The Covetable Coussin Club

A few questions if anyone can answer! Is the chain very heavy? Do you guys think this bag will slouch over time or it won’t because of the 2 zippers in the middle to kind of keep it sitting up?

A few questions if anyone can answer! Is the chain very heavy? Do you guys think this bag will slouch over time or it won’t because of the 2 zippers in the middle to kind of keep it sitting up?
Chain is heavy but not TOO heavy. If it were lighter and "hollower" it would feel cheap & I wouldn't like that. It's not nearly as heavy as the BV pouch chain tho, not even close. Not sure about the bag slouching, it might. I would imagine the powers that be in the bag insert world would be all over that tho if it's the case. I like my leathers a little slouchy - Hermes' clemence is my favorite leather, so that supple semi-structured yet buttery look is my mojo. Solid colors would likely look kind of cool this way, not so sure about the silver one. That might not look quite as passable droopy.

As a side note, and reminder, these are color combos coming for fall.....

Attachments

• 170820B1-7132-4A6D-BB31-BA649FC46AF3.png
    170820B1-7132-4A6D-BB31-BA649FC46AF3.png
    619.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 5E8D56C9-B0AF-4543-B267-9D52522A9D3E.png
    5E8D56C9-B0AF-4543-B267-9D52522A9D3E.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 67324CCC-655F-4791-B155-96A881A6E5DE.png
    67324CCC-655F-4791-B155-96A881A6E5DE.png
    750.7 KB · Views: 133
Love this on you! I can’t decide between the size. How did you decide on the mm over the pm?

thank you, it was a hard decision between PM and MM sizes but MM appealed more to me size- and proportion-wise. Neither size is better than the other, just choosing which one works better for me was my only concern. (Maybe I can get lucky and purchase a PM down the road too.)

Reactions: Starbux32
Chain is heavy but not TOO heavy. If it were lighter and "hollower" it would feel cheap & I wouldn't like that. It's not nearly as heavy as the BV pouch chain tho, not even close. Not sure about the bag slouching, it might. I would imagine the powers that be in the bag insert world would be all over that tho if it's the case. I like my leathers a little slouchy - Hermes' clemence is my favorite leather, so that supple semi-structured yet buttery look is my mojo. Solid colors would likely look kind of cool this way, not so sure about the silver one. That might not look quite as passable droopy.

ITA on all points, +1.

chain is good enough weight, not too heavy and not that light.
same with the leather preference, I’m partial to soft, pliable leather so I don’t own any bag inserts.
I too am a fan of Hermes Clemence - my RVIF B30 and Iris Evelyne have been broken in very nicely, the leather is very durable yet slouches.

ETA: uncertain about Coussin slouching in the future, only time will tell.

Last edited:

The chain has some weight to it, but not so heavy that I would have a problem with it. Like others have said, if it were more hollow or lighter, I don't think I would like it as it would feel cheap. It's nice and solid.

I do think it would slouch a bit over time, but I think if you really want you can minimize that with inserts and/or the type/shape of things you put inside. I think it would also depend on the size. I would imagine there would be less slouching for the PM compared to the MM simple because there's less to slouch. I would also imagine a fuller bag (ie, more things filling it) would slouch less.

Wow....stunned by the coming color combos !! Watch out wallet !!

@TraceySH @BooYah @613
Thanks so much for the feedback. I’m glad the chain isn’t overly heavy - yay!

I still can’t decide between the mm or pm. I’ll have to try it on in store when it does become available. Im digging the silver pm, both the mm colors - so indecisive!

thanks for the color updates too Tracey. I kept telling myself “i do not like this bag” and stopped following it for a bit haha. Here I am wishing I pre ordered.