Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopping in to contribute. No scarves for me this week I don’t think. We will see.
Sous L’egide archive. Armor plays a part in Star Wars, particularly in the tv series “The Mandalorian”. One quote from a Mandalorian warrior says it all, ”The armor I wear is five hundred years old. I reforged it to my liking, but the battles, the history, the blood all lives within it. And the same goes for every Mandalorian." “This armor is part of our identity. It makes us Mandalorians who we are."
While sous L’egide is not Mandalorian, it is armor :smile:. All armored warriors alike could have said the words above, like Samurai and knights.
And I have to mention that the famed Mandalorian bounty hunter and foundling Jango Fett wore customized Mandalorian armor made of beskar alloy, which was later inherited by his cloned son Boba Fett.
84158124-B2F9-4707-AC5F-35974D17ED0E.jpeg

Hopping in to contribute. No scarves for me this week I don’t think. We will see.
Sous L’egide archive. Armor plays a part in Star Wars, particularly in the tv series “The Mandalorian”. One quote from a Mandalorian warrior says it all, ”The armor I wear is five hundred years old. I reforged it to my liking, but the battles, the history, the blood all lives within it. And the same goes for every Mandalorian." “This armor is part of our identity. It makes us Mandalorians who we are."
While sous L’egide is not Mandalorian, it is armor :smile:. All armored warriors alike could have said the words above, like Samurai and knights.
And I have to mention that the famed Mandalorian bounty hunter and foundling Jango Fett wore customized Mandalorian armor made of beskar alloy, which was later inherited by his cloned son Boba Fett.
View attachment 5394418
Wow... totally on theme and gorgeous!
Gorgeous! thanks for sharing all these mod shots! jaw dropping. can’t pick a favorite tie
Thank you! My favorite tie for today is the last one... cuz that's how I'm wearing it today!

Reactions: hotgalaxy
Today I'm taking a deeper look at various Star Wars planets, and giving a few of my picks for scarves that remind me of these places.

My favorite Star Wars planet has to be beautiful Naboo. There were so many choices of images for this planet, but I'm going with these amazing waterfalls. In this image young lovers Anakin and Padme are enjoying a picnic in a beautiful meadow, and it's no wonder that they fell in love in such a place. The falls remind me of Hermes on the Beach, but scarves with prairie plants, insects and flowers will work as well. Some examples are the beautiful Au Coeur de la Vie, Au Bout du Monde, or L'Ile Deserte.

View attachment 5393964

The Sands of Tatooine. Again, there are a lot of images of this planet, but this view of travelers on foot approaching Jabba's Palace reminds me of La Femme aux Semelles de Vent. Of course, Hermes on the Beach has lots of sand as well. Another scarf with travelers that reminds me of the slow travel on Tatooine is Sous le Cedre.

View attachment 5393965

The Ice planet Hoth. Cold weather scarves such as Gronland and Au View du Grand Nord come to mind. Here we have Gronland.

View attachment 5393966

The Jungles of Dagobah. The jungles of Faubourg Tropical make it an obvious choice. Wild Singapore is an excellent choice as well, as Singapore not only has jungles, but its own Yoda statue.

View attachment 5393967

The Cities of Coruscant. The Battery New York is my first choice. But, any city scarf works as well.

View attachment 5393968

The Oceans of Kamino. I like De La Mer Au Ciel, but again, there are lots of scarves depicting ocean water.

View attachment 5393971

The Canyons of Utapau. Here I'm wearing my Les Canyons Etoiles bandana. From the canyons to the stars. Absolutely on theme.

View attachment 5393972

The Forest moon Endor. This looks so much like Into the Canadian Wild. Another woodsy scarf is Acte III which has a woods on stage, as well as a moon, and it hits the theater theme for the week.

View attachment 5393973

And finally, for Star Wars Mandalorian fans, we have the lava fields of Nevarro. I'm matched it with this volcano spewing out lava in Cosmographia Universalis.

View attachment 5393974

I'm wearing Into the Canadian Wild today, with its stars, forests and butterflies, and thinking that I'm glad that the Rebel Alliance defeated the Galactic Empire in the Battle of Endor.

