Studs are a girls best friend!

I saw the studded bags on MK's Facebook page yesterday. I don't particularly care for all the huge studs, but I wish they made that yellow Hamilton without them because I'd be all over that!

Me too!!! I am seriously on the hunt for the perfect yellow bag for spring and that shade is just right.

No, I love the studs too! I wish they had other colors in E/W tho....the N/S is just too big for me!

Good point all my hamiltons are e/w, I wonder if they will have some e/w with studs or not. I know in the past sometimes department stores carried bags in the e/w size that mk.com nor the mk brick & mortar stores carried. I got my purple & aqua saffaino e/w totes from macys & lord & taylor, I think bloomies also had them too. We'll have to stalk their sites next month and see what pops up. The N/S is too big for me too, it looks like luggage on me. I really like the studded clutch too. If they don't have any e/w totes with studs I'll spring for the clutch. Heck I might spring for that anyways it reminds me of the valentino studded clutch that I love so much, but can't justify the cost of since I have no need for clutches lol.

Both the Coach Candace and the MK Selma are knock offs of celine luggage tote. The MK Selma reminds me of Valentinos knock off of the Celine without the studs. Ever since the luggage tote became popular so many brands are coming out with similar style bags square/rectangle shape with "winged" sides.

True, but I went with Coach Candace because I don't own the Celine, so I couldn't post a pic. :biggrin: I'd venture to say that Celine didn't "invent" the style, either. All the handbag "designers" copy each other.

Good point all my hamiltons are e/w, I wonder if they will have some e/w with studs or not. I know in the past sometimes department stores carried bags in the e/w size that mk.com nor the mk brick & mortar stores carried. I got my purple & aqua saffaino e/w totes from macys & lord & taylor, I think bloomies also had them too. We'll have to stalk their sites next month and see what pops up. The N/S is too big for me too, it looks like luggage on me. I really like the studded clutch too. If they don't have any e/w totes with studs I'll spring for the clutch. Heck I might spring for that anyways it reminds me of the valentino studded clutch that I love so much, but can't justify the cost of since I have no need for clutches lol.

I have the purple and aqua saffiano as well. And the line green got them all from Macy's. Hopefully they will get E/W with the studs eventually. The N/S is huge on me as well. The clutch is too cute but I don't have any occasion to just carry a clutch!

I have the purple and aqua saffiano as well. And the line green got them all from Macy's. Hopefully they will get E/W with the studs eventually. The N/S is huge on me as well. The clutch is too cute but I don't have any occasion to just carry a clutch!

Hi bag twin:biggrin: Now that you mentioned it I forgot Macys had purple, the purple they had came with sliver hardware I think the MK stores had it in silver too but L&T and bloomies got it in gold. So even more reason to keep our eyes peeled because different department stores may have different colored hardware along with different color choices for bags. Although I don't think they will do different color hardware for the studded bags as they would have to buy to stocks of studs but you never know. I really don't have many reasons to carry a clutch but for some reason I get the urge to buy them. I'd feel a lot less guilty buying the MK clutch than the Valentino one it reminds me of lol.

True, but I went with Coach Candace because I don't own the Celine, so I couldn't post a pic. :biggrin: I'd venture to say that Celine didn't "invent" the style, either. All the handbag "designers" copy each other.

Yeppers nothing in fashion is new, it's all about execution. I thought that the celine luggage tote was ugly until someone pointed out that the bag had a face and then I liked it because I thought it was funny. I don't know why I'm weird like that.

I saw these at the mk boutique at the mall today. the colors are gorgeous but the stud are huge. not really digging it, but maybe if i start seeing people carrying them I may change my mind.

Love the Selma! I hope Macy's gets it in so I can get this for the next friends and family sale.

me too! i was going to get a jet set tote with the next macys f+f but if they get the Selma i am def going to get that instead!! i actually like it more then the coach candace which i was going to originally get.. to cure my craving for the celine.. lol.

me too! i was going to get a jet set tote with the next macys f+f but if they get the Selma i am def going to get that instead!! i actually like it more then the coach candace which i was going to originally get.. to cure my craving for the celine.. lol.

LOL, I'm right there with you. Let's cross our fingers and hope they do get it. I'm still trying to figure out which color I want, navy or black ;)

I'm not a fan of the studs myself but at the same time, I don't think they're completely hideous. I think they can be cute if the studded bags weren't your ONLY bags and if it was just a bag you took out once in awhile..

I do like the Coach Candace bag and am glad MK came out with the Selma, super classic! I was never into Coach until their 'classic' bags came out (or back).

Me too!!! I am seriously on the hunt for the perfect yellow bag for spring and that shade is just right.

I saw the studded bags on MK's Facebook page yesterday. I don't particularly care for all the huge studs, but I wish they made that yellow Hamilton without them because I'd be all over that!

I went to the MK store to check the studded hamilton and while they didn't have a regular hamilton in this color they did have the selma, jetset totes, and a small shoulder metal chain flap type bag in this color and it is stunning. I'm not big on yellow but I really liked it I want the selma in this color. If only I had a endless bank account:P

I liked the studded hamilton, however the size is too big. I'll have to scout around and see if any of the department stores get it in the e/w size. I was disappointed by the clutch it was too flat to be able to hold much.