The 4 choices....

I think the Mandarin Speedy is fabulous! At first glance, it seems like it might be too much, but it is an awesome color that I think it relatively neutral. It would sure add a lot pizzazz to an outfit!

Irissy said:
Ok, I'm going to try to put myself into your shoes here:

When it comes to my bf letting me choose a gift, his criteria is usually to get something that's unique and very special so it reminds you of him everytime you see it and not every other girl at the mall has one. He also prefers it's something that I'll use often, instead on a special occasion. I assume this goes for most of the bfs out there...

So I'll choose the mandarin speedy because it is very unique and classy. Not alot of people have this one and it goes with casual clothing but downside is it might be a tad bit "loud" for work. I would cross out the mini riberia because it's just too small to be practical and you might not get many use out of it then bf will be sad. Although it is hella cute! As for the LV batignolles, as much as I love the practical usage of this bag, I wouldn't want my bf to get this one as my first LV because to me the monogram is very typical and alot of the gals out there carry such bag. This is a bag that I think most people will eventually get sometimes in the future because to me it's a "must-have" bag but then it's also very typical do you know what I mean. It's just something I wouldn't want a bf to get for me as a sentimental gift. It's a bag that I see myself buying it for myself, instead of from a bf. I don't know if this make sense or not. I just think the mandarin speedy is very special and it should be coming from a special love one. Well, these are my 2 cents.

Wow! Thank you so much! You like analyzed what I'm thinking in a nutshell about how I should go about choosing. As I was reading, i was like yes yes yes that's what I mean and want from this gift! I may have to discuss this speedy with the bf. Do you think the mandarin is a good choice or the red?

I think my choice may be the mandarin. You guys just confirmed what I think was in my gut. Now should I go for mandarin or red? I am leaning towards the mandarin and should I buy on eluxary or in store? I live in MN and there is only one downtown in Marshall Fields but I think sales tax will be more than shipping. It's 6.5% so I calculated it to be 53.30 for tax and make the bag like $873. Whereas its only $21 shipping on eluxury.

Munchkyn said:
I think my choice may be the mandarin. You guys just confirmed what I think was in my gut. Now should I go for mandarin or red? I am leaning towards the mandarin and should I buy on eluxary or in store? I live in MN and there is only one downtown in Marshall Fields but I think sales tax will be more than shipping. It's 6.5% so I calculated it to be 53.30 for tax and make the bag like $873. Whereas its only $21 shipping on eluxury.

It's a much more fun experience to purchase the bag at your local LV boutique and make friends with the SA in addition to surrounding yourself with other lovely LV bags. :smile: Worth the extra ~$30! I have only recently begun purchasing items on ELux to save on tax because I've purchased many bags at the boutique already (I go in for "little things" like agenda refills so I can talk to my favorite SA).

As for the color, I vote mandarin. It's a very classy color, not typical (hello, red!), and eye-catching in a pleasing way.

Ya, I like the mandarin over the red (even though I love red bags). I would go into the LV store to take a closer look at this bag and go through the whole "buying your first LV" experience even though it might cost a bit more money. Also, you can make sure the bag you choose will be made in France and is spotless whereas this is something you can't do when purchasing online.

Irissy said:
Ya, I like the mandarin over the red (even though I love red bags). I would go into the LV store to take a closer look at this bag and go through the whole "buying your first LV" experience even though it might cost a bit more money. Also, you can make sure the bag you choose will be made in France and is spotless whereas this is something you can't do when purchasing online.

I will probably go later this week to check it out and see if I truly like it! I have never seen the bag in person and I don't want my bf to spend that much money without seeing it first. It is always on my mind now.

Munchkyn said:
I will probably go later this week to check it out and see if I truly like it! I have never seen the bag in person and I don't want my bf to spend that much money without seeing it first. It is always on my mind now.

Happy Shopping! I'm so excited for you. :nuts: Be sure to show us your conquest. :amuse: