The new (but old) Diana bag

You know I think I prefer the older ones without the “GG” branding. Beautiful bags. Would love to see your when you get it.

I like the original Diana (no logo, no GG + it had suede lining) but I actually prefer GG as hardware on the tag than the 'Gucci' in foiled letters. It's less ladylike (and I'm not very ladylike LOL).

You know I think I prefer the older ones without the “GG” branding. Beautiful bags. Would love to see yours when you get it.
That was a huge part of the appeal. I really like carrying a “stealth” bag that has little to no obvious branding but you can tell it’s a designer purse. The vintage Diana ticked those boxes for me.

Looking forward to receiving the new one and sharing!

Last edited:
Going to a Gucci event this weekend. It'll be interesting to see if they have these as part of the AW-preview

So they went on preview and available to buy from last Thursday (at least in the UK)

The official launch is 7 July.

I guess nothing we didn't know already.

Available in 3 sizes, large, med and mini.

So far I've seen:

Leather
Dark green
Sugar pink (light pink) - only saw in mini
Cien (light blue)
Cognac brown
Off-white
Black

Ostrich
Off-white or
ochre (between a muted orange and yellow)

Snakeskin
Dark green
Natural
Black

Lizard
Black

Wallets to match with small GG Running hardware and small bamboo bar. Compact and long.
Also wallets on chain version

My advice to all is to tie the handles up when storing so the bamboo doesn't drop-down and mark the leather.

The nice thing is the bag works just as nicely from the the side without the GG logo if you want pure stealth.

So they went on preview and available to buy from last Thursday (at least in the UK)

The official launch is 7 July.

I guess nothing we didn't know already.

Available in 3 sizes, large, med and mini.

So far I've seen:

Leather
Dark green
Sugar pink (light pink) - only saw in mini
Cien (light blue)
Cognac brown
Off-white
Black

Ostrich
Off-white or
ochre (between a muted orange and yellow)

Snakeskin
Dark green
Natural
Black

Lizard
Black

Wallets to match with small GG Running hardware and small bamboo bar. Compact and long.
Also wallets on chain version

My advice to all is to tie the handles up when storing so the bamboo doesn't drop-down and mark the leather.

The nice thing is the bag works just as nicely from the the side without the GG logo if you want pure stealth.
Thank you for posting this info! I was eyeing the white and was trying to determine from photos if it was off white/creme or a pure white so your info helped. Oh and exotics!!! Sigh. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: papertiger
The launch coincides with Princess Diana's birthday month - interesting!

And current Gucci ads on the Purseblog tease us since they are not yet available.

View attachment 5122568
View attachment 5122569

I think they're pushing the marketing (prob. timelined as planned) before all the bags are ready (due to Covid issues in Italy). All the pics are up on Gucci.

I must say the leather looks really nice. Satin-y and close grained.

Still not a fan of the microfibre though - and considering that price point :hrmm: Waiting to see the python in dark green for final thoughts.

Now up on the U.S. site!

Mini size $2,650 Python $4,000 7.9"W x 6.3"H x 3.9"D
1625550561510.png
1625550576536.png

Small $3,100 (plus black not pictured) 11"W x 9.5"H x 4.3"D
1625550613805.png

Small Python $4,900 (sorry for the "scaling" issues lol)
1625550658229.png

Medium $3,980 (plus in black not pictured) 14"W x 11.8"H x 5.5"D
1625550691835.png

Medium python variations (again, sorry for scaling issues, they didn't come out the same size as the Mediums above)
1625550744940.png

Last edited:
Looking at the card case wallet I think they incorrectly list measurement. It’s listed as 7.4” wide which is same as chain wallet and the same as listed for Diana “continental wallet”. Unless this card holder is much bigger than normal (usually 4.3” or 4.5”) but I doubt it.

the mini bag is so small. Was hoping it would be a tad bigger. The small and medium still comes with strap but I’m thinking strap not really meant for consistent use? Even the model doesn’t show it with strap.

also interesting they provide the weight of the bags which is helpful when comparing sizes.

Edit.. you can also purchase just the leather “belts” and monogram (for mini/small). I guess if you wanted to change colors or maybe even place on older bamboo bag? (If it fits). F4115BE7-7556-4383-BB0F-EF56A94E775F.jpeg1F0C09FD-E124-43DC-80F9-813718EB5CC0.png

Last edited:
Looking at the card case wallet I think they incorrectly list measurement. It’s listed as 7.4” wide which is same as chain wallet and the same as listed for Diana “continental wallet”. Unless this card holder is much bigger than normal (usually 4.3” or 4.5”) but I doubt it.

the mini bag is so small. Was hoping it would be a tad bigger. The small and medium still comes with strap but I’m thinking strap not really meant for consistent use? Even the model doesn’t show it with strap.

also interesting they provide the weight of the bags which is helpful when comparing sizes.

Edit.. you can also purchase just the leather “belts” and monogram (for mini/small). I guess if you wanted to change colors or maybe even place on older bamboo bag? (If it fits).

Yes, I agree, the card case wallet dimensions do look incorrect.

Good to know about purchasing the leather "belts" by themselves!

I love the Small size but I don't need a new bag, either!

And some new pics on website showing the strap being used.

Guessing mini pink and medium black in first row.
Then mini black and small green?
1625593462347.png

1625593513021.png

Last edited: