Swagger (on down) Clubhouse

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to care for the glovetanned leather? Has anyone used any leather conditioner or rain and stain repellent? Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I’m having no luck in the search bar. I was wondering if the Apple brand was good to use or if it’s best to use nothing at all?

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to care for the glovetanned leather? Has anyone used any leather conditioner or rain and stain repellent? Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I’m having no luck in the search bar. I was wondering if the Apple brand was good to use or if it’s best to use nothing at all?

The glovetanned leather is pretty easy going in my experience. I’ve treated it with applegard, and mine hasn’t required a ton of conditioning, but when I do condition, I’ve used a light layer of the coach stuff (so I assume any of the others would work since they are nicer/better).

Hopefully this is helpful to someone out there...but sorry if I am repeating info. I purchased a Swagger 27 from the Coach Reserve section on the Outlet online and just received her. She's in navy pebbled leather with glovetanned trim and silver hardware. The glovetanned leather reminds me of the leather on my Ace Satchel. Both the style and the second number on the creed have the "F" though.

The top zipper now has a leather end, it can't fully unzip like the original style had; I liked the original but can deal. There is also now a back pocket which I love. The strap is the neat design where there is no end that can flap around and it attaches at the top, not the side. It does not have 3 compartments like the newest generation has.

It's hard to capture the dark navy color, but here are some pics:
20190415_205334.jpg20190415_171237.jpg1555376682864.jpg20190415_171055.jpg1555376859234.jpg

I am keeping her; I had sold my indigo Ace because she was too big but missed her, this size works great!

Last edited:
Hopefully this is helpful to someone out there...but sorry if I am repeating info. I purchased a Swagger 27 from the Coach Reserve section on the Outlet online and just received her. She's in navy pebbled leather with glovetanned trim and silver hardware. The glovetanned leather reminds me of the leather on my Ace Satchel. Both the style and the second number on the creed have the "F" though.

The top zipper now has a leather end, it can't fully unzip like the original style had; I liked the original but can deal. There is also now a back pocket which I love. The strap is the neat design where there is no end that can flap around and it attaches at the top, not the side. It does not have 3 compartments like the newest generation has.

It's hard to capture the dark navy color, but here are some pics:
View attachment 4404955View attachment 4404957View attachment 4404958View attachment 4404960View attachment 4404965

I am keeping her; I had sold my indigo Ace because she was too big but missed her, this size works great!
Again, sorry if I am repeating info...but I think this is the second version/edition/generation Swagger? I saw someone on YouTube has a third one, where in addition to what the second has (including the back slip pocket), there are actually 3 compartments in the middle (the zipper part is it's own contained section). The one this person owned had 2 little tea roses on the metal plate with the turnlocks...

One difference though I have noticed is the strap for my Swagger is the design where there is no extra end so it can't flap...it's one continuous piece that loops through and it's in the glovetanned leather...

Last edited:
Reactions: Emilleigh and ivdw