Reviews on the Gold Coast line?

I love the app, so much easier to post pictures! Here is my little Gold Coast family picture: the Elizabeth in hydrangea, black and fuchsia. The margot in platinum. it took forever to find on ebay, but i finally found it brand new. i want it also in bronze, if i can find it one day--I haven't used it yet.View attachment 2323810
so cute!
i have the black one, it's my everyday bag; i couldn't use the maryanne i need at least one zippered main compartment [paranoid?]

thank you all!

yes, i need a zippered compartment too! i did purchase a furla tote because of the beautiful metallic red but it made so paranoid because it was so open.

in case anyone is looking for the gold coast line, i visited nordstrom rack and saw a whole table of maryanne's and georgina's--mostly black and beige in the bigger and smaller sizes. i did spot some in coral also.

i just stopped by the kate spade outlet also and did not see any goldcoast purses.

I bought one recently. I found it for $250 at my local Winners (Canada), the large black Maryanne. It's not super light but it is full grain leather with thick canvas lining and the chains are lighter than most other chain style bags - I have a Ralph Lauren mini newbury crossbody and I think the LRL is heavier. I keep it stuffed and I noticed this definitely helps its shape and should keep it stored upright on its legs. Its a gorgeous bag for what you're paying so I definitely recommend it.

I own a gold coast metallic Evangeline and absolutely loves it. It's light, soft and roomy (except the chains a little heavy). It is functional with inside zip pocket and multifunction slip pockets. It wears well and didnt really develop wrinkles but I did get a bit of scratch at the side of the gold opening lock and do have to be a little careful as the soft bag texture could be scratched off.. Also has a gold coast kip (gold) wallet on chain but unused still.. However the Kip's texture feels a little tougher compared to evangeline's

I was torn between this and the black...ultimately got the black.....Still in love with both the colors though!:giggles:

I've had my Gold Coast Richie wallet for about 4 years and it's still holding up well with everyday use.

Edit: sorry for the upside down pic. :P

Attachments

• 1390802293460.jpg
    1390802293460.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,050
Ladies, I am so discouraged and wondered if anyone with a black gold coast Maryanne bag, or any color I guess, experienced fading? I was thrilled to find this bag on tradesy.com brand new in original kate spade packaging for less than 300.00. shipped to me about 16 days ago and in love with this bag, used it maybe 8 days of the 16 days I have owned it and yesterday evening noticed massive fading all over bag. front and bag.......sheen is gone where its faded and looks awful. wow, waste of money and so regretful and wondered if this has happened to anyone else? why do you think this happened?

Ladies, I am so discouraged and wondered if anyone with a black gold coast Maryanne bag, or any color I guess, experienced fading? I was thrilled to find this bag on tradesy.com brand new in original kate spade packaging for less than 300.00. shipped to me about 16 days ago and in love with this bag, used it maybe 8 days of the 16 days I have owned it and yesterday evening noticed massive fading all over bag. front and bag.......sheen is gone where its faded and looks awful. wow, waste of money and so regretful and wondered if this has happened to anyone else? why do you think this happened?
I wish someone here has an answer for you! I have had my Maryanne in cashew for about a year now. I've used her only a handful of times but no fading or rubbing off of the sheen. I store her in my closet, on a shelf with no dust bag. But, hoping so,done can chime in for your sake.

I actually own the Black Maryanne. I have had it for several years and it still looks new. No fading, no problems at all. Can you return or exchange the bag?

I've had my black gold Coast Elizabeth for a little over a year and used her as an everyday bag for about half that time, some very slight fading/rubbing off on the corners but nothing major everything else looks new; I don't baby her but do keep her in the dust bag when not in use.

I love the Gold Coast line -maybe a little too much because I don't seem to want to buy anything else but this line in terms of Kate Spade. So far I have both large and small black Maryanne, the large white Maryanne, and a copper metallic large Maryanne. I love these bags because most of my life is centred around work and the large Maryanne fits a file folder perfectly - it's all good.

katespade.jpg

Last edited:
I've had my black gold Coast Elizabeth for a little over a year and used her as an everyday bag for about half that time, some very slight fading/rubbing off on the corners but nothing major everything else looks new; I don't baby her but do keep her in the dust bag when not in use.

error in posting

Last edited: