket_sleeves_bent.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,822
  • my_khaki_biker_jacket_on.jpg
    my_khaki_biker_jacket_on.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,822
thank you for your reply
so I guess it's intended that these be worn with the sleeves longer than a normal jacket (say an blazer you'd wear to work). Just how long depends on comfort and functionality for the individual?

A quick question. I just got my Balenciaga black leather jacket from Barneys New York today and found out it's Made In Turkey instead of France! Is that right? Or this jacket is in question? Please help!

PurseInsanity, Loveeee your noir ikat stole!! You have such an awesome collection of designer goods. I've been wanting a LV stole for awhile now but the recent price increase isn't making it easy for me to take the plunge!

On a side note, it is interesing that your black jacket has a black jacket cover. lol. Mine is like your khaki one, creamy canvas material. Did they change the material of it over time?