Should i? A tiffany color-by-the yard necklace

ririan said:
ok... latest news...

My husband bought the pink sapphire by the yard for me last night :smile: but I wont be able to show here until he returns from his business trip.

He told me he pick the 'largest' stone he could find from that tiffany store he went lol. Guess he is not used to such a tiny stone lol.

This will be my first Tiffany item (yes, I know, I am slow ..). Can this sterling silver necklace be worn everyday without taking it off during shower? I usually take off my other sterling silver jewelries before shower, but I am hoping Tiffany ss is special and can withstand daily wear.

I have the bean and have worn it in the shower everyday since I got it a few weeks ago, no tarnish, etc. I think you'll be fine! :smile:

Candid if you get the time would you mind posting some photos of your Tiffany tsavorite and pink sapphire bracelets . I'm thinking of buying these myself
I would love to see how they look layered together and with other bracelets. You have great layering bracelets for them
I'm thinking of layering with a Carolina bucci lucky bracelet and van cleef and arpels sweet Alhambra , do you think the sweet bracelet would go with the dbty / colors by the yard bracelets ?
coloured by the yard.jpg:smile:

Reactions: Niamh_
Oh I actually love how they look together
The color of the tsavorite and pink sapphire is clearer than I expected really pretty
Are they sparkly ?
I only have one yg dbty single stone bracelet ATM
I'm struggling with choosing between single, three or five stone bracelets I'm not sure which to go for
Maybe one that's 5 stone one 3 stone and others single hmmm
I also love your vca sa in rose gold! I'm going to be getting it in yg mop but would also love the rg it's beautiful !!! Lucky lady you have a vca 5 motif :smile:
Love your bracelets

Oh I actually love how they look together
The color of the tsavorite and pink sapphire is clearer than I expected really pretty
Are they sparkly ?
I only have one yg dbty single stone bracelet ATM
I'm struggling with choosing between single, three or five stone bracelets I'm not sure which to go for
Maybe one that's 5 stone one 3 stone and others single hmmm
I also love your vca sa in rose gold! I'm going to be getting it in yg mop but would also love the rg it's beautiful !!! Lucky lady you have a vca 5 motif :smile:
Love your bracelets
the tsavorite is very sparkly the sapphire not so much. thanks blackstar, I love my 5 motif- definitely my favorite bracelet!

I am so sorry for my late update.
Here's a snap pic of the pink sapphire by the yard necklace on me n a close up shot... I am so sorry the pic quality is bad :sad:

image-1154575485.jpg

image-2314422031.jpg

Hopefully this is a better picture of the size of the stone on me. The pinkish hue can't be captured by my phone camera unfortunately. My hub picked a really light pink one n it does sparkle whitish on certain lighting ... Very dainty

image-1084673551.jpg

goodness... I hate myself for being so frickle-minded :sad:
I just returned the pink sapphire by the yard. I am not loving it as much as I thought I should cos it is just not as sparkly as my other necklaces.

So I am now left with a credit note that I can use to exchange for other tiffany items. I really really need advice from all of you ladies here on what I should exchange for:

Mini Filigree heart necklace and mini bean (9mm) necklace, both sterling silver,
or
a DBTY 0.07c, also in sterling silver

I like the idea of exchanging for two necklaces as I can then pass them on to my two gals, but I am already in my 30s, will the two necklaces look weird on me?

To be honest, if I can only own ONE tiffany item in my life, it will be the dainty dbty, but but but ... I already have my HOF fulfillment necklace which I love. sigh ....

Last edited:
Lovely! I love the Color by the Yard. I own every stone in several versions of the necklaces and bracelets, single, triple and 5 stones. They layer nicely with other necklaces, I absolutley love them. The CBTY is a gorgeous line.

I just returned the pink sapphire by the yard. I am not loving it as much as I thought I should cos it is just not as sparkly as my other necklaces.

So I am now left with a credit note that I can use to exchange for other tiffany items. I really really need advice from all of you ladies here on what I should exchange for:

Mini Filigree heart necklace and mini bean (9mm) necklace, both sterling silver,
or

I like the idea of exchanging for two necklaces as I can then pass them on to my two gals, but I am already in my 30s, will the two necklaces look weird on me?

To be honest, if I can only own ONE tiffany item in my life, it will be the dainty dbty, but but but ... I already have my HOF fulfillment necklace which I love. sigh ....

oh no! so sad :sad:
I wouldnt get the dbty...it wont sparkle enough for you compared to your other for sure... I would go for two SS necklaces...the mini bean is so cute.

It seems that you really have your heart set on DBTY - did you try a few on when you returned the CBTY? That might be the only way to tell if it sparkles enough for you.

Have you thought about a DBTY bracelet instead? You might even have enough credit to get the bracelet and a necklace in sterling silver. Or what about getting the DBTY necklace in a different metal or length than your HOF? Just throwing out some ideas because it would be a shame to either not get what you really want, or get something you'd never wear. Sorry if I'm adding to the confusion lol!

or

Get the tiffany's DBTY necklace. seems like that's the ultimate piece you want. Don't settle for less. if you need to save more to get it, wait a little longer. but I would say probably with gold or platinum. SS is not as durable. you can layer that necklace with many others.