Preowned scores!

I took the 3 pieces I purchased from eBay to Tiffany’s for cleaning and all 3 pieces were cleaned. I have been told they will not clean if they are not authentic Tiffany. 2 out the 4 pieces I purchased also came with a legitimate receipt. That helps with wondering whether they are authentic.

Just be careful. If it's a decent fake and the SA misses it, they can and will clean it. It actually not that uncommon. The only way to truly tell is to send it off for a full buff and polish and the jewellers will let you know quickly.

Reactions: wisconsin
Just be careful. If it's a decent fake and the SA misses it, they can and will clean it. It actually not that uncommon. The only way to truly tell is to send it off for a full buff and polish and the jewellers will let you know quickly.

I didn't send it off for a buff but to get some items extended/shortened at Tiffanys. That should keep me on the save side, too, right?!

Reactions: casiecn
After buying my wedding ring full price at Tiffany and later discovering I could have gotten it 70% off from eBay, all my future "Tiffany" purchases were on eBay. So far I purchased the fleur de lis rg key, enchant platinum key, fleur de lis rg ring, and pearl / diamond studs. I think every piece was more than 60% off retail. I love Tiffany, but I don't think I'd ever pay the full retail price again when there is so much selection of preloved items online.
Agreed!
It makes me sick every time I think about what I could have gotten preloved as a wedding ring. I feel a bit foolish, but oh well. That's life. No more full price items for me!

Reactions: westjenn
OK, I won two Ebay auctions and will cross my fingers that the items are nice and authentic:

A diamond daisy key (I will need to buy a chain)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-amp-Co-Keys-Sterling-Silver-925-Diamond-Daisy-Key-Pendant-With-Pouch-/183158085390?nma=true&si=p3EHgnIKUewwFRrXrNUltXqy1tU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Twist knot earrings
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-Sterling-Silver-Stud-Twist-Knot-Earrings/332602874183?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The twist knots don't have any Tiffany packaging and I may have screwed that up. These are just for me, I feel like I will really like both pieces a lot. We'll see!
I have the twist knot necklace. Hate to tell you this, but those earrings aren't authentic. Also when someone is selling multiples, it is a huge red flag. When someone is selling it for dirt cheap (those retail for $225 USD now and the listing shows $8.67 USD), that is a huge red flag.

I used to write guides on authenticating Tiffany jewelry on eBay after I got duped once many years ago. It is a great idea to go into Tiffany often and study the way the authentic items look. Look at the hallmark, every last detail. Receipts, pouches, and boxes are faked as well. Also, many people sell their authentic pouches and boxes. They are often purchased by people wanting to convince you that their Tiffany is authentic when it is not.

Reactions: genduk
pu3YT7T.png

j28kDBY.png

This I got on eBay for 1.6k. I think I got reeeally lucky though, did see a lot of fakes while browsing (not just on eBay!). I am completely sure this one is authentic now, but when bidding even with all the research I'd done, I was still only ever 99% sure. That's why you need a seller with a good return policy, and be prepared to immediately check for authenticity when you receive it!

pu3YT7T.png

j28kDBY.png

This I got on eBay for 1.6k. I think I got reeeally lucky though, did see a lot of fakes while browsing (not just on eBay!). I am completely sure this one is authentic now, but when bidding even with all the research I'd done, I was still only ever 99% sure. That's why you need a seller with a good return policy, and be prepared to immediately check for authenticity when you receive it!
Congratulations on your beautiful ring!

Reactions: mewt