Riley

One question for you, dear ladies: do the short straps of the Medium or the Large fit over the shoulder, or are they strictly a hand-and-elbow thing?

(I don´t have a MK nearby, and the long strap looks thin and not very comfortable if the bag is very full). TIA!!

One question for you, dear ladies: do the short straps of the Medium or the Large fit over the shoulder, or are they strictly a hand-and-elbow thing?

(I don´t have a MK nearby, and the long strap looks thin and not very comfortable if the bag is very full). TIA!!

No the shorts straps on either do not fit over the shoulder.
I use the short straps about 99% of the time, but that shoulder strap does come in handy if/when needed.

Do you plan on using the Riley as a shoulder bag only?

I honestly can't remember how comfortable/uncomfortable the shoulder strap is, maybe that's a good thing (I think I'd remember if it was too uncomfortable).

No the shorts straps on either do not fit over the shoulder.
I use the short straps about 99% of the time, but that shoulder strap does come in handy if/when needed.

Do you plan on using the Riley as a shoulder bag only?

I honestly can't remember how comfortable/uncomfortable the shoulder strap is, maybe that's a good thing (I think I'd remember if it was too uncomfortable).

Thank you for your reply! I wanted to wear her most often as a shoulder bag, and as a crossbody bag on the rare occasions I´m not schlepping half the office in it! (elbow or hand is difficult for me, due to the weight inside).

Ah well, I guess I should try to find a Bedford tote in soft leather instead (the one with four pockets outside, and plenty more inside), as I LOVE my Jet Set Top Zip in canary yellow soft leather, but didn´t want to repeat model... and the Riley looked so feminine and neat.

Thank you for your reply! I wanted to wear her most often as a shoulder bag, and as a crossbody bag on the rare occasions I´m not schlepping half the office in it! (elbow or hand is difficult for me, due to the weight inside).

Ah well, I guess I should try to find a Bedford tote in soft leather instead (the one with four pockets outside, and plenty more inside), as I LOVE my Jet Set Top Zip in canary yellow soft leather, but didn´t want to repeat model... and the Riley looked so feminine and neat.

I've actually had both the Riley and Bedford and found the Riley to be lighter and more comfortable on the shoulder. The Bedford has more hardware and makes it just a little less uncomfortable.

I've actually had both the Riley and Bedford and found the Riley to be lighter and more comfortable on the shoulder. The Bedford has more hardware and makes it just a little less uncomfortable.

Thank you for the weight comparison tip, that´s one of the deal breakers for me! I´ll order the Riley, and cross fingers that it fits all the junk I carry around Thank you so much again!

My medium dark dune came today. I'm a bit disappointed, I'm actually not crazy about the style. It looks awkward on me for some reason. The colour is amazing though, I think I'll leave the tags on and resell it. Gah I want to love it, it's just not love though!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462982977.783424.jpg

Last edited:
My medium dark dune came today. I'm a bit disappointed, I'm actually not crazy about the style. It looks awkward on me for some reason. The colour is amazing though, I think I'll leave the tags on and resell it. Gah I want to love it, it's just not love though!

View attachment 3352670

Have you thought about the Small Riley? I got it in Dark Dune last week (had Nordstrom pricematch Belk) and it's a very nice size.

View attachment 3352670

know exactly what you mean. I love dark dune, and I actually love the Riley, but for some reason it wasn't love for me when I got mine either. I ended up with a dark dune sutton and the sutton stops me in my tracks in that color. I DID end up getting a large Riley in black with silver hardware and I think that one is gorgeous! Maybe you just need to find the Riley in the right color for you :smile:

The base of it hits my hip, and I have wide hips, so it sits awkwardly outward and just looks weird. I feel like the small is way too small and the large will look worse. The sutton and Selma look great on me, was just hoping for a soft leather bag for a change.

The base of it hits my hip, and I have wide hips, so it sits awkwardly outward and just looks weird. I feel like the small is way too small and the large will look worse. The sutton and Selma look great on me, was just hoping for a soft leather bag for a change.

I totally get it. I have the sutton and Selma as well and I love the sutton the best for crossbody and the Selma for shoulder wear. Soft leather is nice for a change; MK has so many beautiful designs that I'm sure you'll find something you love.