Soft swagger leather quality

f37732_dkchk_a0

Hi Chichua5, This is the bag from the coachoutlet. I looked carefully and there is no defect or any difference at all between this and the bag i received from the FP for $550 + tax. Again, this was only $160 + tax!. I hope you receive your bag son. I already started using mine today. I loaded it with a book, laptop, juice , small water bottle and my daily essentials but still it did not do anything to my shoulders.:smile:
Beautiful bag! Congrats on the price, it's a steal!

You mentioned it's your first Outlet bag (?) If so, bear with me on this..... this gorgeous bag is actually a FP Coach retail bag. That means it was not produced specifically for the Outlet but was a bag produced for the FP ( full price) Coach Retail stores/department stores. These types of bags end up at the Outlet due to either a customer return or last fashion cycle from the retail stores. It was not produced for the Outlet. Thus, this is a truly awesome deal! Many of us love "hunting" at the Outlet for these gems! The Outlet does have its own lines of handbags which are different from the Retail ones which depending on the consumer is a good thing or a bad thing.....

If you already know this, forgive me for my educational chatter! It's been a sore topic for some of us. If you need further details, check out the "what is going on with Coach?" thread for more information regarding the Outlet handbags (MFF) versus the FP handbags.

Again, beautiful bag! Can't wait to receive mine!

I'm happy to hear you love the soft swagger. It's a bag that's been on my radar but I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I had the soft swagger 27 with blue hardware but sold it because of the size. I'd love to see some pictures of your new beauty in action!!
Before you sold your swagger, did you find the hardware chipping or wearing out being that it is carabiner/turquoise hardware? I remember your reveal and it being so eye-catching.

I ordered the soft Swagger from the online sale. (It is a great deal!) I've wanted a Swagger for a while and thought this would be the one. I didn't like the color though, so it's going back.

I did want to say, though, that the leather is great. It's just what I would have expected from a full price bag. To my knowledge, Swaggers weren't made for the outlet. They made a similar bag with a different name. I've never held one, so I don't know what kind of leather that one i made with. That being said, I've bought a couple of factory bags that have incredible pebbled or soft leather - just as great a a full price bag. :tup:

Reactions: Chihua5
Before you sold your swagger, did you find the hardware chipping or wearing out being that it is carabiner/turquoise hardware? I remember your reveal and it being so eye-catching.

I didn't notice any chipping on it. I would bet it would be similar to the Swagger with Matte Black hardware that I sold- the place where the long strap attaches to the bag had color loss from metal rubbing metal. The hardware on the front held up pretty well.

Beautiful bag! Congrats on the price, it's a steal!

You mentioned it's your first Outlet bag (?) If so, bear with me on this..... this gorgeous bag is actually a FP Coach retail bag. That means it was not produced specifically for the Outlet but was a bag produced for the FP ( full price) Coach Retail stores/department stores. These types of bags end up at the Outlet due to either a customer return or last fashion cycle from the retail stores. It was not produced for the Outlet. Thus, this is a truly awesome deal! Many of us love "hunting" at the Outlet for these gems! The Outlet does have its own lines of handbags which are different from the Retail ones which depending on the consumer is a good thing or a bad thing.....

If you already know this, forgive me for my educational chatter! It's been a sore topic for some of us. If you need further details, check out the "what is going on with Coach?" thread for more information regarding the Outlet handbags (MFF) versus the FP handbags.

Again, beautiful bag! Can't wait to receive mine!
No, I did not know and thanks for the education! you guys are so knowledgeable I guess i just got lucky then. In a way I am glad there isn't an outlet coach i can shop at because i'd probably be buying more bags. I did not realize this was a sensitive topic. I was just very happy to get a great bag at low cost and wanted to share in case others were interested.

I ordered the soft Swagger from the online sale. (It is a great deal!) I've wanted a Swagger for a while and thought this would be the one. I didn't like the color though, so it's going back.

I did want to say, though, that the leather is great. It's just what I would have expected from a full price bag. To my knowledge, Swaggers weren't made for the outlet. They made a similar bag with a different name. I've never held one, so I don't know what kind of leather that one i made with. That being said, I've bought a couple of factory bags that have incredible pebbled or soft leather - just as great a a full price bag. :tup:
Hi Carterazo, which color did you get ? Just curious..

I'm happy to hear you love the soft swagger. It's a bag that's been on my radar but I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I had the soft swagger 27 with blue hardware but sold it because of the size. I'd love to see some pictures of your new beauty in action!! :smile:

Just a side note- the Swagger is a boutique bag, not a "made for factory" bag. Sometimes Coach sends bags to the outlet that didn't sell very well in boutiques. You can definitely find some good scores at the outlets! $162 is a steal for the bag you bought!

Thanks for the info Sarah. Do they then specify if a bag is a 'made for factory'? In other words how is one to know whether the bag is from a boutique but discounted to a low price or if it a .'made for factory' bag but not truly discounted. Unless of course shoppers are as knowledgeable as you guys are. Just curious.. don't know when Id visit an outlet store but thought that info will come handy when i go on vacation and happen to visit an outlet store. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Sarah03
Thanks for the info Sarah. Do they then specify if a bag is a 'made for factory'? In other words how is one to know whether the bag is from a boutique but discounted to a low price or if it a .'made for factory' bag but not truly discounted. Unless of course shoppers are as knowledgeable as you guys are. Just curious.. don't know when Id visit an outlet store but thought that info will come handy when i go on vacation and happen to visit an outlet store. Thanks in advance!
On new items, there is a tag inside the pocket with the creed number of the bag. It is two sets of numbers. If there is an F in front of the second set of numbers, it was made for factory.

Reactions: Sarah03 and Hobbsy
No, I did not know and thanks for the education! you guys are so knowledgeable I guess i just got lucky then. In a way I am glad there isn't an outlet coach i can shop at because i'd probably be buying more bags. I did not realize this was a sensitive topic. I was just very happy to get a great bag at low cost and wanted to share in case others were interested.
Don't think the Outlet factory bags are inferior, they can just be different but still nice. I own both retail and outlet bags. Go with your gut when buying a handbag!

My suggestion for you is that you have two Swaggers with different types of leathers and you seem to really like the one that was found at the Outlet. Find out what type of leather they both are and for the future you'll have an idea on which type of leather you like.

I didn't notice any chipping on it. I would bet it would be similar to the Swagger with Matte Black hardware that I sold- the place where the long strap attaches to the bag had color loss from metal rubbing metal. The hardware on the front held up pretty well.
Thanks for the heads up, debating on keeping mine since I already have three other swaggers. I have noticed the gunmetal hardware also wears out when using the shoulder strap, which I'm not too keen on.

Hi Carterazo, which color did you get ? Just curious..

I got the chalk. I expected it to be a lighter color - like the chalk Rogue which was more like a "dirty white". (at least the first generation chalk rogue) The color is the same as the one they called parchment. It's a nice color, just not what I was hoping for.

Received my Chalk with the turquoise hardware from the outlet online sale, mint, fully packaged with the dust bag. I love it! The chalk color is not the same as the chalk rogue, it's a more vanilla color. I bought this bag to go with my turquoise Rexy charm (at least that's the excuse I used to buy it...)

It is my first "soft" leather swagger. The leather is very soft and the bag overall seems not as structured as my rainbow or bandana rivet swaggers, probably because of this soft leather. I think the quality is just as great as my other swaggers. It's a keeper for me!

I got the chalk. I expected it to be a lighter color - like the chalk Rogue which was more like a "dirty white". (at least the first generation chalk rogue) The color is the same as the one they called parchment. It's a nice color, just not what I was hoping for.
Ah! yes, i compared it with my other chalk bags and this one is definitely creamier. I'd say more of a vanilla color. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: carterazo
Don't think the Outlet factory bags are inferior, they can just be different but still nice. I own both retail and outlet bags. Go with your gut when buying a handbag!

My suggestion for you is that you have two Swaggers with different types of leathers and you seem to really like the one that was found at the Outlet. Find out what type of leather they both are and for the future you'll have an idea on which type of leather you like.

Hi Chihua5,
That's the thing though! both of them are from the same style 37732 (soft grain swagger) . One is soft and shiny and the other one is rough and stiff and also it seems like it has a different grain. That's why i reached out to you all to confirm. Seems like mine was just an exception and so i don't want to sway anyone from this beautiful product line. The bag is still light and functional . I'll keep moisturizing it and see if it gets better. If not, will get over it Thanks for your suggestion. Hope you are enjoying the weekend