Saddle bag or Rogue?

I prefer a good easy bag I can sling on my shoulder or crossbody. One that can't easily have something slipped in it, or pickpocketed. But I'm also easily annoyed by having to grab it by its straps to pick it up off a table and therefore prefer handles... so I went with the Rogue for my latest purchase. But I have and love a few saddle bags.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
I bought a coach 23 saddle bag (well, two, but still debating if i should keep both or just one) but have not used it yet. I haven't seen any reviews on the handle being in the way of the flap - though I did notice that in the design and when I first held it, and thought it may be an issue. But since no one has been talking about it, I thought maybe not an issue then.

Is it that much in the way/annoying?

I know what you are referring to with the Saddle bag...it doesn't bother me at all. I love the size and long strap. The Saddle 23 is my favorite 1941 design--I have 5 right now...and see the 6th on the horizon! The new Goldenrod color is calling my name! LOL :smile:

Reactions: rugratsfc
IMG_0022.JPG
It gets in the way the most when you double the strap and wear on shoulder. I don't have much problem with the flap when I wear it crossbody. Also as you use the bag the stiffness turns into buttery softness and it kind of molds to you. I have 4 of the 23's and its my go to bag on the weekends.

I found the pebbled leather of the whiplash saddle bag was much easier to open because the leather is softer....but some have said that the regular saddle bag softens up with use and makes it easier to open.

I know what you are referring to with the Saddle bag...it doesn't bother me at all. I love the size and long strap. The Saddle 23 is my favorite 1941 design--I have 5 right now...and see the 6th on the horizon! The new Goldenrod color is calling my name! LOL :smile:

Thank you for the replies!

I've loved the 1941 saddle bags when they first came out (the ones with the contrasting edge colours) - and then saw these burnished colours last year and just knew I had to have one.

I've just used the saddle 23 in bordeaux, and can't get over how light and easy it was to actually use it - the strap placement wasn't a bother while I was wearing the bag. It's only when I hold the bag in front of me, and try to flip the whole flap back that it catches on the handle.

View attachment 3711803I've just used the saddle 23 in bordeaux, and can't get over how light and easy it was to actually use it - the strap placement wasn't a bother while I was wearing the bag. It's only when I hold the bag in front of me, and try to flip the whole flap back that it catches on the handle.

Super cute! :smile:

I have the bordeaux and love it--it's a great versatile color! Enjoy!

View attachment 3711803

Thank you for the replies!

I've loved the 1941 saddle bags when they first came out (the ones with the contrasting edge colours) - and then saw these burnished colours last year and just knew I had to have one.

I've just used the saddle 23 in bordeaux, and can't get over how light and easy it was to actually use it - the strap placement wasn't a bother while I was wearing the bag. It's only when I hold the bag in front of me, and try to flip the whole flap back that it catches on the handle.
Love that color!

Reactions: rugratsfc
I vote for rogue because of its versatility and design. It's not as classic as a saddle bag, but still modern with a touch of evergreen and edgy look. You can wear it as a crossbody, shoulder bag, or just have it on the crook of your arm. Fits more, trendier, and you can even dress it up when you want to. Unlike saddle bag, I think the style is too casual to be worn with dresses or such.