Should I get a second ear piercing ?

I received a second piercing last year and I love it. I wear diamond studs or gold balls in the piercings and I love them. It’s allows for discreet ear layering without being super edgy.

Reactions: USCGirlie
What other method is there, I thought it was the standard practice (if you mean the thing kind of like a one sided stapler) They said 2 weeks to heal

You can get pierced at a tattoo parlor; they use a needle instead of a gun. They “say” 2 weeks, but mine took several months when I was pierced with a gun, and I heal pretty fast... they also don’t give the folks that use piercing guns at the mall intensive training on sanitation and piercing methods like they do at tattoos parlors. The piercing is done with a blunt instrument, which is why it is done with a spring-loaded gun... thus causing more damage.

Last edited:
In my teens, twenties and early thirties I used to have 14 piercings in one ear, and 13 piercings in the other. I’m now 48, and I let most of the holes close up about 15 years ago. However, I do still wear three sets of gold hoops on a daily basis. I don’t care if others people think it isn’t classy, it’s what I like. Frankly, when it comes to what I wear, my opinion on what I like matters far more to me than what others think.

I don’t think multiple piercings look less or more classy per se. I like the look, used to have a second piercing but it closed so I need to get them re-pierced eventually. I like the extra little dot of sparkle (I used to wear the same super small Diamond stud all the time in that second piercing). Just be careful - if you don’t wear an earring for a long while in your second piercing it can close up!

I have three piercings in each lobe which I had done in my late teens. In my 50's now and wear diamond studs and gold studs in two holes. I just recently started wearing earrings again in the second hole. I bought edgy yellow gold pyramid studs from Blue Nile for the 2nd piercings. I wear my 1ctw diamonds in the first hole. Love the look of these together! I haven't attempted to put earrings in the third holes in years. I think I could pop them open, the holes are still visible, but most likely won't.

Reactions: muddledmint
Yes, go for it! I have no regrets about my second piercings. I got both my piercings done as an adult. Multiple piercings are trendy, but two holes per ear is also simple enough that it won’t become passé in time. Go to an app certified piercer. I would never trust some untrained person with a piercing gun to do it.

Yes, go for it! I have no regrets about my second piercings. I got both my piercings done as an adult. Multiple piercings are trendy, but two holes per ear is also simple enough that it won’t become passé in time. Go to an app certified piercer. I would never trust some untrained person with a piercing gun to do it.

This, for sure and certain! :tup: