< The Roseau Thread >

Hi all,

I adore the Roseau and have always wanted one. I'm about to purchase a preloved croc-embossed shoulder bag from a few years ago. The bamboo clasp (silver color) has some damage. They look like scratchs and possibly a bit of discoloration on the hardware. Would any of you know how I can restore this? Many thanks!

Hi all,

I adore the Roseau and have always wanted one. I'm about to purchase a preloved croc-embossed shoulder bag from a few years ago. The bamboo clasp (silver color) has some damage. They look like scratchs and possibly a bit of discoloration on the hardware. Would any of you know how I can restore this? Many thanks!
I don't know how to treat that, but you may ask a cobbler. My Roseaus have these too but I don't really mind. They are pretty small.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
My new Roseau in sand and LV zippy coin purse. I got this as a work bag and it fits everything I need (small water bottle, zippy coin purse, small agenda, slim diary, pen, 2 lipsticks, iPhone SE, keys). It fits way more with the sides pushed out, but I prefer the look of the bag with the sides in. However, with the sides in it is a bit difficult to use a bag liner. I haven‘t thought about that. And the upper edge of the bag is already bent a bit from the clasp. You can see it in the picture. It is my first Longchamp and I am curious to see how it will hold up.

Attachments

• 5A317073-ECA4-4D4C-B1E9-DF5EF0E11581.jpeg
    5A317073-ECA4-4D4C-B1E9-DF5EF0E11581.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 4598ADA2-5A51-4F6F-910F-C3C3A9DEE17F.jpeg
    4598ADA2-5A51-4F6F-910F-C3C3A9DEE17F.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 103
My new Roseau in sand

Congrats on your Roseau! I’ve seen the sand color IRL and it’s beautiful. I have three Roseaus currently and they all bend a bit on top because of the weight of the toggle. To minimize that problem I like to store them flat on their back when not in use, stuffed of course, but with the toggle undone. Hope that helps to flatten out the leather. You could just skip the bag liner because it’s a relatively structured leather to begin with. Just a thought. Enjoy your bag and welcome to Longchamp. :smile:

Congrats on your Roseau! I’ve seen the sand color IRL and it’s beautiful. I have three Roseaus currently and they all bend a bit on top because of the weight of the toggle. To minimize that problem I like to store them flat on their back when not in use, stuffed of course, but with the toggle undone. Hope that helps to flatten out the leather. You could just skip the bag liner because it’s a relatively structured leather to begin with. Just a thought. Enjoy your bag and welcome to Longchamp. :smile:
Thank you! :smile: That is a great suggestion, I will try to store it flat. I was also considering the new tan colour, but sand is more versatile. I really like it! :heart:

My new Roseau in sand and LV zippy coin purse. I got this as a work bag and it fits everything I need (small water bottle, zippy coin purse, small agenda, slim diary, pen, 2 lipsticks, iPhone SE, keys). It fits way more with the sides pushed out, but I prefer the look of the bag with the sides in. However, with the sides in it is a bit difficult to use a bag liner. I haven‘t thought about that. And the upper edge of the bag is already bent a bit from the clasp. You can see it in the picture. It is my first Longchamp and I am curious to see how it will hold up.
love this one. I'm eyeing this one in pink.