The battle of totes.

I think it depends on how much you'll need to carry. The Neverfull looks like it has a bigger capacity than the GST; however, I agree with DesignerGirl that it is so overexposed. I feel like 70% of women in NYC have the Neverfull, lol. You can't walk in the city without being bombarded by them. The GST is definitely rarer.

I have the GST and love it, but while it is a big bag, I am sometimes limited by what fits in it. That's why I am now using a Furla tote for work (huge bag). I posted about it in the Furla thread. But if you don't need your kitchen sink with you everyday I do love the GST. It does soften with use so it's not as rigid as people think.

Oh I forgot to mention that watching YouTube videos about the totes in question are really helpful. I love Trina Leavers' videos. She really loves the GST.

Other tote suggestions are the Dior Panarea (love this one much more than the Neverfull--not as common and has structure and feet) and the Fendi 3Jours. Check them out.

I think it depends on how much you'll need to carry. The Neverfull looks like it has a bigger capacity than the GST; however, I agree with DesignerGirl that it is so overexposed. I feel like 70% of women in NYC have the Neverfull, lol. You can't walk in the city without being bombarded by them. The GST is definitely rarer.

I have the GST and love it, but while it is a big bag, I am sometimes limited by what fits in it. That's why I am now using a Furla tote for work (huge bag). I posted about it in the Furla thread. But if you don't need your kitchen sink with you everyday I do love the GST. It does soften with use so it's not as rigid as people think.

Only 70%? lol..
Chanel is pretty popular here too though. Less so, but I still see it all the time.

I use to hate LV monogram bags. Hate, hate hate.
Then I caved and got a Neverfull GM in DE.
It's become my favorite bag. I used when I was in Florida every day - beach, shopping, everything.
If you need to lug around a bunch of stuff, you want the most lightweight bag you can get. I also love that's it's so low maintenance. Just wipe down and it's good as new.

There's a reason why so many women continue to purchase it year after year, it's just that great of a bag.
I only wish it came in a different version, like maybe a solid print coated canvas in different colors; something that doesn't scream LV from a block away.

My other bags are all Balenciaga's, a black leather Tiffany tote, and a BV. So as you can see, I'm not at all into flashy bags. But I still gotta go with the LV NF (coated canvas) being the best all around tote out there.

I have the Neverfull in DE and the GST. I love the beauty and "specialness" of the GST. But function-wise the NF is hands down one of the best bags I own. It's comfortable to carry. You can overload it for travel if you need to. It never shows wear.

Hmmm now with so many positive comments about the Neverfull, I think I need to make a trip to my downtown LV store to take a look..
Yes I agree with BPC, I hate hate hate LV monogram bags...

Totes I own: Goyard St Louis, Dior Panarama in Olive colour, Chanel GST brown colour (Love it but yes, heavy), Mulberry Bayswater Tote and the original Bayswater bag...

I have twin babies so I love big bags and St Louis and Bayswater totes really come in handy...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Double Sens. I've used it almost daily for 6 months and I love love love it. The leather is the most beautiful both new and as it wears, and while I've heard feedback that it is a bit heavy, I don't find it too heavy myself. Quite a few DS users use theirs as the daily workhorse loaded up without any problems. The width of the handles actually distributes the weight better than other bags. The fact that its reversible means that its just as stunning inside (if not more so) than it is outside so you do get two bags in one, and it takes a lot more than say the Celine option which is apparently flimsy in comparison and the handles can stretch. I've gotten so many compliments from it - more than my Kelly or Lindy. I also like how there is no hardware; just sleek, simple, and all about the leather and craftsmanship. This is the big mark against the Chanel for me (I'm not a fan of too much hardware for everyday) and I rarely use mine because for the size I cant fit nearly as much as the DS.
Great post! I agree wholeheartedly. My DS is also probably the bag that I get the most compliments on. Even though it's completely logo-less and under the radar, the colours, quality of leather and construction really speak for themselves.

I personally don't like to wear bags that are too recognisable/ubiquitous, so that rules out Chanel or the Neverfull for me. Although the colours of the epi ine are very cheerful and nice to look at.

My main totes are my Celine cabas (vertical ), Burberry Buckleigh and Celine Phantom. I've owned my cabas since 2012 and my handles are not stretched out. The leather is divine, still smells great and its lightweight. My Buckleigh is nylon and can carry almost everything.as it stretches. I brought it along for a course I'm taking and its been a great workhorse. The same can be said for my Phantom which I'm using for classes and work. Yes, it is heavy but it serves its purpose as another workhorse in the stable, and it elevates every outfit. :smile:

Another person for the Double Sens. It holds a ton and is under the radar. People compliment my bag because it's gorgeous, not because of the name. I don't find it heavy either. However, you really can't go wrong with a Neverfull. It definitely lives up to it's name.