Question about Cartier Diamants Légers necklace

If you have a slim neck I dont think you need extension. The original length was not tight for me actually but after extending it, it feels more comfortable. I find with my necklace the logo does not move to the front unless i move a lot (gym, cleaning house) Or if I use a sling bag (i know ,its weird). If I remember correctly you can choose where you want to put the extension. You can talk to Cartier about it. You can also tell them how long you want the extension to be. I think the longest they can add is 4cm. I think the extension on my necklace is before the first hook so I cant wear my necklace on the original length anymore. Sorry i cant be too sure. I had it done a while ago
Thanks a lot! really helpful! have you ever regretted not buying a larger size?

Hey asdfghjkl12345, thanks a lot for your answer! Thats also my concern, even the largest DL is still small. I was also considering getting the C de cartier instead (but then this wont be a graduation gift... and I would have to save a bit more after graduation and getting a job). I think a solitaire diamond is really classic and timeless, something I would wear for a long time. So I am a bit unsure IF I should get the dldc or save longer for a C de cartier. I dont want to have the urge to „upgrade“. But on the other hand, the necklace IS really beautiful. even with a smaller diamond. And this might be something I could wear during work (office) without being too „chunky“. What would you do in my place? Or could anyone else help me with my dilemma? thanks in advance! sorry for bad english
I am planning on purchasing the XS size DL necklace in YG for valentines day for myself. I think the $890 mark for that necklace is pretty good. I have the XS size DL earrings In YG and they're the perfect size for everyday so I'm getting the necklace to match. Im not a big necklace person and rarely wear necklaces so a dainty little necklace is perfect for me so if you wear necklaces regularly then you could save up for something a bit bigger so it would be more of a statement. Also, I prefer gold over diamond which is why the size doesn't matter to me. But I just love the way the diamond is enclosed within the gold. Unlike common diamond studs, the DL stud is very different.

I am planning on purchasing the XS size DL necklace in YG for valentines day for myself. I think the $890 mark for that necklace is pretty good. I have the XS size DL earrings In YG and they're the perfect size for everyday so I'm getting the necklace to match. Im not a big necklace person and rarely wear necklaces so a dainty little necklace is perfect for me so if you wear necklaces regularly then you could save up for something a bit bigger so it would be more of a statement. Also, I prefer gold over diamond which is why the size doesn't matter to me. But I just love the way the diamond is enclosed within the gold. Unlike common diamond studs, the DL stud is very different.
Thanks a lot! I also think that Cartier made a simple design very special in its own way. I've been eyeing the studs as well and might be getting them next (but necklace first). The price is pretty reasonable for xs but the price increase with the diamond size is a bit too much so thats why I've considered the small size instead of the large. The xs would be for sure too small for my size (5"7/175cm). Not sure about the small though.

Hi all. I have the small yg diamant legers and wear it layered with one of the yg love necklaces. The legers stays in place almost all of the time. I sleep with them both on so they will very occasionally entwine and move overnight but I find it sits where it is meant to most of the time.

Reactions: hhw
My wishlist until now the Large DL. There is not much photo’s online to compare the large and small size. Is there a major difference in size?
Yes, very significant difference. The large one looks great on its own, it’s a good size. The small works both for stacking and on its own if you like it to look like a “spot light” and not stand out too much.
I tried out both and took the small. Check out utube videos if you can not go to boutique, there are some on both sizes and with mod shots, it will give you a good idea.

Reactions: JLT1 and Destiny757
My wishlist until now the Large DL. There is not much photo’s online to compare the large and small size. Is there a major difference in size?
I feel like the most noticeable difference is between the large vs the others
I have the XS but tried on the small before buying. I didn’t see a huge difference besides the chain and a little more shine. The large however has a relatively bigger stone which does make it stand more out.
I ended up with the XS because I preferred the more dainty chain but would love the large for events

Hi all. I have the small yg diamant legers and wear it layered with one of the yg love necklaces. The legers stays in place almost all of the time. I sleep with them both on so they will very occasionally entwine and move overnight but I find it sits where it is meant to most of the time.
Would love to see a pic! I have the small dL and trying to figure out what to layer with it.