Should I return the Gucci logo belt?

I don't think logo belts have to be tacky, it depends on each belt and also how people wear them. I have a few Interlocking GG buckles and other Gucci belts including a beautiful purple croc G that is also a horse's head, it's flash but it's not tacky. Besides no one has the monopoly on good taste and I hate fashion police.

I also don't see that someone who buys a Gucci belt is somehow inferior/cheap to someone who buys RTW. It sounds clever but it's not true. I think it's prudent to buy accessories that can be worn almost every day and are versatile.

If you went to the trouble of ordering it there's obviously there's something about the Marmont Running '60s GG that you like but it does feel quite exposing to wear. I'm not a fan of the Running GG for myself either, it's a bit obvious but IRL and on some of our members I have seen it look quite fab.
Well said!

I don't think logo belts have to be tacky, it depends on each belt and also how people wear them. I have a few Interlocking GG buckles and other Gucci belts including a beautiful purple croc G that is also a horse's head, it's flash but it's not tacky. Besides no one has the monopoly on good taste and I hate fashion police.

I also don't see that someone who buys a Gucci belt is somehow inferior/cheap to someone who buys RTW. It sounds clever but it's not true. I think it's prudent to buy accessories that can be worn almost every day and are versatile.

If you went to the trouble of ordering it there's obviously there's something about the Marmont Running '60s GG that you like but it does feel quite exposing to wear. I'm not a fan of the Running GG for myself either, it's a bit obvious but IRL and on some of our members I have seen it look quite fab.

Some of the belts like Hermes belts look super stylish, especially teamed with minimalistic outfits, I really don't like label overload, but because some guy on the internet decides it is tacky, it isn't, I find it much more tacky to follow influencers. An item needs to work for you, my wardrobe is a total mix, from H&M shirts to H just about everything, if it suits me and my style, great, and I am not a fashion victim who will be dictated by somebody else, I always thought real fashion is expressing your style, not following what somebody tells you. Some designers I love, but hey, if they do put something out that I consider duff, no chance that I am buying it, if they put something out that doesn't work for me but looks great, I hope I won't fall in love with it and think "it might work" - I financed far too many people this way who buy preloved...

"Fashion police" :lol:

Reactions: jbags07
I’d return it. I think wearing one now looks a little late in the game. And it is just overdone now. I have the small belt that I wear sporadically which doesn’t stand out as much and looks more demure and classy, IMO. My last name starts with a “G” so I justify the overly trendy-ness of it with that. :P I like Ferragamo belts for everyday, honestly.

I’d return it. I think wearing one now looks a little late in the game. And it is just overdone now. I have the small belt that I wear sporadically which doesn’t stand out as much and looks more demure and classy, IMO. My last name starts with a “G” so I justify the overly trendy-ness of it with that. :P I like Ferragamo belts for everyday, honestly.
I've considered an Hermes belt for that reason - I don't love obvious branding on clothing, but my last name starts with 'H' :smartass:.

Reactions: curlsandacamera