The new (but old) Diana bag

It depends on the model of the LD, some are quite hard to get and in and out of and that used to drive my mother completely nuts. The Diana is so much better in that respect.

I don't like the microfibre linings of these Dianas (normal leather). I've said it a M times (and I'm sure you're all bored of me saying so - sorry) but I don't like alacantara in LVs or the 'suede-like' material in Guccis, it's not at all like suede where you can brush it out, the linings are a dirt magnet.
Hmm, I own a Gucci Marmont backpack and two LV‘s Palm Springs mini backpack, Neverfull and I do not really have issue with the linings. I actually clean with a soft slightly damp cloth and a sheet off a lint roller, all my linings look new. I have heard that in regard to the LD and the difficulty getting in and out. I want a LD mini, is that the size that is the most difficult?

Reactions: papertiger
Hmm, I own a Gucci Marmont backpack and two LV‘s Palm Springs mini backpack, Neverfull and I do not really have issue with the linings. I actually clean with a soft slightly damp cloth and a sheet off a lint roller, all my linings look new. I have heard that in regard to the LD and the difficulty getting in and out. I want a LD mini, is that the size that is the most difficult?

Im glad you have no problems with the lining.

The smaller the LD, the more difficult :yes:

I love this bag. I was in the store when they first got it in but I bamboo handles had already left marks on the leather. I would love to see how this stands the test of time. I wanted this for a basic everyday bag because I honestly hate switching bags.

Reactions: snibor
I love this bag. I was in the store when they first got it in but I bamboo handles had already left marks on the leather. I would love to see how this stands the test of time. I wanted this for a basic everyday bag because I honestly hate switching bags.
Please expand on your comment about the bamboo handles leaving marks on the leather….

Please expand on your comment about the bamboo handles leaving marks on the leather….
There was a small but deep indentation on this part of the bag. When I asked about it. I was told it was from the handle. I looked and said but it’s brand new you said you just got it in today. She was like I know but this normal and why you should use the bands. I was disappointed so I left without getting the bag.
6474C2BD-439A-4419-B67D-AD447B3085AF.jpeg

There was a small but deep indentation on this part of the bag. When I asked about it. I was told it was from the handle. I looked and said but it’s brand new you said you just got it in today. She was like I know but this normal and why you should use the bands. I was disappointed so I left without getting the bag.
View attachment 5142532
Thanks for the formation. If I am reading your reply correctly the colored bands prevent the indent for happening. If I could find a bag without the issue and since I love the colored bands…. I would be very interested to know from anyone that has the bag if the indent is preventable.

Thanks for the formation. If I am reading your reply correctly the colored bands prevent the indent for happening. If I could find a bag without the issue and since I love the colored bands…. I would be very interested to know from anyone that has the bag if the indent is preventable.
I’ve seen it suggested (thank you @papertiger ) to tie up the handles when not using the bag to help prevent the indents.

My piece is vintage, so the leather is different from the reissue. I just use a soft piece of sewing elastic to tie up the handles so they are not pressing into the sides of the bag. It does have some slight indentations, but I’m hoping to keep it from progressing.

A18181B7-877A-44B0-AD93-4D2A44A7E5C5.jpeg

098BFF65-E2DA-41AC-8D75-7C02F7C1A7CE.jpeg

I love it! Congrats! I was hoping we would have some members posting their Dianas. Great color.
Thank you so much! I was able to get in touch with a Gucci sales associate in Atlanta whose store had the bag, and she was wonderfully kind and shipped it right out. This is my first Gucci bag and I'm new to the world of designer bags in general -- does anyone have any particular tips on caring for them? Sorry if it's a stupid question!

Reactions: snibor
Hi everyone! I've inherited the OG Diana (see pics) but need help with restoring it. The outside is perfect apart from the slight indentation because of the handles. The real problem is the sticky, peeling lining. I gently brushed off some of them and it revealed a cream fabric-like interior? Any idea if this is fabric or just leather? I'm searching on line for tips on how to remedy this. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210804_122244.jpg
    20210804_122244.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210804_122252.jpg
    20210804_122252.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 89
Hi everyone! I've inherited the OG Diana (see pics) but need help with restoring it. The outside is perfect apart from the slight indentation because of the handles. The real problem is the sticky, peeling lining. I gently brushed off some of them and it revealed a cream fabric-like interior? Any idea if this is fabric or just leather? I'm searching on line for tips on how to remedy this. Any help is appreciated.

If you can clean the sticky lining off, you’ll be left with fabric underneath. I had to do this with my Diana and it was MESSY!

I would recommend covering the leather and suede parts of your bag, before you start removing the sticky part of the lining. I wrapped mine in a garbage bag and used masking tape to carefully secure.

Reactions: excusemelah
If you can clean the sticky lining off, you’ll be left with fabric underneath. I had to do this with my Diana and it was MESSY!

I would recommend covering the leather and suede parts of your bag, before you start removing the sticky part of the lining. I wrapped mine in a garbage bag and used masking tape to carefully secure.
Thank you for the tip! I'll do this as my weekend mini project.

Reactions: melwhy
Hi all!
I'm from Australia and got my mini Gucci Diana about a month ago.
Love it so much. I find it holds a surprising amount of stuff for a teeny bag.
I've received some comments on it whilst out and about which is nice.
I'd love to buy one of the neon pink straps eventually too.

Attachments

• IMG_7284.JPG
    IMG_7284.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7285.JPG
    IMG_7285.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7689.JPG
    IMG_7689.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 117