View attachment 5393993
Each post is more amazing than the last! Fabulous examples!!:ps:

mega quote warning. Just picture that this is that scrolling written word narration on the opening scene of All Star Wars movies. Imagine John Williams music playing while you are reading it haha. Interesting tidbit, the Star Wars intro text is called an ‘opening crawl'.
Little gift for mom, Grand Tralala 140 and danse pacifique 90 :cool: Happy Labor Day and advance wish to mothers everywhere, Happy Mother's day :flowers::hbeat:
View attachment 5393122View attachment 5393123
love scarves out in the wild. Lovely gifts for your mom. Looking wonderful
Thanks for the excellent intro, rbh!
I started out with Axis Mundi today. Not being a star wars aficionado, I failed to make any connection.
View attachment 5393345
But then I changed to azulejos anyhow with its navigation by the stars.View attachment 5393347View attachment 5393348
I actually wore a third scarf today - and on theme too! (Making up for lost time, I guess.) Un Weekend dans l'espace.
View attachment 5393823View attachment 5393824
I will catch up later, but for now, here is my other Un Weekend dans l'Espace (with the tag making a cameo appearance).
View attachment 5394152
I love your style Awillow. And you gave me inspo for my light pink moussie. Looks amazing on you! And I’m jealous you can do bold reds.
I am going to catch up later, but sharing my newest iteration of Faubourg Tropical!. Like the planet Dagobah (thank you @Redbirdhermes for furthering my woeful Star Wars education) one of the countries where I grew up had a rain forest and it was always magical to go-- we felt that we had landed in some mysterious "otherwhere"...
View attachment 5394188
Thank you to @Agrume and to all the TPF community for a wonderful week tumbling "through the looking glass" and to @Redbirdhermes for a fabulous, fun and comprehensive introduction. If I had any trepidation about this theme and my ability to participate, it is gone, baby, gone! You have opened so many lovely doors into the multiverse of our scarves that it is sure to be a lively and creative week. I will start on theme with Galaxy (fittingly in an airport lounge!)
View attachment 5393381
ahhhh the serenity of FT. Love it with that top. And such a beautiful graphic in galaxy.
Fab intro RBH!
Wishing continued Good Luck for the week ahead.

Think I'm safe posting my magenta La Voie Lactee, a cousin to your magnificent black cw.

View attachment 5393512

Aube - Libre Comme l'Ange

Extract from the H booklet:
Aube - Dawn.
Night draws to a close, the sleeper does not wake from sleep, but escapes from it. The rays dispel evil charms and chase away nightmares. Sunlight bathes the room; joy breaks forth.

View attachment 5393513
amazing colors in libre. And voie is a special scarf, congrats
And, droids/robots with Mr. Farrier:View attachment 5393751
both such bold graphics and colors. You can do them justice!
This is an outfit I wore to the office last week, and is perhaps bit of a blend for last week and this week's themes. Cosmographia Universalis over a mustard cashmere sweater with navy/white windowpane cropped pants and white sneakers. (It's so great going to the office in casual attire like this - never would have worn this to work pre-pandemic.) There is a planet (or asteroid?) peaking out on the non-dominant tale, which might qualify for this week's theme.

View attachment 5393922
love this! This blue on is on my wishlist. Wonderful with that top color
01 May 2022 May the Force Be With You: Aliens, outer space, planets and the opera!

Hi Everyone! I'm excited to be doing my first guest hosting this week, because it's…

View attachment 5393034

I thank the Scarf Mistress Team for this opportunity to indulge in one of my favorite topics. The week of May the 4th has come to be known as Star Wars week due to the date pun.

You might think that Hermes has not produced any Star Wars themed scarves, and you would be right. But with a little creativity, I know we can easily find scarves on theme in any collection. I will be expanding on the theme by looking at Hermes scarves which remind us of various characters and themes in Star Wars. Which means our scarves are wide open for interpretation this week.

To begin, Aliens! Hermes has plenty of alien creatures including winged horses and winged zebras, to name a couple. And, doesn't the blue alien musician Max Rebo remind us of elephants?

View attachment 5393037

Outer Space and planets are well represented in Hermes scarves, such as our own galaxy in La Voie Lactee and our moon in Clair de Lune.

View attachment 5393039

Between the elephant, the moon and the strange creatures, Cosmographia Universalis is quite the perfect scarf for this week.

View attachment 5393040

Besides being Space Opera itself, Star Wars has real opera! In Revenge of the Sith, Chancellor Palpatine enjoys a performance of Squid Lake at the Galaxies Opera House. This is Grand Theatre, indeed! Let's see your opera scarves.

View attachment 5393041

It has been noted many times that Darth Vader's armor is based on Japanese Samurai style armor.

View attachment 5393042

So, bring out those Hermes Samurais this week! Medieval armor is great as well. There are many armor styles in Star Wars.

View attachment 5393043

Do you remember Boga, the varactyl in Attack of the Clones? Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is using the Force here to rent a ride. Note the saddle, saddle blanket, reins, and other tack on this scaly, green-skinned beast. But, more importantly, note the beautiful blue feathers on her head. I'll leave it to you to find scarves with tack or feathers. Later this week I'll be taking a look at other alien beasts who were ridden in Star Wars, along with their tack.

Then there is the Force itself. I'm sure we can find scarves that remind us of the Light Side of the Force, or perhaps the Dark Side of the Force.

Signing off today as sweet little Grogu (from The Mandalorian) notices a blue butterfly as he is about the reach out through the Force. The Force and the butterfly are represented in my scarf of the day L'Esprit de la Foret.

View attachment 5393044

I know there are many Hermes scarves with butterflies, and all of them are on theme. In fact, if your scarf depicts an alien beast or something that is on a planet or in space, it is probably on theme for this week.

View attachment 5393045

Tomorrow, I will do a deep dive into Star Wars planets.

Until then, may the Force be with you!
Today I'm taking a deeper look at various Star Wars planets, and giving a few of my picks for scarves that remind me of these places.

My favorite Star Wars planet has to be beautiful Naboo. There were so many choices of images for this planet, but I'm going with these amazing waterfalls. In this image young lovers Anakin and Padme are enjoying a picnic in a beautiful meadow, and it's no wonder that they fell in love in such a place. The falls remind me of Hermes on the Beach, but scarves with prairie plants, insects and flowers will work as well. Some examples are the beautiful Au Coeur de la Vie, Au Bout du Monde, or L'Ile Deserte.

View attachment 5393964

The Sands of Tatooine. Again, there are a lot of images of this planet, but this view of travelers on foot approaching Jabba's Palace reminds me of La Femme aux Semelles de Vent. Of course, Hermes on the Beach has lots of sand as well. Another scarf with travelers that reminds me of the slow travel on Tatooine is Sous le Cedre.

View attachment 5393965

The Ice planet Hoth. Cold weather scarves such as Gronland and Au View du Grand Nord come to mind. Here we have Gronland.

View attachment 5393966

The Jungles of Dagobah. The jungles of Faubourg Tropical make it an obvious choice. Wild Singapore is an excellent choice as well, as Singapore not only has jungles, but its own Yoda statue.

View attachment 5393967

The Cities of Coruscant. The Battery New York is my first choice. But, any city scarf works as well.

View attachment 5393968

The Oceans of Kamino. I like De La Mer Au Ciel, but again, there are lots of scarves depicting ocean water.

View attachment 5393971

The Canyons of Utapau. Here I'm wearing my Les Canyons Etoiles bandana. From the canyons to the stars. Absolutely on theme.

View attachment 5393972

The Forest moon Endor. This looks so much like Into the Canadian Wild. Another woodsy scarf is Acte III which has a woods on stage, as well as a moon, and it hits the theater theme for the week.

View attachment 5393973

And finally, for Star Wars Mandalorian fans, we have the lava fields of Nevarro. I'm matched it with this volcano spewing out lava in Cosmographia Universalis.

View attachment 5393974

I'm wearing Into the Canadian Wild today, with its stars, forests and butterflies, and thinking that I'm glad that the Rebel Alliance defeated the Galactic Empire in the Battle of Endor.

View attachment 5393993
all of this absolutely amazing! You had me at baby yoda pic :hbeat: . And also had me with you Canadian. An absolute fav of mine. Great inspo with the dark green top. Same goes for pulling the plum out of esprit
View attachment 5394139
This little guy/gal could pass as an Alien , Duo Cosmique. Next, Space Derby! Need I say more!
View attachment 5394141View attachment 5394142
And finally Clair de lune, one of my most cherished scarves!
perfect examples. Twins on derby. A fav of mine for sure
All gorgeous, Hotgalaxy. Your CdL is stunning and it suits you most beautifully! Such amazing colors. Joining the moon celebration with the equine ruler:
View attachment 5394146
Astrologie. I hope to get a nouveau someday.
View attachment 5394145
Cosmographia Universalis:
View attachment 5394148
And before Order there was Chaos. Tohu Bohu represents Chaos to me.
View attachment 5394154
all wonderful looks. Love your astrologie gav I think it is. Same Cosmo as cedarwax above wearing with a mustard top I think. It is my top wishlist cw. It has such beautiful blues. And beautiful brooch
Tatooine has two suns, Space Derby has two planets? Close enough, right?

View attachment 5394164View attachment 5394162View attachment 5394163
also Eid Mubarak to all who celebrate
View attachment 5394182
amazing you found this pink sunset pic from the movie. Wow, perfect tie in to your derby. And seeing your derby makes me question why the heck I didn’t get this colorway too. gorgeous
Saddling up a fantastical beast with a fanciful saddle for a ride on a faraway planet! Just kidding, getting ready for a day on Earth working in front of my computer.
haha. Such great graphics in this design
Weekends are usually no-scarf for me, so from the archive to kick off what promises to be a fun week…

Galaxy
View attachment 5393435

Aaaaargh! because surely T Rex is related to the Taun Taun
View attachment 5393436

Fleurs de l’Opera for Palpatine
View attachment 5393437

And representing the frozen tundra where Taun Tauns live… La Vie du Gran Nord and Shackleton
View attachment 5393448
View attachment 5393449
Who can forget the cantina band from Star Wars (The Modal Nodes)?
View attachment 5394343

And Max Rebo’s Band performing for Jabba
View attachment 5394344My band is comprised of New Orleans jazz greats
View attachment 5394345
Wow! Such a variety of star wars connections. Clever!! I absolutely love your color there on fleurs. So unique. I think I have said that before actually. And the last pic w your necklace too is perfection.

Last edited:
Back home again in Indiana with a beautiful memento… I’m gonna tie it in with the theme ‘cause it’s totally outta this world.
Marble Silk Brides de Gala
View attachment 5394410View attachment 5394411View attachment 5394412View attachment 5394413View attachment 5394414View attachment 5394415

So, so happy to see your stunning Marble Silk Brides de Gala, Cookie! Yes, it is truly out of this world gorgeous.

View attachment 5394418

All armor are welcome this week, Nomad! During my reading I found that in the dangerous times of Star Wars, in order to be safe, you either had to be a Jedi, or you had to wear armor. Thank you for the most interesting quotes.

Each post is more amazing than the last! Fabulous examples!!:ps:

Thank you kindly, Julide!

So, so happy to see your stunning Marble Silk Brides de Gala, Cookie! Yes, it is truly out of this world gorgeous.

All armor are welcome this week, Nomad! During my reading I found that in the dangerous times of Star Wars, in order to be safe, you either had to be a Jedi, or you had to wear armor. Thank you for the most interesting quotes.

Thank you kindly, Julide!
Thanks. I think the quotes were from animated Star Wars shows of which there are many. It was on a fan page. I need cliff notes for whenever we sit down to watch anything from the Star Wars line haha

• Haha
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
View attachment 5394418
The scarf is great as is the Mandalorian quote! I may be inspired to tackle the Book of Boba Fett…

Status
Not open for further replies.